Parade SG

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Parade SG

Post by bookbabe » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:34 am

Just a quick post to ask folks to pass on some kudos to the CMs who were working parade crowd control in Liberty Square for the Main St Electrical parade last night (Monday) just before 7pm...

A 20-something male SG with an empty stroller decided that he wanted to watch the parade from the railing just in front of the bell, on the wrong side of the garbage can from the roped-off viewing area...right at the corner where the floats have to navigate the turn. It started with one CM politely asking him to move, and thanks to his verbal abuse, repeated rude hand gestures, etc. it escalated up through a few levels of management (and one 1000yo security officer, who hobbled over to watch) before the SG snuck off into the crowd when the huddle was deciding who to call next.

Through it all, the CMs were polite, calm, respectful and handled themselves so well that those of us over in the peanut gallery by the bell applauded the CMs when it was all over. That's one awesome group of CMs, and we all appreciated the way you stuck to your guns and finally drove the SG off.

Kudos to the crew! You were a pleasure to see in action!

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Re: Parade SG

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:20 am

bookbabe wrote:Just a quick post to ask folks to pass on some kudos to the CMs who were working parade crowd control in Liberty Square for the Main St Electrical parade last night (Monday) just before 7pm...

A 20-something male SG with an empty stroller decided that he wanted to watch the parade from the railing just in front of the bell, on the wrong side of the garbage can from the roped-off viewing area...right at the corner where the floats have to navigate the turn. It started with one CM politely asking him to move, and thanks to his verbal abuse, repeated rude hand gestures, etc. it escalated up through a few levels of management (and one 1000yo security officer, who hobbled over to watch) before the SG snuck off into the crowd when the huddle was deciding who to call next.

Through it all, the CMs were polite, calm, respectful and handled themselves so well that those of us over in the peanut gallery by the bell applauded the CMs when it was all over. That's one awesome group of CMs, and we all appreciated the way you stuck to your guns and finally drove the SG off.

Kudos to the crew! You were a pleasure to see in action!
If I may ask, did you catch any of the names? If so I can probably forward them a note.

Kurt

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:47 am

kurtisnelson wrote:If I may ask, did you catch any of the names? If so I can probably forward them a note.
Unfortunately no. I guarantee the folks involved are likely telling this particular SG story in the break room. The guy was pretty spectacular in his persistance to continue being stupid. :D:

There was one shorter blond lady (maybe Barb?) and a medium height woman with long brown hair in a maroon (?) shirt, and a tall black gentleman in what appeared to be an orange dress shirt...and about 3-4 others that I can't remember now. (My night vision's not great.) It was a pretty big crowd by the end of it. The blond lady was the original one on the scene, if I'm recalling correctly, and most of the rest were reinforcements called in at various points. The guy in the orange shirt was the last to be called, so I'm assuming he's a couple levels up in management.

They were a pleasure to watch in action...and it was even nicer to see an SG driven off... ;)

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

bookbabe wrote:There was one shorter blond lady (maybe Barb?)
I feel slightly sorry for that SG now. They picked the wrong coordinator to pick a fight with.

Kurt

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:32 pm

From my interaction with her, Barb is good people... but like Kurt says, not someone you want to mess with... :rolleyes:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?