Things that make you crazy!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Things that make you crazy!

Post by Darksin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:34 pm

While looking over at another boards lately, I noticed they all have threads with people complaining about strollers.

People touching their strollers.
People taking items from their strollers.

This is a personal pet peeve of mine and I haven't worked for the parks in years yet it still makes crazy.

-If you don't want your stroller touched, park it in the right spot!
This isn't rocket science, see the big sign that says "Stroller Parking" it goes there. Not 50 feet to the left, not in the middle of the pathway.. RIGHT THERE! I can't tell you how many times I got screeched at by people because they decided to park their precious stroller where they wanted it, where it was also a hazard to everyone else, and I moved it.

-If you don't want something stolen, don't leave it in your stroller!
Seriously people? Seriously?!
You wouldn't leave your purse or wallet there, then it's probably NOT a good idea to leave your camera/cell phone/merchandise there either. Because honestly, that's just asking for some idiot to take it.

Okay, I feel better now.

So, what incredibly stupid thing makes the rest of you crazy?

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Mr. D.
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Things that make you crazy!

Post by Mr. D. » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:05 am

Oh lord I see this thread becoming 100 pages in a very short time.

Well, since we're on the topic of strollers, I hate it when people with strollers (and granny carts) think they can use them to plow their way through a crowd. My last trip to MK, we were all trying to exit the park at the end of the night. going down Main Street is a mad house. This woman behind me kept hitting my ankle with her stroller. The first time I ignored it thinking it was crowded and accidents happen (even though she never apologized). Then it happened again a little harder. I looked back giving her a dirty look (I also noticed at this time there was no child in the stroller, just her junk.) After the 4th time of her doing this, I stopped and kicked backwards shoving the stroller into her. After that, she stayed back about 10 feet from us.

But I would have to say my ALL TIME, OVER ALL NUMBER 1, TOP OF THE LIST pet peeve that drives my OFF THE WALL CRAZY are kids that hang/swing on the "ropes" in a que line. OMG they are not the ride. I don't need you smacking the rope into me and I promise you that if you fall off and bust your head open I WILL stand up to defend the park against your stupidity. And don't stand or sit on the gosh dang hand rails. We ALL have to stand in line. We're ALL tiered. You sitting or standing (even walking on) the hand rails means when the line moves, you have to take time to get down then move. You're holding up everyone else.

*whew* glad I got that off my chest.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:58 am

It's hard to narrow things down! :D:

I'd give the #1 pet peeve position to parents who push their kids to far. This manifests in a variety of ways, from the parents dragging the kids around becuase the *have* to do everything to the ones making their kids go an a ride that scares them and all flavors in between. It is bad for the kids and bad for everyone around that has to watch and listen to the results.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:15 am

We push a stroller for our 3 year old, the 6 year old graduated to shoe leather express last summer :)

Even if you park in stroller parking, there is a good chance it will get moved. It happened to us almost every time, sometimes it was well away from where we parked it. It happens, get over it, walk the extra 10-20' to get it and be glad it was still there! The entire stroller can, and do, go missing!

I would only use the stroller as a weapon when people do stupid stuff, and only when empty!

It is a two way street in regards to strollers and people who do not have them. Have some situational awareness people! People do need strollers, so pay attention to where you're walking! If you trip over my stroller and land on my child because I am going straight and you decide to turn in front of me, there is a good chance there will be words and/or some sort of physical confrontation.

As far as ropes/chains/rails goes, the problem with kids, they don't understand that A may lead to B. If they swing on a rope or chain, they don't think that it might break. I give the kids slack, but we do tell ours to stop. No matter how many times, it will happen again. Thankfully they aren't too bad about it, usually just a couple times a day. It's up to the parents to get their kids down, but I'll usually say something if it is annoying. Or make sure the kid or parents get hit by the backpack as I "squeeze" by due to their kids hanging into my part of the queue.

I laughed when I saw ECVs rented from a place called Walker Mobility. I laughed at the irony. I was on my way to get fast passes for something, and there was a lady who was driving down the path, got behind someone and hit the horn. They moved, then she did it again. This time the guy turned, looked, and then kept walking in front of her. I couldn't tell if she stayed on the horn or not, but I found it amusing. Folks, if you NEED the ECV, great, use it, but keep in mind that you don't own the path! Turn the dial closer to the turtle instead of the rabbit and enjoy the park!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:08 am

WEDFan wrote:It's hard to narrow things down! :D:

I'd give the #1 pet peeve position to parents who push their kids to far. This manifests in a variety of ways, from the parents dragging the kids around becuase the *have* to do everything to the ones making their kids go an a ride that scares them and all flavors in between. It is bad for the kids and bad for everyone around that has to watch and listen to the results.
I used to like to go to the parks around 1:30-2pm and watch the meltdowns. Sometimes it was the adults. I really like the Annual Pass and making more than one trip a year. We try not to push our limits - some days just getting out of bed is hard enough.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:21 am

There's lots of little things that drive me crazy at the parks, but they can all be summarized with one word - entitlement!

Over on Board X, a person recently posted about how her vacation was practically ruined on day one, and that she wanted to go home already...because she arrived at the hotel at noon and her room wasn't ready "until, in tears, she begged for one" around 3pm. Or the other person who was upset because their check-in was just efficient and matter-of-fact, there was nothing "magical" about it. Seriously? You're crying because your room isn't ready until the actual check-in time listed on your documents or your CM was efficient? Get a grip.

There's too many SGs that assume that they're the center of the universe. Whether it's demonstrated through unreasonable expectations that no human could practically live up to, or through unreasonable behaviour in lines or when encountering difficulties, or by simply stopping in the middle of the path and blocking it to have their conversation because it's all about them and their needs...it all drives me nuts. I don't care how much you paid, whether you're a shareholder or AP holder or the king of the world...you are entitled to the same considerations as every other guest, and you are expected to be polite and considerate of others if you want those considerations for yourself in turn.

(And yes, that entitlement issue drives me just as nuts outside the parks, too...)

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm

bookbabe wrote: Over on Board X, a person recently posted about how her vacation was practically ruined on day one, and that she wanted to go home already...because she arrived at the hotel at noon and her room wasn't ready "until, in tears, she begged for one" around 3pm. Or the other person who was upset because their check-in was just efficient and matter-of-fact, there was nothing "magical" about it.
I saw those, and while the first one seemed pretty typical of that type to me, the second one totally blew my mind. Just efficient and helpful? I was hoping for this response: :angrymob:

... But last time I checked, wasn't happening. :rolleyes:

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:27 pm

My manager friend at Epcot was telling me that those new tinkerbell balloons are a hot item to be stolen right now. People are attaching them to the strollers and leaving them in stroller parking only to come back and find them gone.

Its crazy what people will steal.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 pm

I made this LOL right after our last trip to WDW in 2010, it pretty much sums up a typical day at the park!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completes ... 54b9f9.png

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:32 pm

A few years ago at DHS when I was working at Indy, if I was assigned to "straightening strollers" if I found any that were parked in other than a stroller area I would move it to as far away from the other side of the entrance and still be in stroller parking. Usually would also block it in if possible.