Remembering Pleasure Island

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Re: Remembering Pleasure Island

Post by KingsIslander » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:53 pm

DonutGoddess wrote:We finally tried Fulton's last year for lunch. My Shrimp Po' Boy lived up to it's description, it was Po' and our waiter was terrible. He forgot to put our appetizer in and then tried to tell me that sometimes the appetizers come out after the main course.
But it does, sometimes! It clearly did that time. ;)

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:
I may be straight, but I would LOVE to see the look on their faces as they make that realization. You don't have video, do you?
I wish I did but this was before I had my wonderful Iphone with video built in. I wouldnt be to suprised to see something like this on youtube.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:34 am

We only went there once- back in 2008 (before that it just never worked out for us to get there during our trips) and we had I think the best experience anyone could ask for.

They really played with us- it took me fifteen minutes to figure out that there wasn't something wrong with my bar stool (we tipped the poor server working the library really well because she was working her keister off- and so the cast seemed to take a shine to us though I felt bad, before we finally parked my wheelchair outside (that place was so not chair friendly) and found me a chair to sit in Emil Bleehall (sp?) was waiting at the back of the room where we were to start one of the shows, big plastic cow in hand and he nearly killed himself tripping over me. I was thinking, looking at him (this was our first show there) "it must be part of the thing for tourists to come dressed like boy scouts..." i didn't realize yet he was one of the bunch.

We had a fantastic cast that night- we kept getting shoved to the back of the room during shows because I move slow but my sister had told me to be sure to get to the front for the Balderdash Cup and so I moved as fast as I CAN move- and we got the front table. We were so happy and into the show (and had been noticed by the cast by that point for playing along earlier and being really interested and good sports) that I was given- directly handed- not just the matchbook from Atlantis, but the napkin too.

My sister only got the matchbook :D she's still jealous.

So much more to tell from that night but have to go do some other stuff, will come back and tell more later.

I wish they'd bring it back and make it a dinner theater experience- I swear, I'd pay 100 bucks a head to spend a night eating and hanging out in the Club again *sigh*.

I loved it so much that in my serial fiction writing, I actually had my Trek crew having parties on the holodeck at the Club (hey, I was Captain, I could do that kind of thing. :D)

I have a set of the Club letters that I got as a gift last Christmas hanging on the wall, framed, in my living room. Of course, the one that Samantha Sterling gave me herself is still my favorite (it's the Hathaway letter. LOVE it.)

The very best WDW souvenirs are the ones you can't buy in a gift shop.

Kungaloosh!

bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:56 am

hobie16 wrote:She should have done a haka.
Then again, maybe not.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ianto Jones » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:43 pm

Re: AC -- found this via Google...

http://scottnkristal.com/travel/adventurers_club

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 am

Ianto Jones wrote:Re: AC -- found this via Google...

http://scottnkristal.com/travel/adventurers_club
Sweet, thanks! Ah, AC, we hardly knew ye. <sniff>

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:32 pm

My AC canteen sits proudly atop the hollowed-out head of a Yakoose.

OldTimePIGuy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by OldTimePIGuy » Thu May 01, 2014 3:45 pm

Near Philly wrote:My AC canteen sits proudly atop the hollowed-out head of a Yakoose.
The AC canteen is one of my prized possessions. I'm curious to see what one of those would fetch on eBay. Not that I'd sell it......just curious.

Also in the collection: an original Manican, a Toxic Waste barrel from the Cage and I still think I have a Comedy Warehouse Woobie around somewhere.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri May 02, 2014 6:58 am

I used to get a polo shirt everytime I went to the World. The first time we went after PI opened I picked up a great one with an embroidered AC logo. It immediately became a favorite and I wore the thing out. It's still in the back of my closet, even though I can't wear it any longer. I keep thinking that some day I'll cut off the patch and do something with it.

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Sun May 04, 2014 1:18 pm

I so miss Pleasure Island as a whole. First time was on 2001, we had a blast and it slowly got worse from that trip on. Can't imagine why they closed it all up for more shopping.