Pop Warner?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Pop Warner?

Post by bookbabe » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm

Okay, so hubby surprised me with a weekend getaway to WDW...but it's for the first weekend of Pop Warner. :eek:

We're booked at Coronado Springs rather than one of the values, and we'll have parkhoppers. Do you think we'll be able to avoid most of the cheerleading chaos?

CMs, how bad are they, really? Are all the Board X horror stories true? Are they really worse than the BTGs?

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Pop Warner?

Post by avengador1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Just make sure you are ahead of them when you want to go on a ride. ;)
I don't think they are as noisy as the Argentinian or the Brazilian tour groups, their groups also aren't as large.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:59 am

We've been there during Pop Warners before and it has never been too bad. Of course, we've never stayed inthe same hotel as them, but sounds like you won't be either. It's occasionally annoying when a large group gets enthusiastic in the middle of a path or queue, but mostly we just go in a different direction. We're don't usually have something that we *have* to do at a specific time.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Pop Warner:

My sister and I have came across them. Avon ladies, run and hide the make-up! Aqua net hair spray and loads of cheering and stunts that would would get them banned from the parks.

Of course, if you do hear a clap of thunder, get under something quickly!

You should be ok. I would suggest a room away from the pools. Ear plugs, and you should be ok.

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:14 pm

As long as you are not in the same resort then you are golden. Worst trip to WDW was when we were in the same resort as them, POR. Up all night with screaming, running the halls and morning rush at the food court. In the parks you hardly notice them.

HappyCamper
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by HappyCamper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:24 am

Csaks wrote:As long as you are not in the same resort then you are golden. Worst trip to WDW was when we were in the same resort as them, POR. Up all night with screaming, running the halls and morning rush at the food court. In the parks you hardly notice them.
Absolutely agree with this!! Cheering at all hours of the night at PO-R kept us awake several nights in a row. I don't know if their chaperones/coaches are with them when they're doing their cheers, but it's LOUD and lasts forever when you're trying to cover your head with your pillow to get back to sleep.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[font="Arial Black"]"All of our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 am

And the reason they're not a huge problem in the parks is that they are tired from being up all night. To those of you who put up with them at night so they are easier to deal with all day, thank you. :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:59 pm

So, it sounds like we'll be fine, as long as they're in the All Stars and Port Orleans again.

I checked the Pop Warner website, and they don't have the info for the nationals posted yet. Anybody in Resorts know if they're using the same hotels again this year? :paranoid:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:11 pm

I believe they always stay in the moderate resorts. In the parks they aren't to bad, especially compared with the Brazilians. At least with the cheerleaders when you tell them something they understand what you're saying.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Csaks
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Csaks » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:53 pm

bookbabe wrote:So, it sounds like we'll be fine, as long as they're in the All Stars and Port Orleans again.

I checked the Pop Warner website, and they don't have the info for the nationals posted yet. Anybody in Resorts know if they're using the same hotels again this year? :paranoid:
Unless something has changed that is where they usually stay. The following year we stayed at CSR and forgot they were around. Only the occasional cheer in lines reminded us it was that time of year.
Big Wallaby wrote:And the reason they're not a huge problem in the parks is that they are tired from being up all night. To those of you who put up with them at night so they are easier to deal with all day, thank you. :D:
You are very welcome. I was thinking of stringing a line to the railing across the hall through the door, to the bed. Hear them coming, pull her tight and wait for the splat.