Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Post by Monorail_Red » Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:09 pm

It has already been discussed on other boards so I'm not disclosing any new information that might have been given to me by contacts I still have at Monorails.

Last night was TRON-o-Rail's last run. Monorail Coral should be back out on the beamways within a month or so. She needs a nap and some TL&C in Shop.

Monorail_Red

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Post by seeing_eye_child » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Monorail_Red wrote:It has already been discussed on other boards so I'm not disclosing any new information that might have been given to me by contacts I still have at Monorails.

Last night was TRON-o-Rail's last run. Monorail Coral should be back out on the beamways within a month or so. She needs a nap and some TL&C in Shop.

Monorail_Red
Aw, nuts! I'll have missed it by just over a month.

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 pm

After a year and a half on the Epcot beam, only needing a month off is damn impressive.

I wonder what will happen the first time they put her onto Resorts for a day... :o:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Monorail_Red
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: Monorails
Position: Former CM

Post by Monorail_Red » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:45 am

Big Wallaby wrote:I wonder what will happen the first time they put her onto Resorts for a day... :o:
A few months ago she was, in fact, on Resorts for a whole day or so AS the TRON-o-Rail! :D:

Regards,
Monorail_Red

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 am

seeing_eye_child wrote:Aw, nuts! I'll have missed it by just over a month.
We were there twice while it was running and managed to miss it both times. I was not a fan, but hubby would have liked to see it. Not enough to go looking while there, mind you, but enough to grumble about missing it. :rolleyes:

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:24 am

Big Wallaby wrote:After a year and a half on the Epcot beam, only needing a month off is damn impressive.

I wonder what will happen the first time they put her onto Resorts for a day... :o:
Why is resorts harder on the trains ? Is it the radius of the loop, or the fact that there are a lot more stops & door cycles during a day? Plus the longer days I assume?

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 am

I was in Epcot the first day it was in operation. Good bye! I'll miss you.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:25 pm

Well, at least I can still see photos of it. Bye TRONorail, you had a good run.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:59 am

Resorts isn't harder on the trains. It's that it will be operating from Cab 6 instead of Cab 1 for an extended period, most likely several days. When a train is put on Resorts, it spends at least one night out, if not two or three, to save it the trauma of going through the switches. Epcot is different because it has a smooth switch system.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

Guys! Did you see that they're cutting back hours of monorail operations now-- closing down an hour after park close instead of running them during EMH???!!! I posted a link in the Newsroom.

Here's hoping all the trains will now get some TLC in shop. . .

...and I for one won't miss Tron-o-rail. Saw it last year, hated it! I was shocked by it in fact I remember asking Zazu "What have they done to my childhood memories!" :eek: To me monorails should always be white with a colored stripe. Nothing else. No stickers, no promotional crud. Just perfect as they were.

~bru

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane