Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Bye-Bye to TRON-o-Rail

Post by Freak » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 pm

February wrote:To me monorails should always be white with a colored stripe.
You wouldn't like DL's then. We went back to the old Mark II/Mark III style paint scheme with our newest fleet (Mark VII?). Whatever the train color, that's the color of the chassis (Monorail Red = red chassis). They have a silver stripe running in the middle along with a black stripe from nose to nose with some white accent stripes towards the bottom. I find them to be pretty classy looking, myself.

The Mark VII fleet is also only three trains large. Monorail Red, Blue, and Orange. Now our Monorail Fleet looks even punier compared to WDW's!

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

I like 'em fine for DL :D: Just not for WDW.

I AM going to get to DL one day...those are beautiful trains!

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane

seeing_eye_child
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by seeing_eye_child » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Freak wrote: The Mark VII fleet is also only three trains large. Monorail Red, Blue, and Orange. Now our Monorail Fleet looks even punier compared to WDW's!
Punier, maybe, sure....but they're soooo preeeettyyyy!

Going around World Showcase is like traveling in time and relative dimensions in space! :tardis:

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:23 am

Freak wrote:They have a silver stripe running in the middle along with a black stripe from nose to nose with some white accent stripes towards the bottom.
That's pretty classy looking! I don't think three trains long will do it at the Magic Kingdom. One day last week we showed up and it looked like there were 1000 people (probably a little less but a lot of people no less) waiting to take the monorail to MK. There were 5 people waiting for the resort monorail. We took the resort rail instead. Made a lot more sense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MagicDream4Me
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by MagicDream4Me » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:33 am

So, do you guys think the decreased monorail hours are a permanent thing- or maybe just until they get some work done to them?

..........................[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]........................

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 am

MagicDream4Me wrote:So, do you guys think the decreased monorail hours are a permanent thing- or maybe just until they get some work done to them?
I hope its not permanent and just till they can get the trains worked on. For some strange reason everytime I get on the monorail its stops for such a long time. I cant even remember the last time It ran from station to station without stopping midway. Its starting to create a monorailphobia in me.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:30 am

NemoRanger wrote:I hope its not permanent and just till they can get the trains worked on. For some strange reason everytime I get on the monorail its stops for such a long time. I cant even remember the last time It ran from station to station without stopping midway. Its starting to create a monorailphobia in me.
Most of the time they aren't stopping because of mechanical problems, just so they don't run into each other.

I love the DL color scheme. I don't care if I am used to seeing the white with the stripe...I would trade for the DL type in a heartbeat. Very sharp looking!

:goofy: :goofy:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Most of the time they aren't stopping because of mechanical problems, just so they don't run into each other.
Well, I would have worded it differently, but yes. However, the driver should be talking to you when you are stopped.
Goofyernmost wrote:I love the DL color scheme. I don't care if I am used to seeing the white with the stripe...I would trade for the DL type in a heartbeat. Very sharp looking!
They do look good, when they aren't following each other in the style that the WDW trains do.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:00 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:After a year and a half on the Epcot beam, only needing a month off is damn impressive.

I wonder what will happen the first time they put her onto Resorts for a day... :o:
REALLY???? It has been THAT long???? The movie came out in December. I thought it was much shorter than THAT!! :eek:
February wrote:I like 'em fine for DL :D: Just not for WDW.

I AM going to get to DL one day...those are beautiful trains!
Yes, they are puuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdy!!!!! *Drool* :cool:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:57 pm

Damn it! And I didn't even get to say good bye!

A good photograph means knowing where to stand