Fast Pass Pet Peeve

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Fast Pass Pet Peeve

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:25 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:This happens all the time on Little Mermaid and Hautned Mansion, eventhough the "No Flash Photography" rule is enforced.
Enforced? Wish I could see the SG Smackdown on those! ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:24 am

DisneyMom wrote:Enforced? Wish I could see the SG Smackdown on those! ;)
Even with a pre warning from a CM before the ride or the omnious(sp?) "voice from above" announcing that there is "NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY!" Does anyone listen: NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:18 am

5th Dimension wrote:Speaking of Nemo, this guy in the red hat was constantly taking flash pictures of the various screens in the ride. GENIUS! He didn't seem to care a very bright flash blasted in his direction though, maybe he can't see anymore due to the flashes of his own camera every 10 seconds.
I think you just hit one of my biggest pet peeves. I just think its RUDE and really pointless taking pictures on a dark ride. Yes it might look cool in the dark but when you use flash it ruins the magic.

I quite taking backstage tours of rides because now when I ride them and I know the mechanics I tend to really only see the mechanics of the ride and the magic is gone.

I also dont understand those SG who walk around the park with thier eyes glued to the little screens on Camcorders. Like anyone including them is ever going to want to see 10 hours of walking around WDW.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:08 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Enforced? Wish I could see the SG Smackdown on those! ;)

I wish we could actually enforce this, somehow. If I were to go beyond
an overhead spiel and actually confront a SG on this issue the SG would
then complain that I was rude, ruined their vacation and have their palm
out for some compensation. Not a whole lot of backup from upstairs on
this issue.

Same goes for the ones that reach into the water and splash the
whole boat and think it's so funny. :mad:

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Hmmm, I wonder if there is some kind of flash detector that would shine a dazzling light on the SG, giving them a taste of what it's like to be flashed. Followed, perhaps, by a booming voice saying "What part of NO flash photography DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND????" What would be really cool is to follow it with a giant pointing finger aimed right at the SG, with "Yeah, YOU, Loser!" booming through the ride. Maybe even pause the ride for this. I know, horribly impractical and all that, but fun to imagine though, right? :D: :twisted:

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:40 pm

Natural Selection Fan wrote:Same goes for the ones that reach into the water and splash the whole boat and think it's so funny. :mad:
No kidding! Three of the most annoying SGs I've ever encountered were two pre-teen boys and their mom, on It's a Small World one trip. The mom gave each boy a bag of pennies at the start of the ride, which the boys then used as projectiles for the whole trip. Not only were they throwing them into the water to splash our boat and the boats ahead of us, but they were chucking them with all of their strength at the dolls. Mom just smiled and laughed the whole time...

I really feel sorry for CMs who are stuck trying to impose common sense and common courtesy on the SGs...especially since you seem to have very little backup from above. I wonder, would it help if we non-SG guests complained more at GR about SG behaviours? Maybe if we made enough of a paper trail, The Powers That Be would see that they need to give you more tools and more support in stopping the stupidity? Tazers are probably out of the question, but I'd love to see SGs actually penalized for the stupid things they do that spoil rides for the rest of us...

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:18 pm

bookbabe wrote:... they were chucking them with all of their strength at the dolls.
Hmmmmmmmm, so the kid tosses a penny, which hits just the right spot and causes an electrical arc, which goes looking for the closest ground point, which is the kid's outstretched arm, and fries him in his seat. Looks like a win to me. :twisted:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 pm

hobie16 wrote:Hmmmmmmmm, so the kid tosses a penny, which hits just the right spot and causes an electrical arc, which goes looking for the closest ground point, which is the kid's outstretched arm, and fries him in his seat. Looks like a win to me. :twisted:
:thumbsup:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

5th Dimension
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by 5th Dimension » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:37 am

bookbabe wrote:No kidding! Three of the most annoying SGs I've ever encountered were two pre-teen boys and their mom, on It's a Small World one trip. The mom gave each boy a bag of pennies at the start of the ride, which the boys then used as projectiles for the whole trip. Not only were they throwing them into the water to splash our boat and the boats ahead of us, but they were chucking them with all of their strength at the dolls. Mom just smiled and laughed the whole time...
That would get me angry. I'd yell at them, video tape it, and then tell CMs at the ride as soon as I got to the dock. If the CMs couldn't do anything about it, I'd put it on youtube as a showcase to stupidity.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 pm

I sat with a bunch of flashers in my boat on "La Gran Fiesta." I'm pretty sure taking flash pictures of projected cartoons doesn't work. Ticked me off more than it probably should have, since that was the first day of my vacation and I'd already been rammed by an ECV and "Journey into Imagination" went 101 while I was in the queue. The vacation got much better after that tho.

8^)