Can a CM clarify? - transportation

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SnDMommy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Can a CM clarify? - transportation

Post by SnDMommy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03 am

Is the use of the Disney transportation supposed to be complimentary to resort guests, or is it also included with your park ticket? I realize that just because you CAN use the transportation, doesn't mean you SHOULD, so I'm asking in regards to the letter of the law, so to speak. Park guests or resort guests?

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Can a CM clarify? - transportation

Post by DragonFox98 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 am

Disney buses are to be used by guests staying on Disney owned properties only. However, anyone is able to use the monorail to get around. Is that what you meant?

For example, you can park at the TTC and take the monorail to MK or EPCOT but you can't park at Downtown Disney or Port Orleans Riverside and take the bus to Animal Kingdom.

I know I'm not a CM, but I can help if you need it. Also, if you wanted info on boat travel, just let me know.

SnDMommy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by SnDMommy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Yep, that's exactly what I was asking, thank you. I wasn't asking for me personally, I was just looking for clarification on "the rules". I've heard some people say the Disney transportation (all methods, excluding ME) was included with your park admission. However, I've heard other people say that the buses were only to be used by resort guests.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:44 pm

If you have ticket media that includes park hopping, you are permitted access to the system. I know we have rails folks on here, isn't monorails kind of special in that it is partially attractions ops?

Kurt

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

I don't think the buses should be exclusive to resort guests. I've taken buses in between parks before

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for some rational interpretation on this. My first flame on Board X was because I posted what I found on the WDW site
("Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.")

I was told "Walt Disney World Resort hotels" meant anyone visiting a park. Silly me to think I should take this literally. I was not-so-politely told that my understanding was a "common misperception". Despite posting a link to the WDW page with the quote, I was blasted for being "out of the know". (my words. Theirs weren't as nice)

j

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:27 pm

All WDW Transportation is free to "resort guests". The key being those two quoted words.

As explained to me by a supervisor. the definition of "resort guests" is pretty much anybody who is spending or who is likely to spend money.

Not so much a "Mickey Mouse" outfit as a "Scrooge McDuck" syndicate.

Zazu

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:19 am

Common sense would dictate that if you have a resort that covers 42 square miles and then you scatter attractions all over it, it would be pretty bad business to say to a ticketed person...Yup, it's everywhere but how you get there is your problem. We build'um...you will come.

:goofy: :goofy:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 am

TeamUBR, you don't have to hold back here. Just don't name which Board X it was.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

chartle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by chartle » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:37 am

TeamUBR wrote:Thanks for some rational interpretation on this. My first flame on Board X was because I posted what I found on the WDW site
("Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World Resort—including transportation to and from Disney Theme Parks and Disney Water Parks—is available to Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.")

I was told "Walt Disney World Resort hotels" meant anyone visiting a park. Silly me to think I should take this literally. I was not-so-politely told that my understanding was a "common misperception". Despite posting a link to the WDW page with the quote, I was blasted for being "out of the know". (my words. Theirs weren't as nice)

j
I didn't see your post on board x*, but if you are trying to use the line a bolded above to claim that Disney transportation is only for guests staying at a Disney resort Hotel then you are reading it wrong. It doesn't say exclusively available to hotel resort guests.

Also your reference to "Walt Disney World Resort hotels" meaning everyone that is a visiting a park, is a little off. As explained above there is no proper definition of what a "Walt Disney World Resort Guest" is. The WDW resort is the entire property.

*ETA: OK I found the thread on board x and unless some posts where deleted, I didn't see anyone flame you not even close. They just basically posted what I did. Just because its a perk for hotel guests it doesn't exclude it for everyone.