Bathroom Tricks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
I am Sam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Bathroom Tricks

Post by I am Sam » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:34 am

I was talking to my sister the other day when she reminded me of one of our top 5 stupid guest tricks experiences in over 25+ trips.
In July 2010 we were on vacation with our 2 cousins (14 and 17), sister (17), our parents, aunt and uncle, her (12) and me (26). I took the "kids" to MKs EMH that ran from midnight to 3am. I had to use the bathroom before we rode Space Mountain. It was about 1am. We go to the restrooms that are right before the path to Toontown. I am a incomplete C-5 quadriplegic so we (I usually have someone go into the stall with me) of course needed either a handicap stall or companion room. Well the handicap stall would not shut between my chair, my sister, and the bags on me since I am the family pack mule. So we waited 30 minutes for the companion room to open. We were ready to go get a CM because we were afraid someone was sick or even dead.

Well when the door opened and the mom came out she stammered an apology. She was there with her 4 kids (aged 1, 3, 5, and 7) and husband. Her five year old threw a hissy fit (she was too short) when Dad took the 7 year old to ride space mountain. She was using the companion bathroom as a time out spot! And once I went in I realized she had only punished the 5 year old and ignored the younger two. The sink had over flowed, the paper towels had been torn in tiny pieces and thrown everywhere and the entire roll of tp was in the toliet. I luckily catherarise threw my belly button (I had surgery called a Mitroffanoff or Hooiser pouch to create a second urethra from my bladder to my belly button so I can cath without undressing and it's cleaner less infections) I just cathed into a water bottle threw it away and used handsanatizer. I told everyone in line where the closest companion bathroom was located. Then I found the nearest CM told them about the mess.

I have no problem with one parent that has a kid(s) using the companion bathroom as a bathroom. It just made me mad that this lady tied up the only companion bathroom in that area that I could use. She didn't know that I have a medical condition called Autonomic Disreflexia. If my bladder gets to full my body goes haywire since my spinal cord can't let my brain know it. My blood pressure will raise to 250/175, my heart rate spikes to as high as 230 beats per minute. It can cause heart attack, stroke, and/or a pulmonary embolis. I was almost ready to cath behind the building with my sister holding a towel we had in my backpack to block anyone from seeing. We couldn't leave to find another one because the other 3 kids were continually riding Buzz Lightyear until we were done and I was afraid if we left we would have to wait at the next one too.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Bathroom Tricks

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 am

That is awful! I wonder if a CM could be alerted anytime the companion BR is not vacated in a reasonable time-there could be someone hurt in there-or-
an SG to be evicted :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:08 am

I'm all for timeouts when a kid needs them, but in a PUBLIC BATHROOM??!!! :eek: I try and spend as little time as possible there. There are PLENTY of other spots for time out that are better. I'm the evil parent that's likely to put their child on a bench where they can SEE all the fun but not be able to participate in it. And woe be unto the child that throws a tantrum... You sit QUIETLY and take your time out without any more drama or you get yanked out.

Chaka Peachfuzz
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Chaka Peachfuzz » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:00 am

I would have put the SG and her Hubby on time out and made them clean the bathroom.

I really detest it when people make pigs of themselves in a public restroom! Really - who uses a companion restroom for a time out spot? I am with the pp who said they'd park the kid on a bench and make them watch the fun!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am

That is creative and disgusting. There are plenty of places where a guest can go around the corner for a time-out that isn't going to cause other people problems. Either that, or if you really want to make a statement, go back to the room.

But, being a SG, she isn't aware of her actions and how they affect and offend others. Nor does she care.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:54 pm

That is disgusting! Plus, I hate when people tie up the companion restroom for silly reasons

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

I am Sam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by I am Sam » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:That is creative and disgusting. There are plenty of places where a guest can go around the corner for a time-out that isn't going to cause other people problems. Either that, or if you really want to make a statement, go back to the room.

But, being a SG, she isn't aware of her actions and how they affect and offend others. Nor does she care.
We have a three strikes you are out policy at dinsey world. Our nieces and nephews know that if throw 3 tantrums, act up three times, or can't calm down within three minutes of throwing a fit they will go back to the hotel and
be put to bed. I once heard a mother telling her child who was throwing a fit on Main Street, "just because we are in Disney World does not give you a license to act like a fool". I use this sentence a least once a trip.

Had the bathroom time out lady put her kid in timeout in a regular stall I wouldn't care. She chose to use a bathroom facility that is very limited. She was lucky it was just me, and not a young handicapped child. Just like able bodied children (s)he may not express or know they need to use a bathroom until they have to go NOW! Coming from experience the companion restroom gives so much more privacy to children with disabilities. As a kid with disabilities it was humiliating enough to have to have someone help you. Being carried into a stall (because my chair wouldn't fit) was horrific. Also it's embarrassing to have an accident as a physically disabled child. We are often treated like we don't exist, are mental retarded (before anyone jumps on this word according to Webster dictionary it means to fall behind the average), or/and something that is to be pietied. Wetting one's pants (even if a "AB" child the same age would do the same) still draws attention and confirms , in our subconscious, that maybe you are what everyone else sees. Ok roll off the ramp connected to the soapbox.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 pm

wow, I am a diabetic. if I can't get somewhere for my insulin in a quick time during a high blood sugar attack I just pass out, fall down and die...

Corey

chartle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by chartle » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:04 am

They only thing I can kind of say in somewhat "defense" and I use that word very lightly, of the SG is that we had a book that said for over a certain age you put your kid in the bathroom for timeout.

But still you need to have some common sense. :confused:

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 am

drcorey wrote:wow, I am a diabetic. if I can't get somewhere for my insulin in a quick time during a high blood sugar attack I just pass out, fall down and die...
So has something changed in the instructions that states that all insulin must be administered in a companion bathroom? Did I miss something or does that example not really apply to this topic? :confused:

:goofy: :goofy: