EMH SG Questions

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: EMH SG Questions

Post by bookbabe » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:15 pm

ifoundnemo wrote:I'll pass the message on to Robbie when I see him next! Feel free to request me- Skipper Cassie next time you appear by the Amazon dispatch!
Thanks...hopefully he'll remember the trip...it was very unique. :D: We'll certainly never forget it.

And thanks to everyone for the warm welcome, the cyber-beer and my very own monorail. It's appreciated.

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Welcome, bookbabe!!! And thanks for sharing your stories. I agree...watch the weather reports and if you spill something (which I always do....I'm a klutz), you don't get a replacement for free.

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Only once have I spilled something and gotten a replacement. I got soy ice cream in a cone and as I left the ice cream place on Main Street it fell off the cone. A CM saw what happened and insisted on replacing it but suggested that it be put in a cup because soy ice cream frequently falls off the cone. Very nice of her. Now I ask for a cup and not a cone and avoid that embarassment.
Cassie I hope I get you as skipper when I ride Jungle Cruise next month. Will be there March 11 - 15

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

jgirl120
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jgirl120 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 pm

Ummm....All you have to do if you spill something is go back and ask for a new one.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 am

Welcome to the family! Where we share the stories and give back positive feed back. ;)

CptnSkippy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Department: F&B

Post by CptnSkippy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:11 am

DragonFox98 wrote:Welcome, bookbabe!!! And thanks for sharing your stories. I agree...watch the weather reports and if you spill something (which I always do....I'm a klutz), you don't get a replacement for free.
I'm a klutz, too and before I started working with the mouse, I wouldn't have asked for a replacement if I or my kiddos were at fault.

However, after starting here I have a different view. I've replaced sodas that people dumped on themselves (Blizzard Beach - no straws or lids and a gent was carrying the tray back to the table where he proceeded to dump his large coke zero all over himself. He was mad, his kids were laughing, but he seemed almost astonished that I had seen the event and brought him over a new soda.) Also was able to do this one with a straight face, which surprised even me.

As a guest with my family, we were sitting waiting for the MSEP and I encouraged a mother of the family next to me to replace her older daughter's popcorn, that was accidentally knocked over by their baby. She thought I was out of my mind and there was no way Disney would do that. She and her daughter were appreciative when they got their new popcorn.

Just two of the examples I saw, but a little piece of the magic lived on for something as simple and inexpensive as replacing something that could be argued was their fault.

Now... for those that lie, cheat and steal to get free stuff: :buttkick:

Parties of 33 should consider dividing their parties into two groups of 16 and a half each.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:30 pm

CptnSkippy wrote:Just two of the examples I saw, but a little piece of the magic lived on for something as simple and inexpensive as replacing something that could be argued was their fault.
I also love that this is one of the few things that as a plain old Guest, I can still help make magic for other guests. When hanging out on mainstreet killing time one evening with other off-duty cast members, I've replaced other Guests' spilled stuff for them by flagging down the appropriate CM who then could magically replace it without even having to have noticed.
The one unfortunate thing on main street is that the balloon vendors are not really ever willing to replace the occasional balloon.
I now tell my friends who think Disney is really expensive that basically every single dollar they spend is completely insured against everything.

Kurt

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:42 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:The one unfortunate thing on main street is that the balloon vendors are not really ever willing to replace the occasional balloon.
I never have a problem with DL vendors on Main Street replacing items. As long as I can take them a balloon weight, empty popcorn box or whatever, I have had luck replacing for guests. Even if I don't have proof of... I've never had an issue. Luck I guess. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Main Streeter wrote:I never have a problem with DL vendors on Main Street replacing items. As long as I can take them a balloon weight, empty popcorn box or whatever, I have had luck replacing for guests. Even if I don't have proof of... I've never had an issue. Luck I guess. :)
Are the DL balloon vendors OPs like they are down here?

Kurt

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 pm

kurtisnelson wrote:Are the DL balloon vendors OPs like they are down here?
If I'm not mistaken the same company does the balloons for both DLR and WDW. I'm pretty certain they've been with Disney since the very beginning.

I've never had any trouble replacing a damaged balloon for a guest. Just give the vendor the dead balloon and they'll give you a new one. If you are replacing a balloon that flew away you do have to have a No-Strings as the vendor does have to account for every balloon.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward