EMH SG Questions

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

EMH SG Questions

Post by bookbabe » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:47 am

Hi folks...I'm a refugee from Board X, and thought I'd finally stop lurking and post something. (Board X has a few good threads now and again, but the vast quantity of annoying SG threads make it not worth the effort as a usual hangout spot.)

My DH and I took a quick trip down to WDW a couple of weeks ago, and had a great time. The weather was spectacularly cold, and that prompted us to ponder a couple of questions about SGs, particularly about their behaviour at late night EMH.

Okay...it's cold. Did they not read the weather forecast at all before they came to Orlando? I mean, you can get a pretty good ten-day forecast online now...why not check it out and then pack a jacket so you don't have to wander around with a towel draped around you like a superman cape? Or worse, wearing a disney "snuggly" belted like a bathrobe? There was some really crazy fashion sense in the SG world that weekend... :eek:

Worse was the couple we overheard complaining that Disney should do something about the cold weather...morons.

And what is it that causes SGs to lug around cranky/exhausted/sleeping kids during late night EMH? I mean, it's off-season...the park isn't that crowded during the day, there's no lines to speak of...take your poor kids back to the hotel so they can sleep. Your 2 yr old goes to bed right after dinner at home, so how can you not understand why they're screaming their heads off at 10pm?

Best SG trick I saw was at the 9pm parade at MK. Mom with three little girls had bought a couple of popcorns to share between them. Middle girl dumped the second half of hers, right after the street sweepers had been by, so she could play in the popcorn at the curb. Mom was annoyed at the waste, so went over to the popcorn stand and got what appeared to be a free refill (too far away to hear, but that was the impression I got). CM came by to ensure they had been given a new popcorn and to clean up the mess...very nice of him. Immediately after he left, they shared out the new popcorn and then the girl dumped hers again. Repeat process with different CM. And a third. Personally, if an SG purposely spills something, they shouldn't get a replacement...and certainly not three. You guys are way too nice.

Also wanted to thank Skipper Robby for the best-ever JC spiel. It was late on the Saturday night, in the last hour of the evening. There were only five passengers on the boat (me & DH on one side, another couple and their adult son on the other) and it was a fabulous cruise. :D: I've ridden JC far too many times to count, but that spiel will stick in my mind forever. Thanks! You're the best.

Sorry for the length, considering it's my first post and all. I promise not to be an SG...I'm a high school teacher, so I can usually spot stupid when I see it. ;)

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: EMH SG Questions

Post by darph nader » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 am

SGs do not have to watch the weather reports,because the weather will always be perfect 'just for them'. Hell,we always take a jacket in summer time.
Welcome btw from BDoSGT. Have a beverage. :pepsi: :coke: :beer:
(you'll be visited by 2 more ghosts from the welcoming commity) ;)

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:56 am

darph nader wrote:SGs do not have to watch the weather reports,because the weather will always be perfect 'just for them'.
Isn't that the truth? "Everybody knows that it is always sunny in California/Florida!"

Hate to break it to these folks, but if that was true, then both states would be pretty much deserts! Heck, even Death Valley gets some rain from time to time! They also seem to forget that Florida, from time to time, gets visit from hurricanes.

Folks seem to forget it is easier to not wear extra clothes if they have them than to wear unexpectedly needed clothes if they don't have them.

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi Bookbabe, and :welcome: to SGT. I'm not one of the ghosts from the welcoming committee, but it's nice to greet refugees from the other boards.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Welcome to our happy family!

Teresa Kay
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Teresa Kay » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Welcome!
I agree with your observation about the weather. We were at EPCOT once, and saw a family with 2 little girls in sundresses. Mom and dad had on slacks and jackets, but the kids only had on little cotton dresses with almost nothing to them (kids were about 2 and 3). And mom was complaining about how cold it was. Idiot!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:45 pm

darph nader wrote: (you'll be visited by 2 more ghosts from the welcoming commity) ;)
Ohhhhh, darph is still in Christmas & Dickens mode. :rolleyes: He's a nice guy though. Grows on you Book. ;) Welcome. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 pm

Hey bookbabe! Great first post!! Here's your Official Marsupial Welcome™:

:sgthello:
:D: :D: :D:

There should be a dragon by shortly to continue the welcome. Wear asbestos clothing.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:53 pm

Greetings bookbabe, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try to hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

ifoundnemo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by ifoundnemo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 pm

I'll pass the message on to Robbie when I see him next! Feel free to request me- Skipper Cassie next time you appear by the Amazon dispatch!