Custodial hijinks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:05 am

My mom told me when I was young, "If you don't do it at home, then don't do it anywhere else."

So, if you don't let your kid squirt soap, throw water around, make a mess on the tirl, throw paper towels on the floor at home, why would you let him/her do it anywhere else? Oh, because someone else will clean it up. THAT is just assinine and a real bad example to show kids.

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:01 pm

leftcoaster wrote:My mom told me when I was young, "If you don't do it at home, then don't do it anywhere else."

So, if you don't let your kid squirt soap, throw water around, make a mess on the tirl, throw paper towels on the floor at home, why would you let him/her do it anywhere else? Oh, because someone else will clean it up. THAT is just assinine and a real bad example to show kids.
Heh.

That's what I sometimes do. "Eh, someone will clean it up". Well, if the shoe fits, I'll wear it.

HickfromND
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Custodial hijinks

Post by HickfromND » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:05 am

You ever decide you do not feel like doing a particular job and decide to make a child an honorary custodian for a bit and then proceed to have the kid do the job you do not want to do?

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:33 am

Haha, replying to this post MONTHS later!! :p Shows how often I come to this side of the site. ;)
Grumpy wrote:If it's just the woman and her small child in a stroller, what should she do? Park the baby and the stroller outside? Hell, when I go to the resort w/ my son (and it's just the 2 of us), you won't see me NOT taking the stroller into the stall with me. However, I can see your point when it's NOT just the woman and a baby.
You don't need your stroller in the stall, might not even need it in the R/R iteself, you can leave it outside. We have baby changing tables! You could change your kid there. My main point is that, someone might be in need of it right away, and many women take their time, and take a LONG time. Example I've come across: an old lady and her daughter needed to use the R/R cuz the mother had to helped on the toilt,disrobing her pants and so forth. There was a lady with her child in the large stall and the older woman pooped all over herself. So a lady could be with her child while she went to the R/R it ruined a whole family's day. That's what I'm getting at.

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

mamapajama
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by mamapajama » Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:27 pm

That's pretty much the idea. I used to work in a kid's clothing store & obviously there are always lots of kids around. Many times an kid would knock a pile of shirts or something on the floor & go to pick them up & the Mom would say "Oh the girl will get it" Nice then they wonder why the kid won't clean up his own room!

MPJ

Ianto Jones
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ianto Jones » Tue May 20, 2014 1:01 pm

:wheelchair: :wheelchair:
DLSweeper wrote:
I've seen happy hearts go on themselves in the R/R cuz they had a wheelchair and couldn't fit it in a lil stall. Jesus crist, please people, have a heart and use the correct stalls. They're for wheel chairs or people who need assistance! OK? :evil:
DLSweeper wrote:Haha, replying to this post MONTHS later!! :p Shows how often I come to this side of the site. ;)
Grumpy wrote:If it's just the woman and her small child in a stroller, what should she do? Park the baby and the stroller outside? Hell, when I go to the resort w/ my son (and it's just the 2 of us), you won't see me NOT taking the stroller into the stall with me. However, I can see your point when it's NOT just the woman and a baby.
You don't need your stroller in the stall, might not even need it in the R/R iteself, you can leave it outside. We have baby changing tables! You could change your kid there. My main point is that, someone might be in need of it right away, and many women take their time, and take a LONG time. Example I've come across: an old lady and her daughter needed to use the R/R cuz the mother had to helped on the toilt,disrobing her pants and so forth. There was a lady with her child in the large stall and the older woman pooped all over herself. So a lady could be with her child while she went to the R/R it ruined a whole family's day. That's what I'm getting at.
Hi, I felt a need to chime in on this one.

My wife and I are both disabled, and have problems.
If one of us is so tired/ill as to need help, we use the companion bathrooms, but if not we still need the disabled ones - I'm in a chair and she falls without a walker. And I have a service dog, too, so I couldn't just leave the chair outside even if I could walk).

There have been a LOT of times that I have waited for that stall, about six times as long as I'd have waited for a regular stall, because either someone non-handicapped used it alone, or someone with several kids was in there.
Have also had the opposite kind experience, where someone took their kid with them to the smaller one so I could use the big stall, and it worked - kid just waited at the door).

I can see both sides of the issue with - if someone is alone with a tiny baby, I get that, but maybe the "healthy" 6-yo doesn't need to go in the stroller?

Likewise, I can see both sides of the "healthy person in h/c stall" -- if you need to go, and that is the only one open -- but I've seen many times when that was the only stall IN USE, by someone without a mobility disability, too often for ALL of them to have had invisible disabilities , and at least twice it was a CM, too.

My guess there is that it is simply more comfortable/private, but in either scenario,
When someone has to wait for one of (3,4,5) the several regular stalls, they wouldn't have to wait as long because *someone* would be out soon! but for whatever reason, people seem to take longer in the h/c stall.

I know because I'd get my turn a lot sooner if I could use a regular one.

TMI warning:
It has gotten so bad, that I've had to start wearing pull-ups to the park (I'm tiny, and they go up to 120#), just to be safe...
And I don't mean that I leave it to the last minute, I mean I had plenty of time, but someone decided to read the figurative newspaper in the h/c stall...

I wish I could make people think about what that feels like to a grown-up, when they use the h/c stall and don't need it.

Sorry, this has been a real issue for us, so I needed to vent.
(Funny that my last to posts have been tangentially related to the loo... ::laughing:: )

:wheelchair: :tardis:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm

You would think people in places of worship would be better behaved, but they aren't! I am my church's custodian, and let me tell you, there are things I am shocked to encounter.
--Women who try to push things into the feminine hygiene bins, when the lids lift up.
--People who leave communion cups in the pockets in the back of seats, under seats, etc.. Though lately our ushers have begun to collect them afterward. Let me tell you, few things are worse than coming upon a week-old communion cup, except when the café crew don't empty the coffee and creamer dispensers-- I call that "Gross Out Your Janitor Day." Though that too has been improving.
-- For a time, someone was leaving a folding toothbrush and small tube of toothpaste in the paper towel dispenser in the outside ladies' room. Why does someone need to brush their teeth in there, and not at home? We have new dispensers now, BTW.
--A homeless woman with gender identity issues put graffiti related to an inappropriate website on the wall in the men's room, and we covered it with stickers. People began peeling the stickers off, and I finally had to cover the misspelled site addy with black marker. One of these days it's going to get painted over. She hasn't been back for some time, leaving her stuff, which we're storing.
--And of course there are times when girls make more of a mess than the boys do in the restrooms.