Custodial hijinks

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
thedingo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Custodial hijinks

Post by thedingo » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:58 pm

Custodial here at Magic Kingdom (WDW) brings some rather...interesting ocurances (even some I've not seen here before)..
My favorite:
A somewhat scruffy looking guest approaches somewhat hesitantly, and, in a lowerd voice, asks this Custodian
"Dude, where can I score some drugs 'round here?"
While trying not to laugh (and thinking of a way not to say 'thats illegal, get the heck out', I happened upon a rather amusing solution:
I sent him to City Hall :twisted:

Another favorite was related to me by a female Custodian, who had been working in City Hall restrooms...These are notioriously hard to clean thouroughly, due to the sheer size (somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 stalls, I think)...anywho, while thi said Custodian was cleaning a stall, an African-American woman decidd that she wanted to use that stall when it was clean. As soon as the female Custodian returned her cleaning supplie to the small cart they keep them on while cleaning, said African-American lady says,somewhat loudly, "NOw, I want you to use the same thing you use to clean the white peoples' toilets.
Taken somewhat aback by this statement, the female Custodian responds witha few prfound blinks and a somewhat incredulous "excuse me?"
Undaunted, said African American women (i'll just use AA for short...too long to type over and over again) repeats the same request, adding 'I heard you guys cleaned the toilets differently for black people..I want the same stuff the white people get.' Rather than try to argue the issue wit hthe guest, the Custodian grabbed a bottle of Asepticare (which is mostly just rubbing alcohol, used for baby change tables to avoid nasty skin reactions) and cleans off the toilet seat with it. "I knew it! I knew you guys treated blacks differently!"shouted the woman triumphantly. Her patience finally at an end, the Custodian turned and replied (almost as loudly) "No, ma'am, we DON'T. THIS stuff is used to clean up that diaper-change table over there, and I figured, if its good enough for their @ss, its good enough for yours." She then left the restroom, having atracted the attention of just about everyone in it to said AA woman. When she recalled the incident to me later that day, I gave her a rather mean idea (and she liked it :D). Next time it happens, she is going to wipe down the toilet seat with Bully (or Lemon-eze_ or whatever they use now. [For those of you unfamiliar with the chemicals, Bully can be VERY irritating to the skin]

Oh ... and there there was the guest who while standing about halfway up Main Street, stopped me and asked me where Cinderella's Castle was ... god lonly knows how I managed to point out the VERY LARGE CASTLE at the end of the street without laughing....

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Custodial hijinks

Post by SRT_GB » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:43 pm

thedingo wrote:Oh....and there there was the guest who while standing about halfway up Main Street, stopped me and asked me where Cinderella's Castle was...god lonly knows how I managed to point out the VERY LARGE CASTLE at the end of the street without laughing...
I actually got a similar question a few years back, but I dunno, we might be getting it a lot more out here at DL right now since Sleeping Beauty's castle is covered in scaffolding. :lol:

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

RiaLucia
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by RiaLucia » Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:20 am

Oh man, I almost wish I had a custodial story as ridiculous as the one the female custodian related to you! I just used to get really ticked when I'd see mothers and their children exit the stalls and the children head straight for the sinks to start washing their hands, and the mothers would say "No, these places are filthy. Don't touch anything." I would just stand there as the mother dragged the child on out right past me, fully costumed, sometimes still holding my bottle of spray, with completely taken aback look on my face. What the heck am I getting paid for?!

As for "hijinks", the closest thing I ever came to that was when I'd be doing a trash run. I worked at Epcot, so we didn't have the nice painted carts MK custodians had. Just a big, grey Rubbermaid cart thingy, and once in awhile I'd get some kids come up to me and ask if I was selling anything. "Sure!" I'd say, and lift up the lid to reveal the pungent contents. Most of the time they just got this horrified look on their faces and walked away.

Was it something I said? :lol:

Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - Fall 2002
Epcot Future World West Custodial Hostess
WDWCP Campus Rep - Valparaiso University

thedingo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thedingo » Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:08 am

Oh I've had questions like those, too....people constantly stop me and ask me if I have any ice-cream, while pointing at the 8-liner. I usually pull out a liner, look in it, and said 'I just might, sir/ma'am, but I'm not sure that you'd want it'

DLSweeper
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DLSweeper » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:06 am

thedingo wrote:Oh I've had questions like those, too ... people constantly stop me and ask me if I have any ice-cream, while pointing at the 8-liner. I usually pull out a liner, look in it, and said 'I just might, sir/ma'am, but I'm not sure that you'd want it'
OMG! I've only had that happen to me once! I had the 8-liner and I was on Main St. and some lil kid come running up to me asking me about ice cream. 'twas too funny!

O my f-ing goodness! I freakin' HATE it when women go into the handicap stall with their kids and their stroller! I mean, come on! You trusted the guy to stick himself in you, then why can't you trust him with a kid or two? How freakin' hard is it to go to the bathroom by yourself! I mean, really!!! I've seen happy hearts go on themselves in the R/R cuz they had a wheelchair and couldn't fit it in a lil stall. Jesus crist, please people, have a heart and use the correct stalls. They're for wheel chairs or people who need assistance! OK? :evil:

"I have a stupid question for you."

"Can I have a map?"

"Where is the restroom?"

"Do you work here?"

BohoRoohaha
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by BohoRoohaha » Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:22 am

yup parents with kids and strolllers in handicapped stalls seems to be very popular. It was either at the Golden Dreams RR or Burger Invastions RR, i was taking the cart out to do a full round and as i open the door there's this double stroller parked in the middle of the isle outside of the handicapped stall. there was no way i was going anywhere with that thing there. i ended up just moving it aside but it was still hard for me to move around with that thing in the way.

You know, sometimes you just get that urge to jump into the trash compactor.

Grumpy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Grumpy » Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:00 pm

DLSweeper wrote:O my f-ing goodness! I freakin' HATE it when women go into the handicap stall with their kids and their stroller! I mean, come on! You trusted the guy to stick himself in you, then why can't you trust him with a kid or two? How freakin' hard is it to go to the bathroom by yourself! I mean, really!!! I've seen happy hearts go on themselves in the R/R cuz they had a wheelchair and couldn't fit it in a lil stall. Jesus crist, please people, have a heart and use the correct stalls. They're for wheel chairs or people who need assistance! OK? :evil:
If it's just the woman and her small child in a stroller, what should she do? Park the baby and the stroller outside? Hell, when I go to the resort w/ my son (and it's just the 2 of us), you won't see me NOT taking the stroller into the stall with me. However, I can see your point when it's NOT just the woman and a baby.

I am not saying Stupidity should be illegal or anything!! But lets just remove the warning labels from hazardous items and let the problem solve itself.Author Unknown

morphious628
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Condiment commotion

Post by morphious628 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:28 pm

I am not at cast member but was at WDW in Aril ’04. I was generally horrified by other park guest during most of my trip. Going along with the custodial theme, this became most apparent at meal time. If you choose to get a hamburger in the Magic Kingdom, the condiments (ketchup, mayo, and, mustard) are dispended through a spout which are activated from labeled buttons. All day long, park guest push these buttons. Any moron can predict what is going to come out of them. All you have to do is read each button before you push it and have you little paper cup waiting for when it spurts out. This is apparently too much to ask of Disney guest- so after thirty minutes of bonehead intervention, the counter will be smeared with globs of mayo- ketchup is running everywhere -and there are little islands of gummy mustard all over the place. This is not very appetizing for someone right before lunch. I don’t know what these people are thinking. I mean, when you see a spicket that has a knob or button attached to it and you push it- wouldn’t you expect something to come out? Not only were sauces spilled everywhere but there were also hundreds of abandoned paper cups full of condiments lying around. I guess when park guest push the button which is labeled “M” and mayo comes out (as it should) they can’t help but wonder, “How do I get ketchup out of this thing?” Instead of pushing the “K” button, they figure this is a trial by error scenario so they start randomly punching buttons and condiments go flying. What a bunch of buffoons. I know CMs do whatever they can to keep the joint clean but how can you compete with that lunacy? I feel for you all!!!! Maybe next time I am there, I’ll get my six year old cousin to decipher the condiment apparatus for the missing links who eat there.

abc
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by abc » Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:24 pm

Yeah sometimes I am thinking, especially in restrooms, how in the world can these guests be so messy :shock: ? I mean literally there are some times I am continualy cleaning and its still getting trashed. Often the very first guest who uses the stall messes it up! You can leave a perfectly clean restroom (particularly the one near screamin'), clean the resturant restroom, return 20 minutes later and it looks like a bomb exploded. Crazy. how f---ing disrepectful to the others who have to use it who wont mess it up! Maybe they should divert some of eisner's stock bonuses into actually fighting to keep the restrooms clean. I can't think of any other restrooms that dirty so fast anywhere in the world besides a nightclub. now we're having to deal with complaints from cast members because some dumb manager in tda decided to let US metro "clean" cm restrooms. Let me tell you all the entertainment restrooms are out of toilet paper. God i can't wait till my transfer happens, but that ruins my chances of ever catching someone spraypaint the restroom and getting security to kick their ass.

TheManator
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TheManator » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:00 pm

Yeah, one thing I hate at the bathrooms when I visited, young children, and even though they are young, should know better, when washing their hands squirt a whole bunch of soap right next to the sink. They keep pushing and pushing and pushing. So what if they are children? Don't you think this type of behavior is taught by their parents? Or are their parents too lazy to keep an eye on their kids and tell them what they are doing is wrong?

It's even sadder when I see adults do the same thing. I guess they never learned when they were just children.