Your FP says 9:40...it's 6:15..

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
disneydreamer21
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Your FP says 9:40...it's 6:15..

Post by disneydreamer21 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:22 am

I work at Buzz and I have so many SGs come up (mainly they are all foreign) (no offense to anyone) and try to get through the FP lane when their FP is for two hours later....grr..

Me: Fastpass?
SG: *shows FP for 9:40*
Me: Sir, your FP is for 9:40, it's only 6:15, come back in three hours..
SG: *smiles and tries to walk through FP lane*
Me: Sir, come back in three hours.
SG: oh, three hour?
Me: *nods* yes..

Or I've had people come up to me trying to pull the it's our last day and this is the last ride, I know our FP says (whatever time) but can you let us in now?..

I also love the "I lost my FP, can I still go on?" No!

There are way tooo many SGs at Buzz to count the numerous stupid stories we get each day...sigh

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Your FP says 9:40...it's 6:15..

Post by joanna71985 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:37 am

I know the feeling. I had the same thing happen to me all the time when I was at TSMM.

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

the Cookieing Twiget
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by the Cookieing Twiget » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:54 am

Now I realize why the CM at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster thanked us for waiting on the side for a few minutes until our FP time without being asked to. I thought it was odd at the time . . . but I guess they do get a lot of people just trying to shove their way in the line without waiting for their time. I think it's because most guests don't understand how FP works. You're waiting in line, you're spot's just saved while you go do fun stuff. Trying to go through the FP line before your time is essentially cutting in line.

I can't wait till I work at WDW . . . I'll just have to raise my SG quota. Mine currently is about two per day. Anymore than that and I lose it. >.>

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:54 pm

the Cookieing Twiget wrote:Now I realize why the CM at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster thanked us for waiting on the side for a few minutes until our FP time without being asked to. I thought it was odd at the time . . . but I guess they do get a lot of people just trying to shove their way in the line without waiting for their time. I think it's because most guests don't understand how FP works. You're waiting in line, you're spot's just saved while you go do fun stuff. Trying to go through the FP line before your time is essentially cutting in line.
This won't be popular but, in my opinion, FP itself is essentially cutting in line. But that's another thread. I hate FP!!

:goofy: :goofy:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:This won't be popular but, in my opinion, FP itself is essentially cutting in line. But that's another thread. I hate FP!!
No, its not.

its a way for people to enjoy the other parts of the park while waiting to go on an attraction.

we usually find an attraction that we want to go on with a long wait time. get the FP's and then go get something to eat/drink or DW likes to shop.

makes for a pleasent day at the parks.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

siskaren
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by siskaren » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Seriously. I can't imagine going back to the days of waits of 1-2 hours (or longer) for the most popular attractions.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:07 pm

When I've gone in as a guest lately, all the FPs for the good ride are gone by like 3PM! :eek: Then I remember its summer. :o:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:This won't be popular but, in my opinion, FP itself is essentially cutting in line. But that's another thread. I hate FP!!
GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:No, its not.

its a way for people to enjoy the other parts of the park while waiting to go on an attraction.

we usually find an attraction that we want to go on with a long wait time. get the FP's and then go get something to eat/drink or DW likes to shop.

makes for a pleasent day at the parks.
And then when they come back they "cut" in front of whomever has been waiting patiently in line for the last 45 minutes...because they have been out of FP's since noon. Call it what you like (and I know everyone will) it is legalized line cutting, plain and simple.

:goofy: :goofy:

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:And then when they come back they "cut" in front of whomever has been waiting patiently in line for the last 45 minutes...because they have been out of FP's since noon. Call it what you like (and I know everyone will) it is legalized line cutting, plain and simple.
I would agree with that for Universal Express. But Fastpass is different. There, the fast pass distribution is factored into estimating the wait time, and a specific ratio of FP-Standby is issued. When you get a FP, you are stuck in a virtual queue, you are having to wait for your slot to come up still, it's not like you skip ahead of people in standby, most of the time the people in standby will get on the ride before you if you grab a FP at the same time.

Kurt

Ice Bear
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ice Bear » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:04 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:And then when they come back they "cut" in front of whomever has been waiting patiently in line for the last 45 minutes...because they have been out of FP's since noon. Call it what you like (and I know everyone will) it is legalized line cutting, plain and simple.
You should never visit Disney Paris. :D: If you stay in a suite you get the VIP passes and you can use them ass long as you stay without any restriction.
We love them Image

Other guests can buy them also so no discrimination. They cost 80 Euro per day per person.