Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:32 am

Does the Great American Adventure Ride have fastpass?

Now I thought she might have been talking about the American Adventure over at EPCOT (This was asked at MGM, Coaster).

I thought for a moment seriously thinking she might be thinking about that or GMR.

You sure thats the name?
Yes, it's here at MGM.
It's not the American attraction at EPCOT?
No, ITS THE ONE HERE
Ma'ma, we dont have a ride here at the Studios by that name
YES YOU DO IT'S BEHIND THE HAT.
So I proceeded to pull out a map sitting on top of the Fastpass machine and said "Ok, then please show me where it is on the map"

She searched for it and said thats it! (pointing to GMR).
Ok, so your Great American Adventure Ride is the Great Movie Ride, no they dont have fastpass.

What pissed me off was that she was like five inches from my face and started yelling at me and calling me a liar....it happens all the time I know....but that is one thing you DONT do to me before 10 am...otherwise, your on the ride to hell and Ill kill you....Im not a morning nor a ****ing people person before 10 am.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:38 am

florida guests must be stupider than CA, i've only had one guy argue with me over the name of a location, "Le Batton Rouge" (i don't spell or speak in french so bear with me) but he insisted the it was "le rouge en bat" and i almost got into with him about how it was very quite possibly my favorite store in the park, and how french (i'm pretty sure) scentence structure is similar to spanish, in then to say the red bat, you state the subject then the adjective to describe it, so it would read, in direct translation, the bat red, meaning the bat that is red, or simplyfied the red bat. but no, i showed him the exit to my train and gave him directions to le batten rouge (i know i'm inconsistant with my spellage, don't worry about it.) I'm pretty sure he was trying to piss me off the way his wife was prompting him to shut up, but still, he earned his sign.

Gimme some soft serve!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:50 am

Whoa. In the words of Capt. Barbossa:

There be a lot of long words in there, miss. (Disreguard last part if you are in fact, a male)

Its that or its just really early in the morning, I've got the day off and I haven't had food yet.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:58 am

GMC wrote:florida guests must be stupider than CA,
No GMC, don't think the above could be true :!: The more stupid a guest is, the more likely he/she/it is to be roaming DLR in CA. God just sends all the STUPID GUESTS to Anaheim FIRST. Think we at DLR are a testing ground. :wink:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:00 am

GMC wrote:florida guests must be stupider than CA, i've only had one guy argue with me over the name of a location, "Le Batton Rouge" (i don't spell or speak in french so bear with me) but he insisted the it was "le rouge en bat" and i almost got into with him about how it was very quite possibly my favorite store in the park, and how french (i'm pretty sure) scentence structure is similar to spanish, in then to say the red bat, you state the subject then the adjective to describe it, so it would read, in direct translation, the bat red, meaning the bat that is red, or simplyfied the red bat. but no, i showed him the exit to my train and gave him directions to le batten rouge (i know i'm inconsistant with my spellage, don't worry about it.) I'm pretty sure he was trying to piss me off the way his wife was prompting him to shut up, but still, he earned his sign.
Baton Rouge is the Capital of Louisiana. So Le Bat en Rouge is not only about a red bat but a play on words as well. Since here at Disney people like to do that. Yeah everyone at Mansion holiday needs a sign too. Where's the fastpass?
Where's the stand-by line? (line isn't out the gate)
Will this scare my child? I don't know your child how would I know

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:00 am

Stduck wrote:
GMC wrote:florida guests must be stupider than CA, i've only had one guy argue with me over the name of a location, "Le Batton Rouge" (i don't spell or speak in french so bear with me) but he insisted the it was "le rouge en bat" and i almost got into with him about how it was very quite possibly my favorite store in the park, and how french (i'm pretty sure) scentence structure is similar to spanish, in then to say the red bat, you state the subject then the adjective to describe it, so it would read, in direct translation, the bat red, meaning the bat that is red, or simplyfied the red bat. but no, i showed him the exit to my train and gave him directions to le batten rouge (i know i'm inconsistant with my spellage, don't worry about it.) I'm pretty sure he was trying to piss me off the way his wife was prompting him to shut up, but still, he earned his sign.
Baton Rouge is the Capital of Louisiana. So Le Bat en Rouge is not only about a red bat but a play on words as well. Since here at Disney people like to do that. Yeah everyone at Mansion holiday needs a sign too. Where's the fastpass?
Where's the stand-by line? (line isn't out the gate)
Will this scare my child? I don't know your child how would I know
well he guy was still wrong, and even tho i like that store out of all the others, [cue sarcasam] doesn't mean i know every little detail about it, GOSH, i mean jeez, it's been two years since i actually went and shopped there!, and whats the deal with telemarketers these days, ever since i joined that do not call list, they don't call, who am i supposed to mess with on the phone now? i guess i'll have to continue to call the jungle cruise, insist my name is muffin, and insist to speak with a skipper names Charolette! Yes Skippers, that was me, a member of your own department! i was even on your docks yesterday! ahhchahchahcha cha! now i will conintune to go further and further off suject, and into the human psyche! :throw: :shock: :? :( :cry: DON'T LOOK AT ME OR TALK TO ME!!! runs away crying....

Gimme some soft serve!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:05 pm

GMC wrote:GOSH, i mean jeez, it's been two years since i actually went and shopped there!, and whats the deal with telemarketers these days, ever since i joined that do not call list, they don't call, who am i supposed to mess with on the phone now? i guess i'll have to continue to call the jungle cruise, insist my name is muffin, and insist to speak with a skipper names Charolette! Yes Skippers, that was me, a member of your own department! i was even on your docks yesterday! ahhchahchahcha cha! now i will conintune to go further and further off suject, and into the human psyche! :throw: :shock: :? :( :cry: DON'T LOOK AT ME OR TALK TO ME!!! runs away crying....
Yup, one of us. No doubt about it. Image

Zazu

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:15 pm

Zazu wrote: Yup, one of us. No doubt about it. Image
Hehehe. Yup I did like what Dustin said Mansion California used to do to Mansion Florida till they found out it was us. I think this is a Here's Your Sign for us employees. According to Dustin after we obtained the number to Mansion Florida, Mansion California would call Mansion florida and say something to the effect of "Hi, this is so in so from the info board. Is your attraction running?" "Yes" "Then you better go catch it" click. This suposidily continued for weeks till Florida figured out it was California and sent nasty interdepartment mail with cut out letters that read "We know who you are" Needless to say I wanna call Florida just to say hi, but I am always there after MK is closed.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:59 pm

Ok, today I had another GMR Here's your sign

Going into Casablanca the scene shown is the end of the movie with Humphry Bogard talking to Ingrid Bergman just before she gets on the airplane. A guest says "Oh my favorate, Gone With the Wind." I look at her and said, yeah those civil war aircraft sure helped the union win the war didn't it.

Here's your sign.

Going into The Wizard of Oz, another guest claimed it was How Stella Got Her Groove Back. Now I don't know about you, but munchkinland doesn't quite look like Jamaica.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:31 pm

coldfire409 wrote:Ok, today I had another GMR Here's your sign

Going into Casablanca the scene shown is the end of the movie with Humphry Bogard talking to Ingrid Bergman just before she gets on the airplane. A guest says "Oh my favorate, Gone With the Wind." I look at her and said, yeah those civil war aircraft sure helped the union win the war didn't it.

Here's your sign.

Going into The Wizard of Oz, another guest claimed it was How Stella Got Her Groove Back. Now I don't know about you, but munchkinland doesn't quite look like Jamaica.
OMG, this is GREAT :lol: My Disney laugh for the day Coldfire409. This stuff couldn't be scripted by screenwriters. We need to put all this GUEST STUPIDITY into a best seller :wink: Too funny!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]