Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:47 pm

Main Streeter wrote:OMG, this is GREAT :lol: My Disney laugh for the day Coldfire409. This stuff couldn't be scripted by screenwriters. We need to put all this GUEST STUPIDITY into a best seller :wink: Too funny!
Some of us are working on that, seriously. Well, at least as seriously as one can be while reading this stuff.

Zazu

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by Zazu » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:55 pm

DisneyLover wrote:If I'm ever at Fantasmic, I hope I never see you. You seem to be an extremely miserable human being and you should be ashamed of yourself for the attitude you display. If you are so unable to deal with people in perhaps one of the most customer service oriented positions in the world, you should quit and find something more to your liking.
Welcome to Stupid Guest Tricks, DisneyLover.

Please note that this is a place for Cast Members (and others in similar roles) to blow off steam about stupid guests. It's what we do here. If nothing else, it helps us keep a lid on things when we're on stage.

This is not a place for non-cast to bash CMs for blowing off steam. Note the title of this site -- it's not "Share the Magic," it's not "Pixie Dust Central," it's "Stupid Guest Tricks."

If you have trouble understanding that, "you should quit and find something more to your liking."

Please don't make me ban you.

Zazu, Moderator,
Stupid Guest Tricks

Zazu

Wendy Peffercorn
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wendy Peffercorn » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:18 pm

DisneyLover wrote:
SRT_GB wrote:It is absolutely ludicrous to ask a Disney CM to go into work and "just deal with it." I know that a lot of people there hate the job, but I know that a lot of them love it too. And I seriously doubt that people who love the job love it because of the guests who think it's their right to be stupid. Even the nicest, most genuinely kind CM I worked with shared stories with me of guests he couldn't stand dealing with.
It is not at all ludicrous to expect Disney CM's to treat guests in a respectable manner. If you must vent your frustrations, do so behind the scenes. IndyandMarion seems to make it a point to ridicule and mock the guests at every turn. THAT is what I find uncalled for. As a Disney shareholder, I'm disgusted to read the things he posted and I'm quite sure his bosses would not think highly of his statements, either.
Oh no... they pulled the "Im a shareholder" card.

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:37 am

-Rolls her eyes- Ok Disneylover, I don't know Indy but well He seems like many I work with. Enjoy their job but when things get too hot we need to let off some steam (kind of like the steam trains....). I believe Zazu pointed this out...This is StupidGuestTricks, the point of this site is for us to share our stories and hopefully make our days at DLR, WDW, or DLP a little better. Everyone has a bad day (even Mickey I am sure) and while we hide it on stage we need a place where we can cry, yell, scream and just tell someone else so we feel better.

Just chill Disneylover.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:00 am

DisneyLover wrote:As a Disney shareholder, I'm disgusted to read the things he posted and I'm quite sure his bosses would not think highly of his statements, either.
Gotcha! We ALL understand now! :Flame:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DisneyLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyLover » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:21 am

Zazu wrote:
DisneyLover wrote:If I'm ever at Fantasmic, I hope I never see you. You seem to be an extremely miserable human being and you should be ashamed of yourself for the attitude you display. If you are so unable to deal with people in perhaps one of the most customer service oriented positions in the world, you should quit and find something more to your liking.
Welcome to Stupid Guest Tricks, DisneyLover.

Please note that this is a place for Cast Members (and others in similar roles) to blow off steam about stupid guests. It's what we do here. If nothing else, it helps us keep a lid on things when we're on stage.

This is not a place for non-cast to bash CMs for blowing off steam. Note the title of this site -- it's not "Share the Magic," it's not "Pixie Dust Central," it's "Stupid Guest Tricks."

If you have trouble understanding that, "you should quit and find something more to your liking."

Please don't make me ban you.

Zazu, Moderator,
Stupid Guest Tricks
Oh my God, I'm being threatened with banishment! :(

It seems you have trouble understanding what I've posted. To treat guests the way IndyandMarion claims he does is disgusting. If he's not capable of handling himself in a more decent manner until he can vent his frustrations in private, then he has no business being in his postion. He's either lying in his posts or he is not capable of "keeping a lid on things while he is onstage". And if he can't handle the role of CM, he'd better hope he never gets fired or leaves and has to work a job with real stress. The same can be said of anyone like him. I've been on both sides of the fence, some people are able to handle it, some aren't.

To paraphrase another poster, he should walk a mile in the guests' shoes before he ridicules them. Disney World is sensory overload to the nth degree and even the most intelligent people are apt to get confused every once in a while. To belittle them for asking what may be obviously ridiculous questions is just immature and obnoxious.

If this board is supposed to be for cast members only, then you should make it a private board.

Ban me, if you'd like. Use your moderator powers to solve the problem instead of looking inside and seeing what the real problem may be.

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:40 am

DisneyLover wrote:Oh my God, I'm being threatened with banishment! :(

It seems you have trouble understanding what I've posted. To treat guests the way IndyandMarion claims he does is disgusting. If he's not capable of handling himself in a more decent manner until he can vent his frustrations in private, then he has no business being in his postion. He's either lying in his posts or he is not capable of "keeping a lid on things while he is onstage". And if he can't handle the role of CM, he'd better hope he never gets fired or leaves and has to work a job with real stress. The same can be said of anyone like him. I've been on both sides of the fence, some people are able to handle it, some aren't.

To paraphrase another poster, he should walk a mile in the guests' shoes before he ridicules them. Disney World is sensory overload to the nth degree and even the most intelligent people are apt to get confused every once in a while. To belittle them for asking what may be obviously ridiculous questions is just immature and obnoxious.

If this board is supposed to be for cast members only, then you should make it a private board.

Ban me, if you'd like. Use your moderator powers to solve the problem instead of looking inside and seeing what the real problem may be.
Hey "Disney Lover"

If you don't like this site, then leave and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

If you don't like IndyandMarion or the other CM's here, then why don't you use your shareholder money to buy the rights to Disney, build your own theme park, stock it with CMs that you think are worthy, and make sure that only "Disney Lover's" are allowed into the park.

DisneyLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyLover » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:31 am

You people just don't get it. You are either too ignorant or too arrogant to understand what I am saying. I will no longer waste my time arguing the point.

Enjoy your miserable jobs and I hope someday you are on the receiving end of IndyandMarion's behavior.

Sweetums
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Sweetums » Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:58 am

Enjoy your miserable jobs
It's too early in the morning for irony. :rolleyes:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:21 am

I do enjoy my "miserable" job. I also have walked MANY miles in the guest shoes. (I was a guest for years till I became a CM (heck I was a legoland MC before I was a CM)). I have also been on the recieving end of bad guest service (not from Disney, I learned early to give those in guest service a break), it makes it hard to help a guest sincerely when they are rude from the beginnging. I think Polar pointed this out on another thread. Those who are polite and undemanding I feel more then happy to go out of my way for them, to those who treat me like shit from the get go, I am courteous but I keep the encounter brief.

From what I have read of Indy's posts he just gets to the breaking point with a CERTAIN situation. A lot of the responses he notes were never given just things CMs would love to say. I have my good days and I have my bad days we all do. For the love of God we're human. I see this thread possibly going to be locked now (which sucks btw cause I enjoyed Indy's witty humor and great stories)

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.