Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:19 pm

coldfire409 wrote:Now I don't know about you, but munchkinland doesn't quite look like Jamaica.
Im going to hell for this one but its nothing new. But youve got to figure that Jamaica could look like munchkinland in you were on the reefer.

Speaking of a book. Ive actully got a book of the ones Ive posted sitting somewhere at the WDW Fantasmic break room for ops. Its sorta old since I havent been there in like two months so it needs to be updated. But the Disney Saga is a true blue book at this point.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:21 pm

I would like to see the book, but I cannot for the life of me remember where the Fantasmic breakroom is. For the 4 months I spent at coaster I delivered schedules over there before, but I cannot remember where it's at. Just the next time you go over there put in the one about Casablanca because I think that's the funniest. Well time for me to go shortly I have some guests to shoot tomorrow. I got gangster again. Not too many HYS in gangster, but there are enough every once and a while. The only good thing is that the pistols have had a good cleaning lately and they are louder than ever.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:32 pm

Well basically the book that is/was in the trailer (They rearranged the room and there arent that many people in the crew that know about the book (New hires, snowbirds).

But basically if you want the book, its just the first post I made in the topic and what ever others I have posted.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:21 am

we call the trains at WDW from main street everyonce in a while, and chat. I should call Dinosaur from indy tower sometime, and discuss where their vehicles time out and stuff, see if there's a pattern. (for those of you out of the loop, Dinosaur is an Indy clone, it's indy zone per zone, -100ft of track, they tested the vehicles on our track, and thier tower is where ours, appearently, was supposed to be, i've heard it's lees exciting than ours though... oh how i long to visit the WDW resort!

Gimme some soft serve!

leftcoaster
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by leftcoaster » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:56 am

coldfire409 wrote:Ok, today I had another GMR Here's your sign

Going into Casablanca the scene shown is the end of the movie with Humphry Bogard talking to Ingrid Bergman just before she gets on the airplane. A guest says "Oh my favorate, Gone With the Wind." I look at her and said, yeah those civil war aircraft sure helped the union win the war didn't it.
Bogard? Is that Humphrey Bogart's understudy? :rolleyes:

DisneyLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Here's Your Sign: The Disney Saga

Post by DisneyLover » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:50 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:If your ever at Fantasmic! Look for the one with the Mickey Hands and ask if that person is Indy...cause that's me.
If I'm ever at Fantasmic, I hope I never see you. You seem to be an extremely miserable human being and you should be ashamed of yourself for the attitude you display. If you are so unable to deal with people in perhaps one of the most customer service oriented positions in the world, you should quit and find something more to your liking.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:11 pm

DisneyLover wrote:
IndyandMarion wrote:If your ever at Fantasmic! Look for the one with the Mickey Hands and ask if that person is Indy...cause that's me.
If I'm ever at Fantasmic, I hope I never see you. You seem to be an extremely miserable human being and you should be ashamed of yourself for the attitude you display. If you are so unable to deal with people in perhaps one of the most customer service oriented positions in the world, you should quit and find something more to your liking.
WTH is in the water & air today??? & it's Sunday, too!! Really nasty posters here today. :throw: Wat up with these newbee tudes? God, think I'll return to DLR & asked to be bashed by guests. At least this will be face to face. DisneyLover.... never mind. I'd strongly suggest a name change tho :bang:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:59 pm

DisneyLover wrote:If I'm ever at Fantasmic, I hope I never see you. You seem to be an extremely miserable human being and you should be ashamed of yourself for the attitude you display. If you are so unable to deal with people in perhaps one of the most customer service oriented positions in the world, you should quit and find something more to your liking.
I strongly suggest you don't pass judgment on us unless you've been in our shoes and have done it for a long time. I may not agree with the attitudes of some of the people who post here, or the people I used to work with, but Disney CMs do need a way to vent about their working conditions. Without it, I seriously think that a good chunk of us would turn to physical violence or other means of dealing with anger. In the four years I worked there I can't think of a single person who didn't complain about guests and/or working conditions at least once. It's how we deal with it that keeps us coming in every day. Unless we can joke and vent about the things we deal with, we'd never be able to go on working.

It is absolutely ludicrous to ask a Disney CM to go into work and "just deal with it." I know that a lot of people there hate the job, but I know that a lot of them love it too. And I seriously doubt that people who love the job love it because of the guests who think it's their right to be stupid. Even the nicest, most genuinely kind CM I worked with shared stories with me of guests he couldn't stand dealing with.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

DisneyLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyLover » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:49 pm

Main Streeter wrote:WTH is in the water & air today??? & it's Sunday, too!! Really nasty posters here today. :throw: Wat up with these newbee tudes? God, think I'll return to DLR & asked to be bashed by guests. At least this will be face to face. DisneyLover.... never mind. I'd strongly suggest a name change tho :bang:
And why should I change my name? I love Walt Disney World. I understand completely the need to vent after working with the general public. Mr. IndyandMarion is just way over the top and really should think about a career change.

Oh, and I may be a newbie to this board, doesn't mean I'm a newbie to the world.

DisneyLover
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by DisneyLover » Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:55 pm

SRT_GB wrote:It is absolutely ludicrous to ask a Disney CM to go into work and "just deal with it." I know that a lot of people there hate the job, but I know that a lot of them love it too. And I seriously doubt that people who love the job love it because of the guests who think it's their right to be stupid. Even the nicest, most genuinely kind CM I worked with shared stories with me of guests he couldn't stand dealing with.
It is not at all ludicrous to expect Disney CM's to treat guests in a respectable manner. If you must vent your frustrations, do so behind the scenes. IndyandMarion seems to make it a point to ridicule and mock the guests at every turn. THAT is what I find uncalled for. As a Disney shareholder, I'm disgusted to read the things he posted and I'm quite sure his bosses would not think highly of his statements, either.