FANTASMIC SGs....and my 2 yr old can touch EVERYTHING!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

FANTASMIC SGs....and my 2 yr old can touch EVERYTHING!

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:21 am

We got to do the River Belle Fantasmic Dinner Package recently and lined up at Harbour Galley to wait for our show seating....Our CM was stating that we would be given instruction at approximately 8pm for seating...a very angry woman walks up with her party and immediately starts yelling at the CM that it was already that time and to open up NOW...Hubby and I just shook our heads and started to smile and joke with same CM...turns out the area to wait was closer to us so we got Front and Center for a perfect view :thumbsup:

The next day we were at The Disney Gallery where they had a number of beautiful and expensive figurines on display....I gasped as a 2 year old was allowed by her Father to grab a delicate 70 dollar Elsa figurine as well as the Olaf one....she was uninterrupted by her Father as she played with them....The CM tried to gently tell her to set those down so they could be returned to their spot, so Dad grabbed the new expensive Cinderella Dolls of Cinderella and Lady Tremaine from the top of the display and let Babygirl drag them around by their hair, and then replaced their mangled selves back on top of the display....I muttered something to the CM about not being able to take seeing it and left after saying somewhat louder to the CM that "we look but do not touch". Unbelievable. :oweye:

So why would a CM allow a child to destroy what would have been over 200 bucks of merchandise? Politeness Policy? Her Father was a VIP (I saw no Plaid nearby)? Security would back up the CM as he asked for payment? If they destroy but do not pay, is the cost just absorbed (and results in higher ticket prices)?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: FANTASMIC SGs....and my 2 yr old can touch EVERYTHING!

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:06 am

DisneyMom wrote:So why would a CM allow a child to destroy what would have been over 200 bucks of merchandise? Politeness Policy? Her Father was a VIP (I saw no Plaid nearby)? Security would back up the CM as he asked for payment? If they destroy but do not pay, is the cost just absorbed (and results in higher ticket prices)?
Politeness would be my guess. Security would not be called on this. A non Security issue. A Lead might have been called, yet not much the Lead could do. If the said object was broken by the child it would bo MOSed (Merch out of Stock) - destroyed or charity. Charity irems are often sent to Company D. No matter how MOSed items are marked, they are all gone through by a group of C Ms (never see them) for a recheck status. Seems as a loss to the company, yet not entirely.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: FANTASMIC SGs....and my 2 yr old can touch EVERYTHING!

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:25 am

Thanks for answer! So now I know what happens to those expensive art prints they have at kid level in the shops. Wow, just wow. I know from experience, you never admonish any child or you will get a tongue lashing-I've learned to just whisper,"Don't ,stop,it would be dangerous to do that" like Willy Wonka did, but you who work Merchandise must have nerves of steel! :darph: Or Ativan.