Those Anti-Vaxxers make me Sick! (actually DL related)

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Those Anti-Vaxxers make me Sick! (actually DL related)

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:07 am

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/timelines/all

I found a resource above that had a neat Timeline....

Reading about the MMR vaccine....Most kids should have their 2 shots by gradeschool. Ask your MD if you should have a booster. :ambulance:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:42 pm

Good information DisneyMom.

My youngest is currently going to college in Ashland, Oregon. She told me yesterday they're having a chickenpox epidemic brought on by all the back to the woods hippies that refuse to do anything "The Man" tells them to.

I believe there's a formula that illustrates the problem.

Big Money Orange County, CA residents + Back To The Woodsers = Stupid Either Way

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:03 pm

I can hardly wait until I can move out of the stupid OC. I'd have to take the blood test, because all our old vaccination records were lost during the course of several moves. I can remember getting the oral polio vaccine; we had to go to four visits, and we were given colored tickets as proof, a different color for each visit. Plus I don't know if I'm still immune to measles and mumps because I got them so long ago.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:00 am

Both my children had the chickenpox vaccine and both later had chickenpox. Not a bad case, but still some.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 am

GaTechGal wrote:Both my children had the chickenpox vaccine and both later had chickenpox. Not a bad case, but still some.
Yes. I took care of a kid that I thought might have it, based on remembering how my kids looked in the 90's with it. Pediatrician said, No Way is it Chickenpox, she's been vaccinated.....only to sheepishly come out of the room to say I was right. :Lecture:
Even fully vaccinated is only 99% effective statistically for Measles, and the Shingles vaccination cannot guarantee total immunity,but may reduce severity of any future illness, so I imagine Chickenpox vaccine is the same.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am

hobie16 wrote:Good information DisneyMom.

My youngest is currently going to college in Ashland, Oregon. She told me yesterday they're having a chickenpox epidemic brought on by all the back to the woods hippies that refuse to do anything "The Man" tells them to.

I believe there's a formula that illustrates the problem.

Big Money Orange County, CA residents + Back To The Woodsers = Stupid Either Way
Having Family that lives in Southern Oregon and visiting at least yearly, it seems that there are 2 types that migrate there that I've noticed...1) Extreme Right-Wing Gun Toters, 2) People who are at least slightly illegal in their activities.
Sometimes a mixture of both in their family :oweye:
( Disclaimer:This is not an accurate representation of all of the Fine Citizens of Oregon and does not apply to anybody anyone here knows.Don't get mad.)

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:49 am

DisneyMom wrote:Having Family that lives in Southern Oregon and visiting at least yearly, it seems that there are 2 types that migrate there that I've noticed...1) Extreme Right-Wing Gun Toters, 2) People who are at least slightly illegal in their activities.
( Disclaimer:This is not an accurate representation of all of the Fine Citizens of Oregon and does not apply to anybody anyone here knows.Don't get mad.)
I thought all the Extreme Right-Wing Gun Toters went to Idaho. Shows what I know.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:31 pm

hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:Having Family that lives in Southern Oregon and visiting at least yearly, it seems that there are 2 types that migrate there that I've noticed...1) Extreme Right-Wing Gun Toters, 2) People who are at least slightly illegal in their activities.
I thought all the Extreme Right-Wing Gun Toters went to Idaho. Shows what I know.
Maybe not all, but only applies to my own narrow experiences.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:17 pm

[video][/video]

--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:35 pm

--- Matt King