Don't Do My Work!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Post Reply
User avatar
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 am
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage
Location: California
Contact:

Don't Do My Work!

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:06 pm

:pissed:

A Guest came up to me to tell me that a Code V had occurred on the Tomorrowland Terrace dance floor. I thanked her and went to get the Code V stuff to clean up the mess. I come back with the stuff to not see any vomit at all. It was almost time for the last Jedi show of the day so a Jedi CM helped me look for the vomit.

Cue the same Guest who comes up to us and tells us where the Code V is. Jedi CM and I walk over to not see any vomit at all. We were confused until the Guest up and says:

"Oh, we wiped it up so the kids don't sit on it."

:oweye:

So basically what should've been a small mess (since they said a child vomited) ended up being a bigger one because the Guest basically smeared the vomit all over a huge section of the dance floor and since the dance floor is speckled, I can't see any vomit residue and therefore don't know where to spray the virus-cide. Fan-f**king-tastic!

Lady, if you didn't want kids to sit on the barf, then LEAVE THE FRICKIN' BARF so they can actually SEE it and avoid it! :banghead: Thanks for making my job harder than it had to be!



Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:29 am

TiggerHappy wrote::pissed:

A Guest came up to me to tell me that a Code V had occurred on the Tomorrowland Terrace dance floor. I thanked her and went to get the Code V stuff to clean up the mess. I come back with the stuff to not see any vomit at all. It was almost time for the last Jedi show of the day so a Jedi CM helped me look for the vomit.

Cue the same Guest who comes up to us and tells us where the Code V is. Jedi CM and I walk over to not see any vomit at all. We were confused until the Guest up and says:

"Oh, we wiped it up so the kids don't sit on it."

:oweye:

So basically what should've been a small mess (since they said a child vomited) ended up being a bigger one because the Guest basically smeared the vomit all over a huge section of the dance floor and since the dance floor is speckled, I can't see any vomit residue and therefore don't know where to spray the virus-cide. Fan-f**king-tastic!

Lady, if you didn't want kids to sit on the barf, then LEAVE THE FRICKIN' BARF so they can actually SEE it and avoid it! :banghead: Thanks for making my job harder than it had to be!
Although I can, to an extent understand your frustration, this person had nothing but good intentions. The child got sick, as a parent they cleaned up after them, and all you had to do is perhaps a wider swath with the chemicals but you didn't have to get your nose into the vomit.

It is no damn wonder that people are more inclined lately to just let someone else clean up their problems. What you should be doing is thanking the Lady for following up on her responsibilities. Instead you are upset with her. Perhaps a little lesson in appreciation is called for. It was a tradeoff for you. Having to clean (easily) a wider spot in exchange for not having to deal with the actual vomit. She did the right thing. She cleaned it up and then informed you that it had happened so you could take the remaining steps to sanitize the area. I fail to see the problem.



User avatar
ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4150
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:01 pm
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor
Location: Texas
Contact:

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by ktulu » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:29 pm

Maybe they had wipes on them and cleaned up the area with that as well. I know last time I had to clean up puke from one of my kids, I managed to keep it contained to a very small area, didn't spread it beyond the landing zone, and had wipes to follow up with so the germs would not stick around.


"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

812114

User avatar
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 am
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Although I can, to an extent understand your frustration, this person had nothing but good intentions. The child got sick, as a parent they cleaned up after them, and all you had to do is perhaps a wider swath with the chemicals but you didn't have to get your nose into the vomit.

It is no damn wonder that people are more inclined lately to just let someone else clean up their problems. What you should be doing is thanking the Lady for following up on her responsibilities. Instead you are upset with her. Perhaps a little lesson in appreciation is called for. It was a tradeoff for you. Having to clean (easily) a wider spot in exchange for not having to deal with the actual vomit. She did the right thing. She cleaned it up and then informed you that it had happened so you could take the remaining steps to sanitize the area. I fail to see the problem.
I understand that she (and whom I presume was her husband) were trying to help, but the fact remained that they had completely forgotten where the vomit was. Like I had said, I wasn't sure if I had even sanitized the area properly because they weren't sure where the vomit was anymore since they wiped it up with napkins and piled them all up into a corner. Yes, they didn't even bother to throw the stuff away, the vomit was still there! So I'm pretty sure they didn't use any wipes.

Sure, it may have been easy for me to just guess where the vomit might've been, but that doesn't make me feel better knowing there could be spots that are still infected. So in the end, kids were still probably sitting on vomit and had no idea while they're putting their hands everywhere. I don't mind dealing with the actual vomit; at the very least I could sleep easy knowing I got it ALL sanitized instead of some.



Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:31 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:16 am

TiggerHappy wrote:
Goofyernmost wrote:Although I can, to an extent understand your frustration, this person had nothing but good intentions. The child got sick, as a parent they cleaned up after them, and all you had to do is perhaps a wider swath with the chemicals but you didn't have to get your nose into the vomit.

It is no damn wonder that people are more inclined lately to just let someone else clean up their problems. What you should be doing is thanking the Lady for following up on her responsibilities. Instead you are upset with her. Perhaps a little lesson in appreciation is called for. It was a tradeoff for you. Having to clean (easily) a wider spot in exchange for not having to deal with the actual vomit. She did the right thing. She cleaned it up and then informed you that it had happened so you could take the remaining steps to sanitize the area. I fail to see the problem.
I understand that she (and whom I presume was her husband) were trying to help, but the fact remained that they had completely forgotten where the vomit was. Like I had said, I wasn't sure if I had even sanitized the area properly because they weren't sure where the vomit was anymore since they wiped it up with napkins and piled them all up into a corner. Yes, they didn't even bother to throw the stuff away, the vomit was still there! So I'm pretty sure they didn't use any wipes.

Sure, it may have been easy for me to just guess where the vomit might've been, but that doesn't make me feel better knowing there could be spots that are still infected. So in the end, kids were still probably sitting on vomit and had no idea while they're putting their hands everywhere. I don't mind dealing with the actual vomit; at the very least I could sleep easy knowing I got it ALL sanitized instead of some.
OK, that is a little different than your original post. You made it sound as if they had cleaned it all up an even told you where it was. If your last post is the correct account of what happened then I agree that they didn't help all that much.
TiggerHappy wrote::pissed:

A Guest came up to me to tell me that a Code V had occurred on the Tomorrowland Terrace dance floor. I thanked her and went to get the Code V stuff to clean up the mess. I come back with the stuff to not see any vomit at all. It was almost time for the last Jedi show of the day so a Jedi CM helped me look for the vomit.

Cue the same Guest who comes up to us and tells us where the Code V is. Jedi CM and I walk over to not see any vomit at all. We were confused until the Guest up and says:

"Oh, we wiped it up so the kids don't sit on it."

:oweye:

So basically what should've been a small mess (since they said a child vomited) ended up being a bigger one because the Guest basically smeared the vomit all over a huge section of the dance floor and since the dance floor is speckled, I can't see any vomit residue and therefore don't know where to spray the virus-cide. Fan-f**king-tastic!

Lady, if you didn't want kids to sit on the barf, then LEAVE THE FRICKIN' BARF so they can actually SEE it and avoid it! :banghead: Thanks for making my job harder than it had to be!



delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 pm
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!
Location: The Great White North eh!

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by delsdad » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Now if you were properly equipped to locate the now distributed biohazard....
Image



Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5734
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:19 pm
Location: Vancouver, Washington

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:59 pm

Lights that picked up the traces of protein spills/Signal V would show it everywhere. You probably don't EVER want to do that test.


My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1169
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:30 pm
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!
Location: The Great White North eh!

Re: Don't Do My Work!

Post by delsdad » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:18 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Lights that picked up the traces of protein spills/Signal V would show it everywhere. You probably don't EVER want to do that test.
:hysterical:



Post Reply