Secret Graveyard

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll
Posts: 3230
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Secret Graveyard

Post by drcorey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:39 am

[video][/video]



DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5002
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:14 pm
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 am

We tried to get to see the Secret Graveyard on Hobie's last trip but nobody to accompany us back there. Maybe next time! :rocker:



User avatar
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 10531
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:45 pm
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant
Location: 717 Miles NNW Of DLR

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:48 am

DisneyMom wrote:We tried to get to see the Secret Graveyard on Hobie's last trip but nobody to accompany us back there. Maybe next time! :rocker:
I'm dying to see it. :wink:


Image

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King


Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

User avatar
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5131
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:00 pm
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone
Location: Dallas area
Contact:

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by BRWombat » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:33 pm

hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:We tried to get to see the Secret Graveyard on Hobie's last trip but nobody to accompany us back there. Maybe next time! :rocker:
I'm dying to see it. :wink:
I can dig it.



User avatar
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 10531
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:45 pm
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant
Location: 717 Miles NNW Of DLR

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by hobie16 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:44 pm

BRWombat wrote:
hobie16 wrote:
DisneyMom wrote:We tried to get to see the Secret Graveyard on Hobie's last trip but nobody to accompany us back there. Maybe next time! :rocker:
I'm dying to see it. :wink:
I can dig it.
A NY policeman, who played bag pipes at all the funerals of fellow cops, retired to a small spread in rural Kentucky. Hoping for some extra money, he contacted all the local morticians to let them know he was available.

His phone rang one day and it was one of the morticians asking if he would play at the funeral of a nameless, homeless man that had been brought in. He was to be buried in an out of the way cemetery used by the county for people of little or no means.

The retired cop said sure and was given directions to the county cemetery and the time to be there. Being new to the area he became hopelessly lost. While driving down a back road he saw three men filling in a hole and determined this must be the site.

He pulled in and parked, got his pipes out of the trunk, inflated the bladder and begin to play. He marched to the grave, played a bit, walked around the grave while still playing, finished with a flourish, returned to his car, put the pipes in the trunk and drove off.

While the piper was playing the three men filling the hole in had removed their hats and stood with their heads bowed. The piper's music brought all three to tears. After the piper drove off they wiped their eyes and put their hats back on. One of the men looked at the other two and said, "I never realized what an emotional experience it could be installing a septic tank."


Image

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King


Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am
Location: Maine

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by WEDFan » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Eh. If you've heard one bagpipe tune, you've heard them both.



User avatar
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 4133
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2003 3:00 pm
Park: WDW
Position: retired
Location: 8 miles east of Spaceship Earth
Contact:

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by Zazu » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:57 am

WEDFan wrote:Eh. If you've heard one bagpipe tune, you've heard them both.
So... you can't tell the difference between "Amazing Grace" and "Run Run Away"?

Hint: :Grace: is different from :Roadrunner:



WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Posts: 1015
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 am
Location: Maine

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by WEDFan » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Zazu wrote:So... you can't tell the difference between "Amazing Grace" and "Run Run Away"?

Hint: :Grace: is different from :Roadrunner:
Actually, I like bagpipe music and used to know a piper. It must be that portion of my melting pot ancestry that comes from Scotland. I just seem unable to pass up an opportunity to trot out old jokes. :biggrin:



drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll
Posts: 3230
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:39 pm

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by drcorey » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:36 pm

WEDFan wrote:
Zazu wrote:So... you can't tell the difference between "Amazing Grace" and "Run Run Away"?

Hint: :Grace: is different from :Roadrunner:
Actually, I like bagpipe music and used to know a piper. It must be that portion of my melting pot ancestry that comes from Scotland. I just seem unable to pass up an opportunity to trot out old jokes. :biggrin:
[video][/video]



User avatar
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Posts: 5131
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:00 pm
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone
Location: Dallas area
Contact:

Re: Secret Graveyard

Post by BRWombat » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:46 am

Zazu wrote:
WEDFan wrote:Eh. If you've heard one bagpipe tune, you've heard them both.
So... you can't tell the difference between "Amazing Grace" and "Run Run Away"?

...
I always get those confused with "Lady of Spain."



Post Reply