Fast passes are good everywhere, right?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
01spirit750
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Fast passes are good everywhere, right?

Post by 01spirit750 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:53 am

Okay, so I am not a CM but I witnessed this SGT a few years ago.

Father and Son approach fast pass entrance CM at Space Mountain. Father hands CM fastpasses. CM informs father that these FP are for Big Thunder. Father says, yes but big thunder is broken down so he wants to use those FP for Space Mountain. CM says he can't and father starts argueing with CM. CM directs father to his lead.

At this point we have worked our way around this debacle and made our way up the fast pass entrance.

I was laughing and thinking about taking this to the next level (just for fun):

Imagine this interaction
Disneyland entrance ticket taker:
CM: Sorry these are tickets for Universal Studios Florida
Father: Yes but I want to use those tickets here at Disneyland instead!
CM: But you are at DIsneyland in California
Father: Yes, but Universal studios Florida is too far so I want to use them here.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Fast passes are good everywhere, right?

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:38 am

I'll call this a Stupid Reciprocal Member Trick. Most yacht clubs allow members of other clubs to enter their club to either eat or drink. This is known as having a reciprocal relationship. There may be some limitations to this arrangement. At the Lahaina YC the County Liquor Commission requires the member of another club to show a YC membership card that has either a expiration date or the year that it is good for. Pretty simple but, in some cases, not so much. I witnessed this interaction a few days ago.

Guy with group of friends enters club. Because she didn't recognize him, waitress asks to see his membership card. Guy says he's a member of the Something Or Other YC. Waitress says I need to see your SOO YC membership card. Guy says he hasn't got it with him. Waitress offers to call the SOO YC and have them FAX proof of his membership. Guy says SOO YC burned down two years ago but I am wearing a polo shirt with the SOO YC logo embroidered into it which proves I am a member. Waitress says no proof of membership, which doesn't include a polo shirt with the SOO YC logo embroidered into it, no entry. Guys says this SOO YC shirt has gotten me into clubs all over the world. Waitress repeats requirements. Guy storms out yelling he'll never come back.

Another scam artist sent packing.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:05 pm

The yacht club burned down two years ago and he still thinks he's a member? Dreamer!!!! Good on the waitress for spotting the scam.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:45 pm

felinefan wrote:The yacht club burned down two years ago and he still thinks he's a member? Dreamer!!!! Good on the waitress for spotting the scam.
If the SOO YC had a business continuance plan in place they could still be operating even if it was out of someone's garage. The guy was a scam artist who probably figured the banana eaters on Maui would have side boys blowing their bos'n pipes as he was ushered to his waterside table.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.