Disneyland newbie

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Disneyland newbie

Post by Zazu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:56 am

Main Streeter wrote:
Zazu wrote:I also have to give a pitch for The Ranch, about a mile east on Ball. Run by Michael Jordan (
Zazu, do you mean The Ranch Saloon, 1025 East Ball Road? The tall building with blue lighted top.
That's the building, but I don't mean the Saloon, I mean the restaurant next door.

Me & country western? Not gonna happen.

:Zazu: :Alameda:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 am

Zazu wrote:
Main Streeter wrote:
Zazu wrote:I also have to give a pitch for The Ranch, about a mile east on Ball. Run by Michael Jordan (
Zazu, do you mean The Ranch Saloon, 1025 East Ball Road? The tall building with blue lighted top.
That's the building, but I don't mean the Saloon, I mean the restaurant next door.

Me & country western? Not gonna happen.

birds don't two step?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:35 am

drcorey wrote:
Zazu wrote: Me & country western? Not gonna happen.

birds don't two step?
Obviously, you've never tried to yodel through a beak the size of your body! The results are not pleasant.

:explosion:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:46 pm

Disneyland! We often Park-Hop, so I'll give best hints for each Park....
USE DAS if any difficulties standing in line, of course I hope not. I can't remember if we have a thread already :Dory:
We really only use FastPass for one attraction a day, so get one for whichever attraction you must see and has a long line...
Disneyland--get there as soon as you can after opening--EVERY DAY IT GETS BUSY! By lunchtime you will probaly go OMG...
We like to hit the lands in this order--Tomorrowland (Star Tours, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Finding Nemo Subs (rumor Subs will permanently close going round) then from Subs go to Small World, then thru Fantasyland go back to Hub (Walt's Statue area)
go thru Frontierland to Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, then to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad if it is open, then back to Adventureland to go on the Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Eye attraction. Indy has Single Rider, so if lines are long and you don't mind being separated, it will get you on and off quickly. The others named some very good dining options, but if you like unlimited BBQ, Go to Big Thunder Ranches' BBQ, not bad, all you can eat and entertainment of the Country Variety...sorry Zazu, I was raised on it! By this time you should be pooped, so you can go to Hotel to rest or leisurely take in Jungle Boat Cruise and Tiki Room, Shop for souvenirs and goodies and/or sit down for Parade and the Flag Retreat around Flagpole. Don't forget to see the Disney Gallery and Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. The second day you can take it more slowly, ride a few attractions again and appreciate Fantasyland, Tom Sawyer's Island, Walk-Thru Sleeping Beauty Castle, Toon Town. You can plow in for the second show of Fantasmic as others are leaving the first show, the NOS rides are usually much lighter during show. Beautiful and exciting Show! :biggrin:

I know DCA less well, but a few things- RADIATOR SPRINGS RACERS!!!!!!! If you do Single Rider it gets you on A LOT faster, and you still might get to "race" each other, gesture and trash talk your friend's car :evil: The other attractions are sweet but more kiddie geared....DO NOT MISS Radiator Springs at night you can hop there after WOC. Beautiful. DO NOT MISS the Aladdin Show, you will love this amazing production. Go Early and best seats are in front of the second area from stage--I think it's the mezzanine. From there go to Tower of Terror, the Little Mermaid Ride, Toy Story Midway Mania, Soarin'. You should definitely see the inside of the Grand Californian Hotel, you can go there from Soarin' and you will be able to go to Storyteller's or WhiteWater Snacks. As for World of Color, you can either wait in line early at Grizzly River Rapids Fastpass area for passes, or as far as I know go get some light snackboxes at Wine Country Trattoria to get your Pass, OR call ahead to 1-714-781-DINE and you can have dinner at Ariel's Grotto, the Trattoria, or Carthay Circle for your World of Color Dinner Packages. We went to the Trattoria recently and had a very good Filet Mignon dinner, although the service was a little impersonal from our waiter who made no friendly small talk that the others do--he's the only one we noticed like that, maybe he was tired or something. If you go early enough, many people do not get Fastpasses and just hang out at the bridge area where you don't need one. It all depends how much time, money and effort you want to put into watching it.

I also have left out the Animation Building in DCA, which I love for the lower-key Turtle Talk with Crush (Crush reminds me of our Hobie, he is a very wise Dude) Animation Academy, and many other beautiful Surprises. Don't Forget to see the very special Walt statue with Mickey near the Fountain in front of the Carthay Circle Restaurant. :bow:
Last edited by Zazu on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: fixed smilie code

slpowell
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by slpowell » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:28 pm

I'm so glad I popped in here and found this thread! I'm a long-time reader but very rare poster. I'm a WDWer and taking my 7 & 8 yr old boys along with me to a conference at DL this summer. We'll have very limited time in the parks because of my work engagements where they'll be at the conference child care, but some of these tips are exactly what I needed to make the most of the time that we do have! Thank you all for everything you do! This forum is a great source of entertainment and knowledge!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:29 am

Zazu, interesting this thread was revived. You may not like Country Music, and this is fine, but DisneyLand's Stan Freese (Stan is currently the Talent and Casting Director for Disneyland) sure does. I entered The Ranch Saloon last Friday and there was Stan! He was dressed in colors which matched Kelly Rae - the lead vocalist, and wore the funniest huge white framed glasses. Of course he sat in on drums a few times. Kelly Rae Band has no tuba :biggrin: I sat with Kelly Rae's husband and we just laughed at Stan in his western finery and were in awe of his musical talents. I'll bet you would have enjoyed a few sets....with the fine wine The Ranch has hidden.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Zazu » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 am

Main Streeter wrote:Zazu, interesting this thread was revived. You may not like Country Music, and this is fine, but DisneyLand's Stan Freese (Stan is currently the Talent and Casting Director for Disneyland) sure does.
I wouldn't say I dislike Country music, only that I prefer Western music. (Country/Western is a record store classification, not a musical genre, and makes about as much sense as Science Fiction/Fantasy.) That, and there's a lot of bad country music out there. But there is good too, and I do respect talent whereever I hear it.
I'll bet you would have enjoyed a few sets....with the fine wine The Ranch has hidden.
I'll bet I would have. And the good stuff isn't hidden, it's just on a shelf higher than Michael Jordan can reach! :razz:

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Last Sunday a young lady on her way to work came to my church (first service), wearing a Disneyland CM costume. Astro Blasters, to be exact. I gave her SGT's addy and invited her to join. Someone said another person at my church also works at DLR, in the restaurants. If I ever get ahold of him, I'll invite him to join as well.