Split Personalities

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Split Personalities

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:52 am

We were talking at dinner yesterday about our favorite stories from Disney. My daughter started laughing and telling us some of her most cherished idiots are the people that complain about everything in the parks, from the food to the lines to the parades, and make everyone around them uncomfortable. As soon as a cast member walks by or gives them a high 5 with the big Mickey gloves, or asks how there day is, they are the nicest people in the world and they are having the best time ever. Why complain, why taint the others guests experiences, why cloud your own vacation with negativity? And if it is really as bad as you make it out to be, why not file a complaint or do something about it. I am amazed at how miserable people need to be on their vacation. I paid good money for this trip and I'm going to have a great time. Really, negativity? Why? Life is entirely too short for that.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Split Personalities

Post by Zazu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:08 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Really, negativity? Why? Life is entirely too short for that.
It's been my observation that some people just aren't happy unless they have something to be unhappy about.

I think there's an entry for that in DSM-IV....

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 pm

And then there's that special person who is not happy unless they're making someone else miserable.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:29 pm

hobie16 wrote:And then there's that special person who is not happy unless they're making someone else miserable.
Backstage, we have a special word for this type of guest. You may find it useful outside the berm. The term is "asshole".

Zazu

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Zazu wrote:Backstage, we have a special word for this type of guest. You may find it useful outside the berm. The term is "asshole".
The difference between them and an asshole is that a real asshole is actually useful and necessary! :diaper:

:goofy: :goofy:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Zazu wrote:Backstage, we have a special word for this type of guest. You may find it useful outside the berm. The term is "asshole".
That's letting the special person I occasionally have to deal with off lightly. Seeing that he's a lawyer of the ambulance chasing subcategory only adds to the descriptive words available.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Hey, let's have a little respect for the dead, here! Stop talking about my mom! :hysteria:

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm

Today while exiting DLR, I happened to overhear a SG at the bag check demanding to know WHICH carcinogenic substances were present in the Park. I'm not sure if he found out as there were a good 30 guests waiting behind him who didn't care :angrymob:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:12 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Today while exiting DLR, I happened to overhear a SG at the bag check demanding to know WHICH carcinogenic substances were present in the Park. I'm not sure if he found out as there were a good 30 guests waiting behind him who didn't care :angrymob:
He should have been pointed towards a mirror.

--- Matt King

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:37 am

I think the correct response is "everything." That way you don't take a chance of missing something.