Toontown Dry Ice Bomb

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Toontown Dry Ice Bomb

Post by hhsrat » Wed May 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Not many CMs are fingerprinted.
Here in FL, we all have to get fingerprinted as part of the new hire process, but I think that may be just for a background check, I'm not sure that they keep the prints on file.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:43 pm

hhsrat wrote:I'm not sure that they keep the prints on file.
No one gives up data. Ever.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Wed May 29, 2013 10:08 pm

And there's more...

- In 2009, Disneyland fired nine employees, including seven horticulture workers, for drinking beer and tequila while commuting home in a Disney-sponsored van pool. Several of the fired workers sued Disney, claiming wrongful termination. But a U.S. district judge dismissed the suit in 2011.

- In 2001, an employee was arrested on suspicion of being under the influence of methamphetamines while working at the Space Mountain roller coaster. The arrest was made after guests complained that the worker was talking fast, grinding her teeth and appeared to be under the influence of drugs, according to Anaheim police and Disneyland security reports.

- In 1997, several workers on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise were fired for telling unauthorized jokes, such as referring to a fake elephant on the cruise as the conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Thu May 30, 2013 11:09 pm

"Unanticipated Impacts" No kidding.

Disneyland worker charged in dry-ice blast 'wouldn't hurt anyone'
By Mike Anton and Andrew Blankstein

A 22-year-old Disneyland employee accused of triggering two explosions and forcing a partial evacuation of the Anaheim amusement park pleaded not guilty Thursday. Christian Barnes, who is accused of being responsible for two dry-ice bomb blasts, entered his plea via a videotape arraignment from his cell at Orange County Jail. Several family members were on hand for the video court appearance, but only his grandmother would talk with reporters. "He's the nicest person I know," said Flora Barnes.

He was ordered held on $500,000, half of his original bail.

The Orange County district attorney's office says the first dry-ice explosion took place about 4 p.m. Tuesday outside Toontown shortly after Barnes was ending his shift and a colleague was taking over the vending cart with drinks. Several minutes later, Barnes is accused of taking a second water bottle from the cart and walking toward the employee break room. While passing through Toontown, Barnes allegedly placed a second water bottle with dry ice in a trash can before leaving the area. No one was seriously hurt in either blast, although authorities said some people complained about ringing in their ears. Nonetheless, the explosions caused anxious moments in Toontown, which features Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin and other attractions aimed at youngsters.

"Barnes is cooperating with investigators and has indicated this is an isolated incident with unanticipated impacts," Anaheim Police Sgt. Bob Dunn said after the arrest Wednesday morning.

--- Matt King

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri May 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah, there seems to be an absolute plague of "nice guys" and "harmless kids" doing something like this, up to and including murder. Anyone remember Sirhan Sirhan, who assassinated Bobby Kennedy? For years, his mother claimed he didn't do it. People are so out of touch with reality. The kid they know--read, idealized--would never do something like that. But parents today don't really know their kids as well as parents of my day.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:08 am

From what heard was that it was Chris's last day of work. A female CM was a relief for his cart. She opened the lid and the 1st dry ice bomb went off causing her to go into shock and have breathing problems. She ended up at Central First Aid and to St. Joseph's. Then I heard on the news that there was a small explosion in a trash can and hearing that area evacuating, I did not think of anything that was major. Then the news media said it was a dry ice bomb, I kept on saying, it had to be outdoor vending. Yes, the next day on the news they said it was a male CM. I have not heard of the Cm and then I heard that the CM was being arraigned on Thursday at 1 pm. CM pled not guilty. Crazy CM's out there.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Stupid way of going out with a bang, if you ask me.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:49 am

felinefan wrote:Stupid way of going out with a bang, if you ask me.
If you're lucky it will only affect your employment for a good chunk of your life. If you're unlucky it will affect your place of residence for a while followed by a severe impact on employment for the rest of your life. Stupid is right!