Disneyland Vacation

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Disneyland Vacation

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 pm

hhsrat wrote:Is that Larry's island?
Nope. Larry bought Lanai and he's open for business. There's only two hotels on the island and they're both Four $eason$. They must have good occupancy as they no longer offer kama'aina discounts.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:13 pm

History Detectives once paid a visit to Niihau as part of an investigation. Someone thought they had a piece of a Japanese plane that attacked Pearl Harbor, and they needed to talk to someone on the island. That person said that their family once had an employee who was Japanese-Hawaiian, and since he was fluent in Japanese, when a kamakazi pilot ended up on the island, he was able to act as an interpreter. The pilot was very mean-spirited, and gave little information. He convinced the employee to leave the island, and both somehow managed to escape. But they did get the information about the plane part they needed for their investigation.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:25 pm

Mean spirited kamakazi pilot, whoda thunk?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:47 am

hobie16 wrote:Mean spirited kamakazi pilot, whoda thunk?
Well you can't really blame him. After all, a live kamikaze pilot is also defined as a failure! There is no class reunion for kamikaze pilots!

:goofy: :goofy:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:16 am

I notice most all my questions or comment get more travel then I ever do. ask how to save money and we are off skiing in cuba. or spear fishing. or hunting dinosours.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:28 am

drcorey wrote:I notice most all my questions or comment get more travel then I ever do. ask how to save money and we are off skiing in cuba. or spear fishing. or hunting dinosours.
No spelunking?

--- Matt King

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:12 pm

If anyone is thinking about visiting Oahu you'd better do it fast.

The mountains on Oahu in the Hawaiian Islands are dissolving from within under the slow but inexorable onslaught of groundwater, researchers say.

Sometime in the distant future the mountainous tropical island will be reduced to a flat, low-lying island similar to Midway, scientists at Brigham Young University reported Friday.

While external erosion is the primary force that wears down mountains, that's not the case on Oahu, they said.
[...]
While Oahu is at present still growing, after about 1.5 million years the force of groundwater will eventually triumph and the island will begin its descent to a low-lying topography, the researchers said.

Well, maybe not to fast.

--- Matt King

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 pm

hobie16 wrote:If anyone is thinking about visiting Oahu you'd better do it fast.

The mountains on Oahu in the Hawaiian Islands are dissolving from within under the slow but inexorable onslaught of groundwater, researchers say.

Sometime in the distant future the mountainous tropical island will be reduced to a flat, low-lying island similar to Midway, scientists at Brigham Young University reported Friday.

While external erosion is the primary force that wears down mountains, that's not the case on Oahu, they said.
[...]
While Oahu is at present still growing, after about 1.5 million years the force of groundwater will eventually triumph and the island will begin its descent to a low-lying topography, the researchers said.

Well, maybe not to fast.
Damn, and here I have my trip penciled in for 1.75 million years from now. I guess I should move it up a little. :D:

:goofy: :goofy:

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:38 pm

I was going to make some crack about that not being a problem if the Mayans were right, but since that's a bust I've got nothing.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:50 am

I'm bummed that the Mayan deal didn't happen as I just saw the Colon Lady on TV again.

--- Matt King