Disneyland Vacation

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Disneyland Vacation

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:48 am

I am thinking of spending 2 weeks next year there.
I looked at the package deals, and I can only get food service and admission for 5 days? they can sell me a room for 2 weeks but not admission and food service?
then what? I am on my own?
my budget is only 5k and I linda need full room and board.

Corey

Disneyfreak16
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: Disneyland Vacation

Post by Disneyfreak16 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

drcorey wrote:I am thinking of spending 2 weeks next year there.
I looked at the package deals, and I can only get food service and admission for 5 days? they can sell me a room for 2 weeks but not admission and food service?
then what? I am on my own?
my budget is only 5k and I linda need full room and board.
Disneyland only has admissions for up to five days, if you want any longer than that you'll have to buy an AP. now regarding the food plan, from what I heard its not that great and you don't save any money by using it. You just basically prepay for your food and it works off a voucher system, so if you have a 40 dollar voucher and only spend 30-35 dollars you won't get the rest of your money back from it. It might just be cheaper to buy your food while your there. I kinda feel too though that since Disneyland is a lot smaller than wdw you probably only need about 5 days in the parks anyways. If you go during the first part of January it's not busy so you can do and see just about everything in a few days. I do however def recommend seeing the world of color while your there, it's the most amazing show I have ever seen, but do not do the picnic because all you will get is a fast pass and still have to stand in a long line to see the show and you may not get the best viewing spot. The best way to get to be right up front to see the show is to do the dinner package which you will get VIP viewing, nor will you have to stand in a long line. Anyways best of luck to you!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

Disneyfreak16 wrote:Disneyland only has admissions for up to five days, if you want any longer than that you'll have to buy an AP. now regarding the food plan, from what I heard its not that great and you don't save any money by using it. You just basically prepay for your food and it works off a voucher system, so if you have a 40 dollar voucher and only spend 30-35 dollars you won't get the rest of your money back from it. It might just be cheaper to buy your food while your there. I kinda feel too though that since Disneyland is a lot smaller than wdw you probably only need about 5 days in the parks anyways. If you go during the first part of January it's not busy so you can do and see just about everything in a few days. I do however def recommend seeing the world of color while your there, it's the most amazing show I have ever seen, but do not do the picnic because all you will get is a fast pass and still have to stand in a long line to see the show and you may not get the best viewing spot. The best way to get to be right up front to see the show is to do the dinner package which you will get VIP viewing, nor will you have to stand in a long line. Anyways best of luck to you!
so basicly just show up with a pocket full of cash and enjoy. maybe I'll buy some mouse money or duck dollars or whatever it's called.

Corey

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:01 pm

Some people find it cheaper/better to stay off-property at DLR anyhow. Plenty of hotels near the resort have shuttle services.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:20 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Some people find it cheaper/better to stay off-property at DLR anyhow. Plenty of hotels near the resort have shuttle services.
yeah I know I can do the same for like 2500.00 less staying acrost the street. maybe howard johnsons or ramada maingate. but I have the money and wanted the disneyland experience.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Stay at Paradise Pier Hotel. Nice walk through Downtown Disney to main gate.

DisneyMom will recommend Candy Cane Inn and I concur. Very nice, well kept up. Located in the back of the Cadillac Range. About the same walking distance as Paradise Pier.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 am

hobie16 wrote:Stay at Paradise Pier Hotel. Nice walk through Downtown Disney to main gate.

DisneyMom will recommend Candy Cane Inn and I concur. Very nice, well kept up. Located in the back of the Cadillac Range. About the same walking distance as Paradise Pier.
And Free Candy Canes :)
Fridge in room, microwave in Lobby,Free WiFi. Convenience stores next door,complimentary breakfast comparable to Disneyland Hotel Concierge Lounge's.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Disneyfreak16
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Disneyfreak16 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:48 am

drcorey wrote:so basicly just show up with a pocket full of cash and enjoy. maybe I'll buy some mouse money or duck dollars or whatever it's called.
Pretty much how it works lol, you could always just start saving spending money by buying Disney dollars...but there are some places that you can eat at that don't cost to much, there's this place off of Main Street that sells awesome soup that's reasonably priced. Plus there's a lot of resturants in the area that you could always eat at. I prefer to stay on property tho because I love the experience, even more so during Xmas time. But I normally go just for a couple days at a time because I only live a few hours away.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:21 am

We go a few times a year and 5 days would be plenty. Watch the crowd calendars and see what are the slow times. We eat all over, so any dining plan there wouldn't work for us. We like the restaurants in Downtown Disney and the portions are really big, so we end up sharing so we don't waste so much food.

We walk past the Candy Cane Inn but have never stayed there. We have been staying at Desert Palms Inn and Suites. They have a full hot breakfast included so that is one less meal that we have to buy every day. A 9 hour drive is geting easier to make oall the time. We just can't seem to stay away.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:08 am

DisneyMom wrote:And Free Candy Canes :)
Fridge in room, microwave in Lobby,Free WiFi. Convenience stores next door,complimentary breakfast comparable to Disneyland Hotel Concierge Lounge's.
I forgot about breakfast. The Candy Cane puts out a lot of food. :D:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.