Disneyland Vacation

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Disneyland Vacation

Post by YANXWIN » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm

But just think about how healthy you would be when you die. That's what we are all shooting for. Not eating the foods we love, always going to the torture chamber (the loving name I have given to the gym, what an evil invention), and hoping to eak out 1 more year of life. It's a good thing I don't buy into this falacy.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:55 pm

The reason nothing happened is two-fold:
1.) The end of the Long Count Mayan calendar meant only that it was time to make a new one, a turning over of a page, so to speak. It would've marked party time, not doomsday;

2.) The reason they didn't make a new calendar is because the Spaniards invaded Mexico and forbade them to make anymore calendars. If the Spanish hadn't interfered, the Mayan descendants would be partying right now, not rolling their eyes at us.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:09 pm

felinefan wrote:The reason nothing happened is two-fold:
1.) The end of the Long Count Mayan calendar meant only that it was time to make a new one, a turning over of a page, so to speak. It would've marked party time, not doomsday;

2.) The reason they didn't make a new calendar is because the Spaniards invaded Mexico and forbade them to make anymore calendars. If the Spanish hadn't interfered, the Mayan descendants would be partying right now, not rolling their eyes at us.
How about some I survived the mayan apocolips tshirts?

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:42 pm

[video=youtube;8eE1hxj1yzU][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:50 pm

hobie16 wrote: While Oahu is at present still growing, after about 1.5 million years the force of groundwater will eventually triumph and the island will begin its descent to a low-lying topography, the researchers said.[/I]

Well, maybe not to fast.
Man, I am glad I didn't buy DVC at Aulani ! I would barely have paid it off by then !

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:04 pm

delsdad wrote:Man, I am glad I didn't buy DVC at Aulani ! I would barely have paid it off by then !
The price is even worse now. Someone discovered that the original timeshare price was way under what would cover the real maintenance costs. They had to stop sales until they could get approval from the state to bounce the prices skyward.

A couple of VPs got fired over the goof.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:30 pm

hobie16 wrote:The price is even worse now. Someone discovered that the original timeshare price was way under what would cover the real maintenance costs. They had to stop sales until they could get approval from the state to bounce the prices skyward.

A couple of VPs got fired over the goof.
some mouse ears were rolling.

Corey

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:12 am

hobie16 wrote:A couple of VPs got fired over the goof.
Deservedly so. That's not the kind of calculation you want to make that big an error on.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:40 am

WEDFan wrote:Deservedly so. That's not the kind of calculation you want to make that big an error on.
As their number was 33% off and it can never be brought up full cost, you're right. They may have been trying to goose early sales.

--- Matt King

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am

hobie16 wrote:As their number was 33% off and it can never be brought up full cost, you're right. They may have been trying to goose early sales.
I've seen similar things before where sales/capture teams get bonuses for closing the deal, so they tend to gloss over or "miss" some cost elements. Then the team responsible for execution or maintenece (of the contract -- not physical plant) get left holding the bag. It would be nice to think that the blame for those kind of things can end up in the laps of those who caused the problem.