Kind of Funny

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Kind of Funny

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:40 am

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pint ... n?id=64399

The pin is designed as a Disneyland Resort attraction poster pin. Yet the attraction it features was never in Disneyland...

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: Kind of Funny

Post by DisneyMom » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:59 pm

I think it is what us Pin Nuts call an "error" pin. This will make this pin very popular-Check for the inflated prices on EBay :rolleyes:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:42 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pint ... n?id=64399

The pin is designed as a Disneyland Resort attraction poster pin. Yet the attraction it features was never in Disneyland...
Ah, but it was! "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" was an opening day attraction in Tomorrowland, featuring a walk-through of sets from the movie of that name. One scene was a view out the side porthole at a giant animated squid -- exactly what's shown behind Chip & Dale on the pin.

Y'all really should check with an expert on such things ... someone like me who's old enough to remember it!
:old:

BTW, the organ from that attraction -- the same as was seen in the film -- now graces Disneyland's Haunted Mansion in the ballroom scene. The imagineers won't let a good prop go to waste.

Zazu

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:17 am

Zazu wrote:Ah, but it was! "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" was an opening day attraction in Tomorrowland, featuring a walk-through of sets from the movie of that name. One scene was a view out the side porthole at a giant animated squid -- exactly what's shown behind Chip & Dale on the pin.

Y'all really should check with an expert on such things ... someone like me who's old enough to remember it!

BTW, the organ from that attraction -- the same as was seen in the film -- now graces Disneyland's Haunted Mansion in the ballroom scene. The imagineers won't let a good prop go to waste.
The Pin Sharks on EBay will be very disappointed :eek:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:59 am

DisneyMom wrote:The Pin Sharks on EBay will be very disappointed :eek:
That sounds like a great concept for a pin...

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:36 am

hobie16 wrote:That sounds like a great concept for a pin...
Even Disney has become very aware of the Pin-afflicted.......
They have made more than a few that allude to the problem and literally say, "Just One More", "Take me to your Trader" and "This is NOT a Pin" :o:

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Zazu wrote:Ah, but it was! "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" was an opening day attraction in Tomorrowland, featuring a walk-through of sets from the movie of that name. One scene was a view out the side porthole at a giant animated squid -- exactly what's shown behind Chip & Dale on the pin.

Hmm, I thought that was at Disneyland Paris. I never came across this during my Submarine Voyage searches. :eek:

Where was 20k attraction set up?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:36 am

TiggerHappy wrote:Hmm, I thought that was at Disneyland Paris. I never came across this during my Submarine Voyage searches. :eek:

Where was 20k attraction set up?
I remember going through the DL exhibit when I was a kid. As I remember is was where Star Traders is now located but I could be wrong.

[video=youtube;w4nPWnhuLNQ][/video]

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 pm

That's a really cool video. They just couldn't do a neat exhibit like that any more since so much of movies is computer generated.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07 am

Zazu, is it at all related to the 20,000 Leagues walkthrough at Disneyland Paris? That was cool!