You know your a disney freak when....

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

You know your a disney freak when....

Post by drcorey » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:47 am

during a parade you see momma odie and her seeing eye snake go by, and you hear 2 people saying, I wonder what momma odie's snake's name is. and you can say it without even thinking about it.

Corey

KieranDotW
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: You know your a disney freak when....

Post by KieranDotW » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm

"JUJU! Why din' you tell me dat Gumbo's burnin'?"

Like you say, didn't even think about it.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:13 am

A little older post, but I thought of this post when this situation happened to me yesterday morning.

I was sitting in a meeting yesterday morning that started at 7 am Utah time. One of the guys that should have been there had been gone all week to Disneyland (funny story about that below) with his family. No one knew if he was back and if he was going to be there. Someone made the comment that he wouldn't be there because he was probably on rides already. I didn't look up from the paper I was reading and said, "No he's not. It's not open yet." The room went silent so I looked up to see what was going on and they were all staring at me. They all burst out laughing at me and said, "only you would know that." I didn't think it was that big a deal, but obviously I am a freak.

Funny story about this family going to Disneyland. They have lived in the middle east for the past 5 years and have traveled around the world. The dad seemed a little irritated when he was telling us that they were going to Disneyland. He said, "Apparently seeing the pyramids and visiting Dubai wasn't enough. They feel like they haven't lived until they've been to Disneyland." I sided with his kids.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 am

YANXWIN wrote:...

I was sitting in a meeting yesterday morning that started at 7 am Utah time. One of the guys that should have been there had been gone all week to Disneyland (funny story about that below) with his family. No one knew if he was back and if he was going to be there. Someone made the comment that he wouldn't be there because he was probably on rides already. I didn't look up from the paper I was reading and said, "No he's not. It's not open yet." The room went silent so I looked up to see what was going on and they were all staring at me. They all burst out laughing at me and said, "only you would know that." I didn't think it was that big a deal, but obviously I am a freak.
Funny! Yes, we Disney freaks walk among the general populace, and usually are able to fly under the radar -- until vacation time, or someone else mentions Disney, or a new Pixar flick is coming out, or we're within two states of California or Florida, or any of the bazillion times a day a Disney thought goes through our brains... :cool:
YANXWIN wrote:Funny story about this family going to Disneyland. They have lived in the middle east for the past 5 years and have traveled around the world. The dad seemed a little irritated when he was telling us that they were going to Disneyland. He said, "Apparently seeing the pyramids and visiting Dubai wasn't enough. They feel like they haven't lived until they've been to Disneyland." I sided with his kids.
Have to agree with you and the kids! :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am

BRWombat wrote:Funny! Yes, we Disney freaks walk among the general populace, and usually are able to fly under the radar -- until vacation time, or someone else mentions Disney, or a new Pixar flick is coming out, or we're within two states of California or Florida, or any of the bazillion times a day a Disney thought goes through our brains... :cool:

Have to agree with you and the kids! :D:
yep, we are migratory.
once in guest services I heard a guy complaning he spent 1000.00 for his family to come there and they were not having fun. and it was pooring rain. I said, geez, is that all? they are charging me 2500.00 a week to stay in thier hotels. and I get the AP which is 650.00 alone. if you want to play, you have to pay.

Corey

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:19 pm

I bet that shut him up real fast.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:02 pm

felinefan wrote:I bet that shut him up real fast.
sort of. but you know disney wont give money back under any cercomstance. but they bent over backwards trying to make him happy. free readmits, free gifts and food. that print on the back of your ticket is a contract, not just pretty words like people think.
I think most people complain just so the mouse will shower them with gifts. which is why a daily ticket is almost 100.00 now. someone has to pay for all the free crap, do you think the mouse is just going to eat it?

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 pm

drcorey wrote:yep, we are migratory.
once in guest services I heard a guy complaning he spent 1000.00 for his family to come there and they were not having fun. and it was pooring rain. I said, geez, is that all? they are charging me 2500.00 a week to stay in thier hotels. and I get the AP which is 650.00 alone. if you want to play, you have to pay.
A quick trip to Target on Harbor and Chapman for some slickers and rainboots would have solved the Rain Problem.......Rain cannot stop a REAL Disney Freak!

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:36 pm

DisneyMom wrote:A quick trip to Target on Harbor and Chapman for some slickers and rainboots would have solved the Rain Problem.......Rain cannot stop a REAL Disney Freak!
true. they all run around like they are going to melt.
I sit on main street and watch the ducks swim down it.
only time I wear a poncho is on splash mountain to freakout the newbies. when you show up at a ride with a poncho and googles, all the people is thier nice clothes start to whisper with each other. I have seen a lot of nice cameras get ruined. and some times I laugh and laugh and laugh. sometimes people ask me why. I say, they never said it was your laughing place.

Corey

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:57 am

drcorey wrote:true. they all run around like they are going to melt.
I always tell my kids that is just water not acid and it'll dry eventually. Just deal. Be glad you're at Disney and not at home.