DL Question

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

DL Question

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:00 pm

What ice cream did the parlor on main street sell?
I bet someone it was Dryers.
with my luck it was prolly Breyers.

Corey

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Re: DL Question

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:30 pm

According to my memory banks (and confirmed by my most recent DL map), the ice cream provider is indeed Dreyer's.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:43 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:According to my memory banks (and confirmed by my most recent DL map), the ice cream provider is indeed Dreyer's.
thought so.
you can fool the face, but not the taste.
hmm, wonder if most all ice cream there comes from dreyers. even the custom stuff.

Corey

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:16 pm

Do they have a Main Street in WDW that sells ice cream? Because then it would be Eby's, the east coast version of Dreyer's. Just like on the east coast it's Hellman's mayonnaise, out west it's Best Foods mayonnaise. Whew! just beat a brain fart!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:15 pm

felinefan wrote:Do they have a Main Street in WDW that sells ice cream? Because then it would be Eby's, the east coast version of Dreyer's. Just like on the east coast it's Hellman's mayonnaise, out west it's Best Foods mayonnaise. Whew! just beat a brain fart!
I bet the hot dogs are different too.
I dont like brain teasers much,
last time I tryed one my brain snapped at me.

Corey

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:16 pm

drcorey wrote: hmm, wonder if most all ice cream there comes from dreyers. even the custom stuff.
When I peeked over the counter, the containers said Dreyer's when the CMs change them out. I'll have to get a second look to be sure.

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:36 am

Disneyland used to serve Carnation Ice Cream at the ice cream parlor and in the park. (Hence the name of the parlor). Carnation was bought by Nestle several years ago. I think Carnation was primarily a west coast brand prior to that.
Nestle still uses the Carnation name for ice cream (in addition to other dairy products) but I think they also own Dreyer's because they have Dreyer's with Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch in them.. Breyer's ice cream is owned by Unilever.

disney777
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disney777 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:21 pm

I remember when DL had the Fantasia flavor ice cream. It's been so long I don't even remember the flavors, but there were at least 3 of them mixed together like rainbow sherbet, but it was ice cream. Maybe banana and cherry and ? pistachio?