I suppose this counts as a DLR SG...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: I suppose this counts as a DLR SG...

Post by Goofyernmost » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:54 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:that reminds me of the "from the land of sky blue waters" commercials.....

yah, I'm that old

we used to call coors 'Colorado kool-aid"
I was stationed in Denver for a brief period of time and I am here to tell you that the watered down Coors served at 6000 ft. still had a mule like kick to it. Some of which I remember!
:donkey: :koolade:

:goofy: :goofy:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

The story line from Smokey And The Bandit was getting a load of Coors into a state where it was illegal to sell it.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:10 pm

"From the land of sky blue waters" was Hamm's. Yeah, I remember those cute bears in the commercial. Even after they stopped running alcohol ads on TV, they did have the bears in their print ads and store displays for awhile.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am

I lived a good chunk of my formative years a couple of miles downwind of the Coors plant. Even though I'm not a drinker, fermenting hops and barley is still one of the odd smells that make me think of "home." (The other is oil refineries, from my years in Southeast Texas.)

Coors' tagline had to do with "Pure Rocky Mountain Spring Water." The water source was primarily Clear Creek, a beautiful spring- and glacier-fed stream that runs along Highway 6 into the mountains west of Golden. After it left the plant... well, let's just say that the trickle that remained of Clear Creek wasn't so clear any more.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 pm

BRWombat wrote:... let's just say that the trickle that remained of Clear Creek wasn't so clear any more.
That may be where Bear Whiz Beer gets their water.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.