Reverse Trick or Treating

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Reverse Trick or Treating

Post by WEDFan » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:I was thinking of all y'all in California today when I gassed up for $3.50. I really was.
Wow, that was a little harsh, BW.

Hi, YANXWIN. :waves:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:53 pm

I'm ok with the $3.59 I spent in Utah, but I may fill up in Vegas on the way down and back in a few weeks. As for Disneyworld next month, I'm glad to let Disney cart me and the fam around on their dime. (I know, I know, I pay for it in the long run.) I'm a sucker for all things Disney, as are you folks. Demonstrated by the fact that we are doing land and world in 2 consecutive months. That's nuts.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:02 pm

YANXWIN wrote:I'm ok with the $3.59 I spent in Utah, but I may fill up in Vegas on the way down and back in a few weeks. As for Disneyworld next month, I'm glad to let Disney cart me and the fam around on their dime. (I know, I know, I pay for it in the long run.) I'm a sucker for all things Disney, as are you folks. Demonstrated by the fact that we are doing land and world in 2 consecutive months. That's nuts.
thats what I like about Disney.
if you got the bucks, they will wait on you hand and foot. the mouse dont work cheap, but he has class.

Corey

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:43 am

drcorey wrote:thats what I like about Disney.
if you got the bucks, they will wait on you hand and foot. the mouse dont work cheap, but he has class.
Actually, as vacations go, I don't think Disney is that bad. Room, food and entertainment work out cheaper than, say a trip to NYC or DC. They're at least in line with most major vacation destinations I've ever been to. I do think their merchandise is expensive. $35 for a T-shirt is more than I'm willing to pay. I used to pick up polo shirts, but I've gotten to the point where I rarely find a design I really like and they're just too expensive to pick up something you only kind of like.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 am

My wife and I offered our 4 kids a few options this year for vacations. We offered DC, New York, a cruise, and Hawaii. They chose Disneyworld. (Not one of the options) All of the trips were going to cost the 6 of us about the same money. They liked the world so much last year that they ruled out the others to go back. We go to land so often that we don't buy stuff from there too much. We watch online for sales to pick up our Disney stuff. It's cheaper than the parks. I do like the fact that Disney does it all for you. The airplane, the ride from airport to hotel, the meals, and the passes. It's pretty easy. Now I just have to pay for it.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:34 am

I didn't mention it in my previous post, but for about the same vacation dollars, I think Disney returns a better value than a NYC trip for example. I love Broadway plays, but that's about $100-$200 for 3 hours of entertainment.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:45 pm

WEDFan wrote:Actually, as vacations go, I don't think Disney is that bad. Room, food and entertainment work out cheaper than, say a trip to NYC or DC. They're at least in line with most major vacation destinations I've ever been to. I do think their merchandise is expensive. $35 for a T-shirt is more than I'm willing to pay. I used to pick up polo shirts, but I've gotten to the point where I rarely find a design I really like and they're just too expensive to pick up something you only kind of like.
yeah, I used to like buying stuff from the parks when it was made only for the parks. and you could only get it there. now if I see something I like I will buy it out of the parks and save a ton. last thing I bought from the parks was thier 50th annivarsity cdrom and book set for 125.00.

Corey

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm

YANXWIN wrote:My wife and I offered our 4 kids a few options this year for vacations. We offered DC, New York, a cruise, and Hawaii. They chose Disneyworld. (Not one of the options) All of the trips were going to cost the 6 of us about the same money. They liked the world so much last year that they ruled out the others to go back. We go to land so often that we don't buy stuff from there too much. We watch online for sales to pick up our Disney stuff. It's cheaper than the parks. I do like the fact that Disney does it all for you. The airplane, the ride from airport to hotel, the meals, and the passes. It's pretty easy. Now I just have to pay for it.
they do everything but chew your food for you.

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:47 pm

YANXWIN wrote:My wife and I offered our 4 kids a few options this year for vacations. We offered DC, New York, a cruise, and Hawaii. They chose Disneyworld.
I always tell people Hawaii is not Disneyland so act accordingly. Today's real life activity is shore break at 15 to 20 feet on the north and west facing shores. People are being warned to not only stay out of the water but to stay off the beaches.

There will be some tourist thinking, "I paid big money for this trip." who'll attempt to swim out.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:21 pm

We too compared our last vacation to Disney before planning it. Turns out it wasn't any more expensive to go to Glacier National Park than it was to go to Walt Disney World (and we are FL residents.) And that was a trip of a lifetime!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]