Reverse Trick or Treating

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: Reverse Trick or Treating

Post by hobie16 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:40 pm

drcorey wrote:lots of people would love to give a princess the barking squirts.
Is that when the sluices open at both ends?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:29 am

Another way I've heard that is "Two exits -- no waiting."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:25 am

I went to Disneyland's "Mickey's Halloween Party." it was ok. We liked MK's Mickey's not so scary Halloween party" much better. We plan to go back to WDW next year.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 am

A quick update to the trick or treating dilemma we were having. My lovely bride found a scavenger hunt on the Internet and printed out a copy for the kids. It had a section for each part of the park. They had to find certain things and even had to ride a few rides to find some of the answers. I met them at the location of the last clue and had a treat for them that had to do with that section of the park. They had a great time and they thought it was one of the funniest things we have ever done.

Thanks for everyone's help and the fun discussions it always causes. Today is free day to do whatever we want.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 am

Final update to the trick or treating scene. After I posted about our scavenger hunt, we watched as people went into the park for the Halloween Party. I am so glad we weren't a part of that event. I was under the impression that Disneyland was a family place. Not so during Halloween night. I'm not sure what the rational is to dress up as inappropriately as possible and then go parade around in front of children and families. I know that seems a little prudish but I was a little disturbed by what I saw (yes, that too) and what those kids saw while they were in there. We were glad to be in DCA and then back to the hotel. Don't these people have adult parties to go to somewhere? Just my frustrating 2 cents worth.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:55 pm

YANXWIN wrote:Final update to the trick or treating scene. After I posted about our scavenger hunt, we watched as people went into the park for the Halloween Party. I am so glad we weren't a part of that event. I was under the impression that Disneyland was a family place. Not so during Halloween night. I'm not sure what the rational is to dress up as inappropriately as possible and then go parade around in front of children and families. I know that seems a little prudish but I was a little disturbed by what I saw (yes, that too) and what those kids saw while they were in there. We were glad to be in DCA and then back to the hotel. Don't these people have adult parties to go to somewhere? Just my frustrating 2 cents worth.
There is a chance that you are blaming the wrong people here. If Disney lets them in dressed inappropriately the the blame falls squarely on the shoulders of the Disney Co. They will eventually reap what they sow! If the obsession with making money causes Disney to lose the image that Walt so carefully put into place, then they will have to deal with a park that is relegated to the lesser of our society and the family image will completely disappear. :mad:

:goofy: :goofy:

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:32 am

I think you are probably right. I think Disney has a very unenviable task. Trying to keep that many diverse groups happy has to be almost impossible. For those of us that are disney freaks, (we are visiting both sites in the US in the same month) we will never give up on the magic. For those casual fans who visit once in a lifetime or once every few years, I can see their perspective being a little different. I admire the willingness of CM's and management to satisfy everyone. I try and take care of customers every day, and it can be a challenge sometimes.

Keep up the awesome work CM's. My family loves you.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:32 am

In my mind, inappropriate is inappropriate regardless of what diverse group one may or may not be a member. It's not an over the top behavior definition, but more of a common sense, common courtesy and the ability to realize that the world does not revolve around our personal thoughts. What is best for all is the primary aiming point. What is right, will be right now and forever. For clarification, I'm not talking about political correctness, that, in most cases, isn't right for anyone.

:goofy: :goofy: