Reverse Trick or Treating

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Reverse Trick or Treating

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 am

I have been reading the threads on this site for a while now and I love it. I decided it was time to jump into the deep end and post for the first time.

We go to DL multiple times each year and we will be there over Halloween this year. We did trick or treating in MK last year and it was fun, but expensive. We came up with a fun thing this year, but I don't want to be seen as a major SG, so I need to bounch this off you guys before we tell the kids what our thoughts are.

We are always amazed with how awesome the cast members are. We try and tell them thanks whenever we can, but it never seems like enough. We thought we would reverse trick or treat with the cast members on Halloween this year. My kids will be in their costumes and we thought they could give candy to the cast members to tell them thanks. Is this allowed? Is that a dumb idea? We want our kids to see that they don't always have to get something, but that they can show a little love to those people who make our trips so magical. I certainly don't want to do anything that would put me front and center on the SG wall of shame.

What do you think?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Reverse Trick or Treating

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am

The CMs may or may not turn you down but I guarantee you they won't eat it and throw it away instead after you leave. For their own health no CM eats anything a guest gives them as there's no way of knowing where it's been or what could have been done to it. A simple business card sized thank you card is much better, things like that are always appreciated.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 am

Hi, Yanxwin - glad you came out of lurking to post, even if you're a Yankees fan... ;)

:mwc:

:D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:30 pm

Greetings YANXWIN, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks for the welcoming committee. I never thought about the fact that they would throw it away after we left. I probably wouldn't trust anyhting coming from anyone else either. This is why I thought I would ask. Thanks for the insight.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Image YANXWIN

Go

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:18 pm

On behalf of the BDoSGT,,,,,,,,,Welcome.
(can't get to the smilies for some reason :( )

GO TIGERS

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 am

Thanks for the baseball love. I am a Yankee fanatic, son is named Bronx, but I love baseball in general. I only dislike, ok hate, the Red Sox or the Satans as they are referred to at our house.

BTW, our Halloween trip might be a in jeopardy with the lovely gas prices in Cali right now.

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I like the idea of a card or you could give a pin of some sort.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

YANXWIN wrote:BTW, our Halloween trip might be a in jeopardy with the lovely gas prices in Cali right now.
I was thinking of all y'all in California today when I gassed up for $3.50. I really was.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?