Disneyland tickets?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Disneyland tickets?

Post by NemoRanger » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Its been years since I have been to Disneyland and my understanding is the ticket system is completely different from WDW.

Does DLR not use a biometric scanner? I heard they don't so basically if I bought a 3 day ticket then I could use it one day then hand it to my sister to use it the next day and she can hand it to dad to use it the third day. Is this right? What is the system for tickets? Do you just walk up scan the ticket and go?

I tried looking up this answer and I saw a few boards where people talk about doing this at DLR all the time. They also talk about families at WDW doing this.

I confiscated two people tickets because they were lying about whose tickets they were and when I went to validate them they came up as the parents tickets. When confronted they finally fessed up to being the parents tickets. The coordinator said sorry they are not transferable and we are revoking them. Have a good day. I am sure it does happen sometimes that people sneak in by sharing tickets. I am just a stickler with tickets.

I find it strange that DLR and WDW would have two different types of ticketing systems.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Disneyland tickets?

Post by drcorey » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:47 pm

NemoRanger wrote:Its been years since I have been to Disneyland and my understanding is the ticket system is completely different from WDW.

Does DLR not use a biometric scanner? I heard they don't so basically if I bought a 3 day ticket then I could use it one day then hand it to my sister to use it the next day and she can hand it to dad to use it the third day. Is this right? What is the system for tickets? Do you just walk up scan the ticket and go?

I tried looking up this answer and I saw a few boards where people talk about doing this at DLR all the time. They also talk about families at WDW doing this.

I confiscated two people tickets because they were lying about whose tickets they were and when I went to validate them they came up as the parents tickets. When confronted they finally fessed up to being the parents tickets. The coordinator said sorry they are not transferable and we are revoking them. Have a good day. I am sure it does happen sometimes that people sneak in by sharing tickets. I am just a stickler with tickets.

I find it strange that DLR and WDW would have two different types of ticketing systems.
they dont use a bio scanner. but if they catch you, you are out without a refund. there are tons of people selling partial used tickets out here. they will do a random lookup if they suspect anything thou.

and of course, the AP has the owners picture on it.

Corey

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am

No, we don't have biometric scanners. You just scan the ticket and go right in. Unless your ticket is marked non-transferable, your sister and your dad should be able to scan in without problems.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:25 am

drcorey wrote: the AP has the owners picture on it.
DL APs do not have pictures on them any longer. Pictures are taken after AP is purchased, but pictures only come up at Main Gate when AP holder enters DL. I know AP pictures can be brought up in City Hall & by DL Security if the need arises. DisneyLand & WDW are very, very different in terms of operation.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:45 am

DLR AP Holder here.....My picture pops up on the screen when they scan me in at the entrance :cool:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:02 am

Main Streeter wrote:DL APs do not have pictures on them any longer. Pictures are taken after AP is purchased, but pictures only come up at Main Gate when AP holder enters DL. I know AP pictures can be brought up in City Hall & by DL Security if the need arises. DisneyLand & WDW are very, very different in terms of operation.
hmm, last one I got was in 07
and they just renew me when I send in the yearly fee.
if I ask for a new one will they charge me again?

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 am

DisneyMom wrote:DLR AP Holder here.....My picture pops up on the screen when they scan me in at the entrance :cool:
That has nothing to do with you being an AP. :eek:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:52 pm

drcorey wrote: I ask for a new one will they charge me again?
Change you to what? ;)

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:44 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Change you to what? ;)
CHARGE! not change.
Change must come from within.

Corey

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:58 pm

drcorey wrote:CHARGE! not change.
Change must come from within.
Ooops, was too sleepy. :o: No chaRge for AP photo.