Glow with the Show ears explained

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Glow with the Show ears explained

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 am

DisneyMom wrote:They were made for you! Did you child ever get them back? :p:
DM, you are feeding ktulu's ego ;) I can attest ktulu gave the Glow With The Show Ears back to child. The other child didn't take them off. The girls loved your gift. Was very thoughtful. :)

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:39 am

Main Streeter wrote:DM, you are feeding ktulu's ego ;) I can attest ktulu gave the Glow With The Show Ears back to child. The other child didn't take them off. The girls loved your gift. Was very thoughtful. :)
Yes, they reside upstairs in the lair of the children. I dare not enter, for fear I will be lost, or worse, step on a Lego...

Actually, the Lego would probably be mine.

And yes, the girls loved the ears. We are sad to learn in this video that they do stuff at Flo's. Now we have to go back...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:34 am

ktulu wrote:We are sad to learn in this video that they do stuff at Flo's. Now we have to go back...
I don't understand... why is this a sad thing????? :D:

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:36 am

ktulu wrote:...And yes, the girls loved the ears. We are sad to learn in this video that they do stuff at Flo's. Now we have to go back...
And that makes you sad why exactly? :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:25 pm

WEDFan wrote:I don't understand... why is this a sad thing????? :D:
BRWombat wrote:And that makes you sad why exactly? :D:
I have to pay for it...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:35 pm

ktulu wrote:Now we have to go back...
YES!! YES, YES!!! Thank you God!!! OOORAH! When?

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 pm

drcorey wrote:even easier. one one of those videos, they said each pair of ears has it's own serial number. which I assume it broadcasts, since there is no way they can add them to the system as they sell them. so you add a scan feature to your controller. or you just aim it toward a unit and scan it's serial number. this would be fun on the dark rides too. a independent comtroller would drive disney nuts. after a few "embarassing" episodes they will prolly encript the ears signals.
course, no one ever hacked pal mickey either.
I doubt the ears broadcast anything. That would entail a second network, one of recievers, and they would need to be very close to the ears, as the transmission power draw would clobber battery life.

The signal coming down likely references specific groups of serial numbers in its instruction packets. it can group the SNs by many ways, such as odd/even, or any number of groupings, perhaps even by date of manufacture or sale. Even sale location if they keep track. For example: " see all those bright blue ears ? They were purchased at the glo cart near Little Mermaid. The ones glowing orange came from cars land" or "Lets see how many people in this crowd have had their glow ears since day 1, the ears flashing red were sold on the day of introduction!" the possibilities are endless, depending on how the data is managed.

I love the idea of using an independent controller, but on a dark ride, the ir cameras would reveal the source of the signal to the ride op immediately ! And it would be worse than having a serial camera flash offender in the boat with you!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm

delsdad wrote:I doubt the ears broadcast anything. That would entail a second network, one of recievers, and they would need to be very close to the ears, as the transmission power draw would clobber battery life.

The signal coming down likely references specific groups of serial numbers in its instruction packets. it can group the SNs by many ways, such as odd/even, or any number of groupings, perhaps even by date of manufacture or sale. Even sale location if they keep track. For example: " see all those bright blue ears ? They were purchased at the glo cart near Little Mermaid. The ones glowing orange came from cars land" or "Lets see how many people in this crowd have had their glow ears since day 1, the ears flashing red were sold on the day of introduction!" the possibilities are endless, depending on how the data is managed.

I love the idea of using an independent controller, but on a dark ride, the ir cameras would reveal the source of the signal to the ride op immediately ! And it would be worse than having a serial camera flash offender in the boat with you!
Worse then those people with the light sticks from the carts? course you are right. ir would prolly be picked up on darkrides. it's prolly used for other things too.

Corey

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 pm

delsdad wrote:I doubt the ears broadcast anything. ...
I thought the same thing - except that the guy says the ear hats can interact with each other. That would indicate some transmit function, wouldn't it?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:44 pm

BRWombat wrote:I thought the same thing - except that the guy says the ear hats can interact with each other. That would indicate some transmit function, wouldn't it?
thats what I was thinking.
they have to be sending and receiving data. I bet the master computer can turn function off and on too.

Corey