How do some people get in to the parks with "adult" shirts?

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: How do some people get in to the parks with "adult" shirts?

Post by hobie16 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:39 pm

DisneyMom wrote:That Poor Girl!!!!! She is clearly having an allergic reaction from the sun that causes swelling :eek: Hobie, QUICK!!!! Throw her a muumuu!!!!!! ;)
Hang on, I'm looking for my I Support Single Moms t-shirt.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:45 pm

hobie16 wrote:Hang on, I'm looking for my I Support Single Moms t-shirt.
You probably gave this tee shirt away when checking bars earlier in tribute to National Tequilla Day. :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

TeamUBR
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TeamUBR » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:00 pm

Hey Hobie. Where's your aloe?

j

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 am

Okay, now that I've seen the picture of the t-shirt in question, I would put it as "PG-13" at most. A bit crude, but the "joke" would go over the head of most young children. I would be more concerned with ones that had bad language on them.

TechieSidhe
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TechieSidhe » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:37 pm

I think it's an issue of people having a lack of situational awareness. Just because it's okay to wear out drinking with your buddies, doesn't mean it's okay to wear at a family theme park. Sadly, if you go back and look in these people's closets, probably all the shirts they have contain references to body parts, recreational drugs, or crude jokes,and they probably don't have the introspection to say "self, this may not be appropriate for where we're going." I know people like this. If it's not their work clothes, it's all joke t-shirts and inappropriate clothing. Taking them out to a nice place to eat or visit is embarrasing because they don't understand dressing that way isn't acceptable in certain situations and they honestly believe that people should just accept that's how they dress and deal with it.

In their social circles, the shirt is probably hilarious and acceptable. But it's like visiting another country, what's okay in the United States may be vastly insulting somewhere else.

Before I leave the house every day, I look in the mirror and ask myself if this is how I want people to see me.

bookbabe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bookbabe » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:26 pm

TechieSidhe wrote:I think it's an issue of people having a lack of situational awareness. Just because it's okay to wear out drinking with your buddies, doesn't mean it's okay to wear at a family theme park.
Like my good friend's skin-tight "I'd f*ck me" t-shirt? :confused: She's a married, 40+ yr old tech consultant for a hospital, and can't figure out why guys spend all their time staring at her chest. (Granted, she doesn't wear it to work, but she has worn it out grocery shopping.)

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:06 pm

bookbabe wrote:Like my good friend's skin-tight "I'd f*ck me" t-shirt? :confused: She's a married, 40+ yr old tech consultant for a hospital, and can't figure out why guys spend all their time staring at her chest. (Granted, she doesn't wear it to work, but she has worn it out grocery shopping.)
go to the parks during gay days and see the crap they wear. I'd rather see 2 huge sweating breasts then a bunch of homo slogans.

Corey

shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by shilohmm » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Never been bothered by a t-shirt in the parks, but when we were on the boat going over to Tom Sawyer's Island, this guy with tattoos walked straight over to stand by middle daughter and I (the boat was crowded, he wasn't being rude by moving in on us). He had a naked lady splayed out on the arm facing us right at eye level. :rolleyes: Happily, daughter was too busy trying to get a good look at the island to notice.

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:54 pm

drcorey wrote:go to the parks during gay days and see the crap they wear. I'd rather see 2 huge sweating breasts then a bunch of homo slogans.
While some of the shirts the guys wear are a little much. One of my favorite things to do during gay days is to check out all the cool and creative shirts.

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:28 pm

...I guess this means I shouldn't wear my "Piss me off one more time.... I WILL rip off your head, spit down your throat then use your skull like a sock-puppet!" T-shirt then! ;)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!