Watch out!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
William
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Watch out!

Post by William » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:07 pm

So I'm finally going to Disneyland again after almost 10 years in the beginning of august!! (been going to disneyworld in the meantime) So Im planning to do all these stupid guest tricks to become king of the stupid guests!! :twisted:
No, haha, Im just kidding.
But have you guys ever had people who you swear were doing stupid things on purpose? Like just for fun.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Watch out!

Post by drcorey » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 pm

William wrote:So I'm finally going to Disneyland again after almost 10 years in the beginning of august!! (been going to disneyworld in the meantime) So Im planning to do all these stupid guest tricks to become king of the stupid guests!! :twisted:
No, haha, Im just kidding.
But have you guys ever had people who you swear were doing stupid things on purpose? Like just for fun.
Go to Sea World,
and you can do stupid things on porpose...

Corey

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:32 pm

Image William

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Apparently registration works... WELCOME!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

William
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by William » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:24 am

Oh yeah also, is it okay to take pics with cast members? Or does it distract you from your job.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:12 pm

:sgthello:

Welcome, William, from all of us at SGT, especially the Marsupial Welcoming Committee. Your heated safety spiel will happen any minute. We've tried everything; there is no protection. Good luck.

As far as people who come specifically to do stupid stuff, I am sure they are out there. When I was driving Monorails, some of the things people would do and say around me (and others), it sure felt like they did it just to be stupid. But if you're really interested, you can find that out in other threads and from a post I made over on disboards.com.

Taking pictures, you'd better believe you can, if you ask permission first. Of course, in my case, I took pictures with people without asking their permission. I was the ultimate CM photobomber (though I would make sure the photographer knew I was doing it before they snapped. The camera, that is.), with various ways of performing such a self-prescribed role. Just have fun, make sure the CMs know that is why you are there, and that you appreciate them.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:13 pm

William wrote:Oh yeah also, is it okay to take pics with cast members? Or does it distract you from your job.
That depends entirely on what job I'm doing at the moment.

When I was a railroad conductor, there were long times in the station between trains when I had nothing better to do. When the train was stopped, we had but 2.5 minutes to unload and load, so taking the time could delay the whole system. Finally, when there was a train moving through the station, I could not be distracted for safety reasons. Thus it's all a matter of timing.

When in doubt, ask! Getting our pictures taken, with or without guests, is one of the nicer parts of the job.

Good question.

Zazu

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:48 am

Welcome to Stupid Guest Tricks, William. As you can see, the Marsupials have already stopped by, and you've been given the Hawaiian Hi. The Beverage Committee should be by with your choice of cool, refreshing drink presently. I suggest that you save it until after the aforementioned safety spiel.

*Stands by with extinguisher, dustpan, and broom*

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:12 pm

From my experience at Nazi Fairy Farm, yes, definately guests do stupid things on purpose. Especially teenage boys who seem to think it's funny to see if you'll react to their jumping over fences and queue lines, talking back, hitting ROs/CMs, etc.. And I had the personal exerience of a group of (alleged) adults who attacked me, and later admitted they'd done it just to make trouble. People like that should not be allowed outside a loony bin.

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 pm

Greetings William, I am the resident dragon and would like to offer you a very warm* welcome to that slice of the internet we call SGT. This website contains threads with quick twists and turns and I would like to advise you to not try too hard to keep up with them. Please keep your hands, arms, and legs safely inside the website at all times and enjoy your stay.

*this instance of warm is actually hot**... very hot

**this instance of hot means that you are now literally on fire, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience

There's no place like 127.0.0.1