No Parking for CMs this June

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: No Parking for CMs this June

Post by Zazu » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 pm

At WDW, it's Company policy that cast aren't permitted in their work areas more than 15 minutes before the start of their shift. I wonder if Disneyland has the same policy, and if so, how it would work if nobody got on the shuttle buss until 15 minutes pre-start?

Yeah, one person would get canned, but if we all did it....

Something to take up with your Unions, either way. We should get paid for at least some of that forced travel time.

Zazu

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:14 am

I've gotta silly question. If 'all' these people show up like they suspect,,where the heck are they gonna put them? :eek:
Will people be standin outside to wait a turn to get in? :confused:
Count us out,we'll wait until Dec.

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Zazu wrote:At WDW, it's Company policy that cast aren't permitted in their work areas more than 15 minutes before the start of their shift. I wonder if Disneyland has the same policy, and if so, how it would work if nobody got on the shuttle buss until 15 minutes pre-start?
I don't think we have such a policy here at DLR. We're free to arrive as early as we want, provided we're in costume on-stage and don't distract our on-duty coworkers too much. (Also, if you're on-stage and in costume, you're expected to behave as if you're on-duty. Which means if a Guest asks you something, you'd better answer as if you're getting paid or there will be trouble.)

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Both my Sun. shifts allow me to park in K Lot. I really do like the wide new entry & swipe methed. About time!!! Yet, I couldn't get a Texan in now to give me a ride to park them like last year. ;) I still enter K Lot & want to turn left into the Car Pool Parking. Old habits die slow. As a union rep told me; "This parking thing for guests in K Lot may be a Disney test for the future." I agreed.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Zazu wrote:At WDW, it's Company policy that cast aren't permitted in their work areas more than 15 minutes before the start of their shift. I wonder if Disneyland has the same policy
We have this policy Zazu, but it's never in place nor brought up.

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

joanna71985
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by joanna71985 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:40 pm

Zazu wrote:At WDW, it's Company policy that cast aren't permitted in their work areas more than 15 minutes before the start of their shift. I wonder if Disneyland has the same policy, and if so, how it would work if nobody got on the shuttle buss until 15 minutes pre-start?

Yeah, one person would get canned, but if we all did it....

Something to take up with your Unions, either way. We should get paid for at least some of that forced travel time.
Say what?? I have never heard of that rule
5th Dimension wrote:They try to make parking as difficult as possible here in WDW in AK and Studios too. In AK, there is TONS of space that they could convert into parking backstage. In Studios, there is a possibility of making another parking garage backstage. Instead, we park in a section of the normal parking lot, and have to walk all the way through the park to wherever we work.

That means bad show could be avoided if we could park backstage. That means happier cast that didn't have to walk all the way across the park. Oh, and finding a parking spot in Studios in the middle of the day is a ton of fun too. You'll have to drive around for 10 minutes waiting for someone to get out. And now rumors of them closing off the satellite entrance, the one that I use every day. Awesome.

I'm sure it's not as bad as the situation rumored for DL, but it's very frustrating.
I hate the parking situation at DHS. I would be very happy with backstage parking

[font="Comic Sans MS"]
I will be your guide for this magical journey into the movies. It's the perfect job for me, because I love movies! Is everybody ready? Great, because it's showtime. Ready when you are, CB!
[/font]

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 pm

joanna71985 wrote:I hate the parking situation at DHS. I would be very happy with backstage parking
The feature garage is pretty lousy. I promise the amount of time you spend walking to your location would instead be spent circling the garage looking for a non-existant spot and in line at the security gate.

Kurt

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Main Streeter wrote:We have this policy Zazu, but it's never in place nor brought up.
Whoa, what? We do? :eek: Well, if they're not enforcing it, then is it still policy?

On another note, I managed to get the day off on Jun 17 so no crazy stadium parking for me. :D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:Whoa, what? We do? :eek: Well, if they're not enforcing it, then is it still policy?

On another note, I managed to get the day off on Jun 17 so no crazy stadium parking for me. :D:
Yes, still policy. I chose to work both Sundays,don't have to, because so many took those days off & will call out.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by TiggerHappy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:52 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Yes, still policy. I chose to work both Sundays,don't have to, because so many took those days off & will call out.
I've had full-time hours ever since I finished the college program plus I had to deal with the whole Leap Day fiasco so I need a break. :mad: