Modern Family at DLR

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Modern Family at DLR

Post by NemoRanger » Thu May 10, 2012 10:56 pm

I was at work today and heard a lot of outrage from my fellow CM. People are pissed about messing with the characters. I have to kind of agree that it was very irresponsible for a Disney owned company to ruin the magic of the characters on TV by showing them talk and Condone violence against the characters.

We just try so hard to maintain the magic of the characters. I always hate it when parents make cracks like" Gee it must be hot in there" or "Do they have fans in those heads"

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Fri May 11, 2012 1:39 am

I saw a rodent family at dl once.

Corey

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 am

NemoRanger wrote:We just try so hard to maintain the magic of the characters. I always hate it when parents make cracks like" Gee it must be hot in there" or "Do they have fans in those heads"
My pet peeve is when parents tell their kids that a character is going on break! yes, we all know THAT!! Way to kill the magic Mom and Dad!! You could say something like Rapunzel is combing her hair, the Princesses are freshening up, Tinker Bell is getting more Pixie Dust, etc.....

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri May 11, 2012 10:21 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:My pet peeve is when parents tell their kids that a character is going on break! yes, we all know THAT!! Way to kill the magic Mom and Dad!! You could say something like Rapunzel is combing her hair, the Princesses are freshening up, Tinker Bell is getting more Pixie Dust, etc.....
We tell our kids something like, Mickey is going on break to get some cheesecake. Hey, the characters need down time too!

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri May 11, 2012 3:49 pm

You guys must think kids are stupid. Chances are that they already have figured out that the characters are people in costumes. The face characters are the only ones that really have a chance at convincing kids that they are the real thing. Probably why the princesses are so popular.

They all had toys and know what plastic feels like vs. flesh and blood. They mostly all have pets too. They know the difference. They do, however, buy into the character being a real character and as close to real as is possible. Mickey Mouse is Mickey Mouse...it's just that he has a plastic head and is 5 ft tall, but they are OK with that.

:goofy: :goofy:

NemoRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by NemoRanger » Sat May 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:You guys must think kids are stupid. Chances are that they already have figured out that the characters are people in costumes. The face characters are the only ones that really have a chance at convincing kids that they are the real thing. Probably why the princesses are so popular.

They all had toys and know what plastic feels like vs. flesh and blood. They mostly all have pets too. They know the difference. They do, however, buy into the character being a real character and as close to real as is possible. Mickey Mouse is Mickey Mouse...it's just that he has a plastic head and is 5 ft tall, but they are OK with that.
No kids are not stupid but they are innocent. My 4 year old niece truly believes she met Mickey Mouse. Her 7 year old brother tried to tell her that it was just a person in costume and she nearly punched him as she told him NO it wasnt. Of course I backed up my niece and said I work with Mickey every day and I can tell you without a doubt its MICKEY and nobody else.

My newphew begins to look puzzled by this news and my niece smiles smuggly and goes back to playing with her American Girl Doll.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun May 13, 2012 6:24 am

NemoRanger wrote:I was at work today and heard a lot of outrage from my fellow CM. People are pissed about messing with the characters. I have to kind of agree that it was very irresponsible for a Disney owned company to ruin the magic of the characters on TV by showing them talk and Condone violence against the characters.

We just try so hard to maintain the magic of the characters. I always hate it when parents make cracks like" Gee it must be hot in there" or "Do they have fans in those heads"
My fellow CMs and I talked about that, too. We figured that if Disney no longer cared about upholding the magic, then why do they drill it into our heads with the whole 4 Keys thing?

Walt, Roy, and his son surely are all spinning in their graves by now.