Stupid Drive By Trick

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Stupid Drive By Trick

Post by Purpura » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:08 pm

I was waiting for the 83 out in front of Disneyland to go home, and a white van drives by, with its passenger back door open. A group of teenage girls are poking hands out the door waving and screaming at a high volume.

I wished there had been a police officer that had seen this... I think I heard them scream a couple times more as the van proceeded down the street.

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Stupid Drive By Trick

Post by Epeyon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:57 am

Reverse Pedovan?

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 pm

No Clue... I think the teenage girls were excited about something

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:00 am

But when is that NOT the case?

Oh, right. When they're depressed.

Please note, this post is ABSOLUTELY IN NO WAY meant to make fun of a very serious disorder. I have had friends who had it, and if you want a poignant picture of the pain it can cause, watch season 4 of Stormchasers, those last couple episodes brought back some memories that still sting years later. I have known too many people, past tense, who suffered from depression, and would ask, beg, plead and cajole that if you fight depression, you don't do it alone. Get the help you need, both professional and from a friend you can trust.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:But when is that NOT the case?

Oh, right. When they're depressed.

Please note, this post is ABSOLUTELY IN NO WAY meant to make fun of a very serious disorder. I have had friends who had it, and if you want a poignant picture of the pain it can cause, watch season 4 of Stormchasers, those last couple episodes brought back some memories that still sting years later. I have known too many people, past tense, who suffered from depression, and would ask, beg, plead and cajole that if you fight depression, you don't do it alone. Get the help you need, both professional and from a friend you can trust.
Don't worry as someone who does suffer from chronic depression I still found humor in the post. One of the reasons I come to this site. No matter how bad I day I have I know I can at least find something to laugh at here.

Unfortunately I do fight it alone and have been for the past few years. So far I'm winning the battle mostly because I have five dogs who rely on me for their well-being. Odd how they always seem to know how I'm feeling yet friends and family just seem oblivious.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:46 pm

When it comes to that kind of thing, I think dogs are smarter.

Well, cats too. They just don't give a shi

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:43 am

Widget wrote: So far I'm winning the battle mostly because I have five dogs who rely on me for their well-being. Odd how they always seem to know how I'm feeling yet friends and family just seem oblivious.
Widget, you are never alone nor misunderstood, judged nor taken for granted when you have dogs around who love you. Dogs are far better than doctors. You will win your battle because you share & can give. YOU WILL! YOU CAN!

:dog1: :dog2: :dog3: :dog4: :dog5: :dog6: :dog8: :dog9:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:03 am

Main Streeter wrote:Widget, you are never alone nor misunderstood, judged nor taken for granted when you have dogs around who love you. Dogs are far better than doctors. You will win your battle because you share & can give. YOU WILL! YOU CAN!

:dog1: :dog2: :dog3: :dog4: :dog5: :dog6: :dog8: :dog9:
While I totally agree that having pets can surely help the situation I would stop short of saying that it is the total answer, like it sounds here. A chemical imbalance in the brain that contributes to depression will still be there even if one is surrounded with a million pets. Make it a mix of Doctor and pets and you could very well have a winning combination.

:goofy: :goofy:

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:56 pm

Been down the doctor route and the therapist. Works okay until the insurance runs out. And the $30 co-pay each visit is not a long term solution when money is really tight. Not to mention the price of gas influencing every trip I make. Now if by Doctor you mean the David Tennant version than that just might work :) .

And I know it is believed that pets help to reduce blood pressure. I usually agree. But I don't think the dogs read the same studies. Somehow when one dog (a blind 40 pound Norwegian Elkhound with a bad knee) goes after another dog (a 100 pound Great Pyrenees) my blood pressure goes up. Why the pyr doesn't just flatten the Elkhound I will never know. And they always have to fight when I am on the phone or watching something really interesting on tv.

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Widget wrote: And they always have to fight when I am on the phone or watching something really interesting on tv.
Just like kids...