Stupid Drive By Trick

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Stupid Drive By Trick

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:45 am

Goofyernmost wrote:While I totally agree that having pets can surely help the situation I would stop short of saying that it is the total answer, like it sounds here.
Goofyer, I didn't word my post well. Pets are not a total answer to the problem. I do understand this.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:16 am

When I had my appendix removed at 10(?) years old, the day I arrived they had animal therapy dogs that were coming around the hospital in the children's wing. I don't know how many dogs they had that day, but they had a lab puppy that came into my room, they put it up on my bed, it played for a bit and proceeded to fall asleep on my lap for an hour and a half. It was enough to get my mind off the pain in my gut (the morphine was helping some too, but the dog was more memorable) and the impending opening up of self. I won't say for sure that it would have been a completely different experience without that dog, but I have my conclusions, and you would have a very difficult time arguing against me.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 am

Main Streeter wrote:Goofyer, I didn't word my post well. Pets are not a total answer to the problem. I do understand this.
I didn't really think that you did, but I was confused by the post and probably didn't word it well myself. I just wanted to point that out. It is so easy for someone with that problem to justify dropping meds and outside care for a simpler less invasive approach. That especially happens when someone has been getting treatment, is feeling better and decides that they are over the hump and can now control it themselves without a doctor or medication. Believe me, I have seen it happen again and again with my x-wife and I have a bit of a sensitive spot about it. Sorry, I didn't mean to cause friction.

:goofy: :goofy:

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:19 am

Back when my father was in a nursing home I used to bring my collie (the one in my avatar) in to visit him. It would take at least 30 minutes to get from the elevator to my father's room since Starbuck and I had to stop and visit with all the residents and staff along the way. Starbuck loved it since he was fed all sorts of treats. Good thing he had an iron stomach. And the residents loved him. It seems that almost everyone had a collie when they were younger.

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:48 pm

You have a blue merle! I love merles.

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Amphigorey wrote:You have a blue merle! I love merles.
I did. He passed away a couple of years ago at the age of 11. Starbuck was a great dog. First dog I ever put an obedience and a rally title on. His registered name was Caibor's Darn You Daggit CD RN CGC HIC TDI TT. Highly intelligent, active and a momma's boy. I swear he knew he was good looking. And like a kid he loved to act up in public. But I knew what I was getting into from just seeing what his family did. His sister went to Portugal as a service dog and his grandmother did fire safety training for kids with the local fire departments. And his mother who was the smallest out of a litter of 14 flattened a pit bull who came to close to her pups.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 am

Goofyernmost wrote: Sorry, I didn't mean to cause friction.
No friction caused at all. & if you actually knew me.... you would understand - I confuse most everyone. Someone must do it. ;)

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:36 am

Main Streeter wrote:No friction caused at all. & if you actually knew me.... you would understand - I confuse most everyone. Someone must do it. ;)
What? I'm confused.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:48 am

hobie16 wrote:What? I'm confused.
LOL Was a given you would post hobie. ;)