Props to this Security CM

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
shilohmm
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Props to this Security CM

Post by shilohmm » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm

NemoRanger wrote:I had to stop halfway through. I could not take any more of that annoying woman screeching THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!!!
:mad:

I almost bailed because of her. Then I decided to watch it without sound. :tapeshut: Although she either shuts up or the guy filming moved away from her; not nearly so noticeable toward the end.

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

GrumpyFan wrote:Props indeed, but where's the rest of the security force? That went way too long and was obviously more serious than just the one security person could handle. Looks like the only that would have been sufficient to restrain that guy was a taser. Props to the other guests who jumped in to help too.
In fairness, the video only lasted 4 minutes. It's not like all of security would have been on the spot immediately...they had to get there. My guess is the reason the video stopped when it did was in direct relation to when the rest of security arrived. I think Disney would not like the idea of that all being filmed.
NemoRanger wrote:I had to stop halfway through. I could not take any more of that annoying woman screeching THERE ARE CHILDREN HERE!!!
I mentioned that on another (gasp) board. She's yelling were's security over and over. Who did she think the guy with the mace was...Tinkerbell? I was actually hoping he would belt her one. (Just kidding, but a person can dream can't they?)

:goofy: :goofy:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:In fairness, the video only lasted 4 minutes. It's not like all of security would have been on the spot immediately...they had to get there. My guess is the reason the video stopped when it did was in direct relation to when the rest of security arrived. I think Disney would not like the idea of that all being filmed.
Towards the end of the video there was a manager looking guy in a black shirt (he had an ID on a lanyard at least) who was getting the crowd back and putting his hand in front of the camera after the guy lowered it.
I mentioned that on another (gasp) board. She's yelling were's security over and over. Who did she think the guy with the mace was...Tinkerbell? I was actually hoping he would belt her one. (Just kidding, but a person can dream can't they?)
Every time she said that I thought "who do you think the guy in the white shirt spraying the idiot in the face with pepper spray is, lady?!"

I hope Disney got a copy of that video, while it doesn't show what started the altercation (how much you want to bet it was Fastpass related? (Does DCA's Tower even have FP?)) it shows what happened sometime after the first security host showed up. Could be useful in the event of a lawsuit.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I hope Disney got a copy of that video, while it doesn't show what started the altercation (how much you want to bet it was Fastpass related? (Does DCA's Tower even have FP?)) it shows what happened sometime after the first security host showed up. Could be useful in the event of a lawsuit.
All they need to do is read one of the Disney Boards...it has made them all.

:goofy: :goofy:

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Shorty82 wrote:I hope Disney got a copy of that video, while it doesn't show what started the altercation (how much you want to bet it was Fastpass related? (Does DCA's Tower even have FP?)) it shows what happened sometime after the first security host showed up. Could be useful in the event of a lawsuit.
It happened at the entrance of Tower There was a security camera or ten.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Towards the end of the video there was a manager looking guy in a black shirt (he had an ID on a lanyard at least) who was getting the crowd back and putting his hand in front of the camera after the guy lowered it.
I'm surprised more tower CMs didn't come out purely to back up the crowd, as they do not help the situation at all. I came across a similar but not as intense situation at the TTC as a guest-CM last year and was able to help security by at least keeping the area clear so no one else would get in the way...

Why doesn't security just carry zip ties or cuffs or something though for situations like this?

Kurt

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:I mentioned that on another (gasp) board. She's yelling were's security over and over. Who did she think the guy with the mace was...Tinkerbell? I was actually hoping he would belt her one. (Just kidding, but a person can dream can't they?)
Yeah, Ms. Screamer wasn't exactly helping the situation with her screeching. If she wanted someone to help, why didn't she jump in herself? :rolleyes:
Shorty82 wrote:(Does DCA's Tower even have FP?)
Yep. Does WDW?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 am

TiggerHappy wrote:Yep. Does WDW?
Yes it does.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

Epeyon
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Epeyon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 am

It sounds like that entire group around/with the guy filming it is drunk. Especially the "there are kids here" chick.

It looks like there are only two CMs there for most of it, the security one and the tower kid. It must've happened pretty fast for them not to have been able to call a coordinator over. Or anybody else at all.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:28 am

I would have been one of the guests taking him down, but it would have happened after he took the first swing. Justifiable take down of a SG...oh yeah...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."