SG Ticket Question...

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

SG Ticket Question...

Post by RedOctober25 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 am

First off, let just say that if it works great, if not... no big deal.

I am finally making my way to Disneyland for the first time (after many many trips to WDW). I have read on BoardX that a single unused (No Expire) day from WDW can be exchanged for a single day at Disneyland. My assumption is that the per day price I paid at WDW is higher than the per day price at Disneyland. Is there anyone here that works the turnstiles or Guest Relations that can confirm or deny this prior (or make hints toward the answer if one "cannot confirm or deny the allegation"). I have some leftover days from a ticket 5 years ago that was just prior to becoming the dreaded APer, that I would like to use up. Like I said, if it works, awesome. If it doesn't, no big deal and I purchase a regular ticket like everyone else and use my NE days later.

Thanks for any info (either way).

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: SG Ticket Question...

Post by Zazu » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 am

RedOctober25 wrote:I am finally making my way to Disneyland for the first time (after many many trips to WDW). I have read on BoardX that a single unused (No Expire) day from WDW can be exchanged for a single day at Disneyland. My assumption is that the per day price I paid at WDW is higher than the per day price at Disneyland. Is there anyone here that works the turnstiles or Guest Relations that can confirm or deny this prior (or make hints toward the answer if one "cannot confirm or deny the allegation").
Yes, you can use any valid WDW day pass for admission to Disneyland (but not annual passes [except the premier], seasonal passes, or Florida resident passes). If the WDW pass is a park hopper, I believe you will have park hopping privileges at the Disneyland parks.

That said, I would strongly advise that you visit Guest Relations to get your tickets converted, as the turnstiles on the two coasts are not entirely compatible. If staying at one of the Disneyland hotels, try at the lobby concierge there first for a shorter line, but if they say, "No," go try GR anyway -- concierge staff don't always have the most current information at hand.

Zazu

RedOctober25
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by RedOctober25 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:39 pm

That is all the information I needed and more. Thanks so much. I am staying at the Grand Cali so I will first check with the Concierge Staff before heading off to GR. One quick final question. If my current ticket has four days left on it can exchange all the days at one time or do I need to go to Concierge/GR on a daily basis? (I realize I said "single day") The ticket is a park hopper, but not sure that will really come into play (as I rarely park hop at WDW on my AP). Thanks again for the info.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 pm

I still have an unused day on both my wife's and my 4-day paper passes from our 1990 honeymoon, and a few Disney dollars left over as well. Maybe we'll use them someday, maybe not...

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

GaTechGal
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GaTechGal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 am

BRWombat wrote:I still have an unused day on both my wife's and my 4-day paper passes from our 1990 honeymoon, and a few Disney dollars left over as well. Maybe we'll use them someday, maybe not...
Your 25th anniversary is right around the corner and I think it sounds like a PERFECT way to celebrate. DH and I are going to be celebrating our 25th (which actually happened back in Dec) on the Disney Fantasy this July.

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:47 pm

Yes, you can use any valid WDW day pass for admission to Disneyland (but not annual passes [except the premier], seasonal passes, or Florida resident passes). If the WDW pass is a park hopper, I believe you will have park hopping privileges at the Disneyland parks.
It seems you are right about this. From http://www.allears.net/pl/apass.htm
The Premium Annual Pass entitles guests to unlimited admission* with park hopping privileges with no blockout dates to the Magic Kingdom® Park; Epcot®; Disney's Hollywood Studios; Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park; Disney Quest, Disney's water parks: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability: 407-WDW-GOLF), and ESPN's Wide World of Sports complex, as well as complimentary parking in the theme park lots and all the passholder benefits listed below. Complimentary use of WDW transportation system - monorails, ferryboats, and motor coaches - is included. *Except activities/events separately priced.

The Disney Premier Passports entitles guests to:

At Walt Disney World

•Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including park hopping privileges
•Unlimited admission to Disney's Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
•Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
•Parking at all four Theme Parks
•Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication

At Disneyland Resort

•Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including park hopping privileges
•Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot
•Subscription to Backstage Pass.
•Complimentary subscription to Disney's Family Fun Magazine (one per household)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:34 pm

Zazu wrote:Yes, you can use any valid WDW day pass for admission to Disneyland (but not annual passes [except the premier], seasonal passes, or Florida resident passes). If the WDW pass is a park hopper, I believe you will have park hopping privileges at the Disneyland parks.
avengador1 wrote:It seems you are right about this. From http://www.allears.net/pl/apass.htm
Well, that doesn't prove as much as it might seem. The primary resource for ticket information at AllEars is me!

Zazu

KingsIslander
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Kings Island

Post by KingsIslander » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:41 pm

The Seven Degrees of Zazu? :zazu:

&quot wrote: "You can't arrest me for jogging on the railroad tracks!"
2010-2011: Food and Beverage
2012-Present: Admissions/Park Operations

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, that doesn't prove as much as it might seem. The primary resource for ticket information at AllEars is me!
At least now I will know that I'm getting my information from the horses mouth when I check there. ;)

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:20 pm

Zazu wrote:Well, that doesn't prove as much as it might seem. The primary resource for ticket information at AllEars is me!
Which is exactly why it has a tendency to be so accurate.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1