Hopeful hire question!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Re: Hopeful hire question!

Post by delsdad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:16 pm

hobie16 wrote:Image tattooedhopeful!

A moment of fun followed by years of regret.
A permanent reminder, of a temporary feeling..... :buffet:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:29 pm

BRWombat wrote:Hey, I think you found a title for your autobiography, hobie! :D:
I'm gonna have to live longer. I've had many moments of fun but not many that I regret. There was West Point but that's a story for another time.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:32 pm

delsdad wrote:A permanent reminder, of a temporary feeling..... :buffet:
Ha! I've got TWO of those!!!!! :p:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:20 pm

DisneyMom wrote:Ha! I've got TWO of those!!!!! :p:
Do you mean the boys (I like them!) or you mean tats? Haven't seen those. :confused:

Tatooedhope, I work with CMs who have tats. As long as your tats are covered, you are good to go. Stores @ DLR allows long sleeves for both sexes. IDK abt stores @ WDW. Welcome to SGT mania.

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:08 pm

*puts out the fire, sweeps up the ashes*

Looks like the safety spiel took care of the tats. :p:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:20 am

Main Streeter wrote:Do you mean the boys (I like them!) or you mean tats? Haven't seen those. :confused:

Tatooedhope, I work with CMs who have tats. As long as your tats are covered, you are good to go. Stores @ DLR allows long sleeves for both sexes. IDK abt stores @ WDW. Welcome to SGT mania.
I meant the Boys. :) No Tattoos :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Moonliner
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Moonliner » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Main Streeter wrote:Do you mean the boys (I like them!) or you mean tats? Haven't seen those. :confused:

To amplify what Main Streeter said, I'm a character attendant and know some face characters with tats. If you can't see them they don't care. Of course, I would not recommend getting them just the same. Good luck in your audition!

tattooedhopeful
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by tattooedhopeful » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:51 am

Moonliner wrote:To amplify what Main Streeter said, I'm a character attendant and know some face characters with tats. If you can't see them they don't care. Of course, I would not recommend getting them just the same. Good luck in your audition!
Thank you for the input! Sadly, I have one on each wrist, and one on my upper left bicep. Kills pretty much every princess for me. I could be villains, but I realized that also comes with possibly being in Fantasmic, and I'm phobic of pyrotechnics. I deal with the fireworks at night, but if I can steer clear of them, that's preferred. Haha.

I'm tattooed and phobic of pyrotechnics. Of all the places I could dream of working, it happens to be a place that's tattoo unfriendly and pyrotechnic friendly.

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 pm

tattooedhopeful wrote:Thank you for the input! Sadly, I have one on each wrist, and one on my upper left bicep. Kills pretty much every princess for me. I could be villains, but I realized that also comes with possibly being in Fantasmic, and I'm phobic of pyrotechnics. I deal with the fireworks at night, but if I can steer clear of them, that's preferred. Haha.

I'm tattooed and phobic of pyrotechnics. Of all the places I could dream of working, it happens to be a place that's tattoo unfriendly and pyrotechnic friendly.
Unless I'm mistaken, though, aren't in park characters a different department within entertainment from Parades/Show characters (which would include Fantasmic?)

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:50 pm

CBeilby wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, though, aren't in park characters a different department within entertainment from Parades/Show characters (which would include Fantasmic?)
Nope, not AFAIK. Though normally, AFAIK, friends of the characters start out doing meet and greets and can move to doing parades and shows if they want after a while. Nobody is forced to into a show or parade from doing meet and greets (in other words, one can keep doing meet and greets forever if they wish).

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward