CM Tricks

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: CM Tricks

Post by Alyssa3467 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:42 am

Some misinformation just simply persists despite the best efforts to set things straight. No matter how many times and how many ways we tell Cast Members to tell Guests inquiring about lost items to go to Lost and Found, many of them continue to tell Guests to go to City Hall.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:39 pm

Do you guys have the cast survey going? It rates the CM Guide that tells when show are etc? I was reading one day it had a question about the hotel numbers and I did not know where that was. I had the guest go to City Hall for that.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:42 pm

Alyssa3467 wrote:Some misinformation just simply persists despite the best efforts to set things straight. No matter how many times and how many ways we tell Cast Members to tell Guests inquiring about lost items to go to Lost and Found, many of them continue to tell Guests to go to City Hall.
Ummm... Isn't Guest Relations the location of Lost & Found? It is over here.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:09 pm

WDW has a dedicated building for lost and found. It used to be the pet sitting building before they built the new pet kennels building.
The Lost and Found building is on the right hand side, just past the underpass, heading to the TTC from the parking lots.

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:18 pm

avengador1 wrote:WDW has a dedicated building for lost and found. It used to be the pet sitting building before they built the new pet kennels building.
The Lost and Found building is on the right hand side, just past the underpass, heading to the TTC from the parking lots.
That's Central Lost & Found. Items are held at Guest Relations for the day then it is sent over to Central L&F. I tend to think at the park level when it comes to L&F and don't think about Central L&F that often.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by avengador1 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:51 pm

You wouldn't believe the amount of items that made their way to the monorail consoles during a typical day. The reason they kept the items at the console is because sometimes the guests would realize they left an item on the monorails and they would come back to the station looking for it. They then would be directed to the console to see if the item was there. The stations could also call the other stations to see if the item had been turned in at any of them.
Many of these items were found by other guests, who then turned these over to CMs, and then they made their way over to the consoles at each station. If they weren't claimed before the end of the night they were then taken to West Gate, from there I guess they went to Lost and Found.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:11 pm

That is good information to know.

I will take notes.

Thanks. :)

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

turkeyham wrote:What I can't figure out are the dumb guests at DL. I had no idea that there is a monorail stop next to BTRR and stops in Tomorrowland. Really? When was that built? :confused:
Our monorail only has two stops: Tomorrowland and Downtown Disney. The monorail track doesn't even go through our Frontierland at all. O_o Wonder where they got that idea?

Maybe they thought BTRR is transportation and not an attraction? That's some pretty fast and rocky transportation.

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:50 am

Shorty82 wrote:Ummm... Isn't Guest Relations the location of Lost & Found? It is over here.
Resort Lost and Found serves the two theme parks and Downtown Disney, while each of the three hotels handle their own lost and found items.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:27 pm

The SG wanted the monorail to pick them up out in Frontierland.

They were complaining that they were tired of walking. DUH!!!!!!! :mad: