I spent $3,000 today to get in

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: I spent $3,000 today to get in

Post by felinefan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Where is that sculpture?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

felinefan wrote:Where is that sculpture?
A little further research shows that it is in Brussels, Belgium, and titled "De Vaartkapoen," or "The Tripping Policeman." Who knew?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:36 am

BRWombat wrote:A little further research shows that it is in Brussels, Belgium, and titled "De Vaartkapoen," or "The Tripping Policeman." Who knew?
Probably lots of people...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:46 am

ktulu wrote:Probably lots of people...
Okay, who outside of Belgium knew?

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:12 pm

BRWombat wrote:Okay, who outside of Belgium knew?
I'm sure you could find someone...I wonder if I can get a govt. grant to study this. I'll use it to fly us to various Disney parks, where we will take turns asking different family members if we had heard of it. Then we will spend all of the grant money, and publish our "findings" and conclude that someone outside of Belgium did in fact know...

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by BRWombat » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:06 pm

ktulu wrote:I'm sure you could find someone...I wonder if I can get a govt. grant to study this. I'll use it to fly us to various Disney parks, where we will take turns asking different family members if we had heard of it. Then we will spend all of the grant money, and publish our "findings" and conclude that someone outside of Belgium did in fact know...
Sounds good. And to make sure the methodology is sound, I hereby forget that I've already read the conclusion of the study.

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:40 pm

ktulu wrote:I'm sure you could find someone...I wonder if I can get a govt. grant to study this. I'll use it to fly us to various Disney parks, where we will take turns asking different family members if we had heard of it. Then we will spend all of the grant money, and publish our "findings" and conclude that someone outside of Belgium did in fact know...

Let me know if you need a 'study' partner,we'll check out the local pubs as part of our interviews and get imput from the locals. I'll bring my own pen and paper. :cool:

Beer....The reason I get up every,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,afternoon.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by ktulu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:04 pm

BRWombat wrote:Sounds good. And to make sure the methodology is sound, I hereby forget that I've already read the conclusion of the study.
What conclusion ;)
darph nader wrote:Let me know if you need a 'study' partner,we'll check out the local pubs as part of our interviews and get imput from the locals. I'll bring my own pen and paper. :cool:
Bring your own pen and paper? Screw that, iPads for everyone! I'll make sure there is enough grant money...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:40 pm

Before I begin our planning process, I need to clear up one thing:
ktulu wrote:What conclusion ;)
No, the question is, "What study?" Had you ever heard of this study BRWombat is talking about? Neither have I, so we have to assume BRWombat has lost it and doesn't know what he's talking about. What's a little libel among friends?

Don't forget, you need a Marathon Prevost Limo Sleeper Motor Coach that comes with extendable railroad trucks, kinda like this but much prettier (you know how the Japanese often have no sense of form over function) going down the road or rails. Oh, and since two trucks means a nicer ride, naturally we cannot settle for less. Your chauffeur (me) will need training as a Locomotive Engineer, just to make sure that he can operate legally on the rails. I think it's a good value, because the training comes in under $29,000. When you consider that the driver/engineer training to the cost of the vehicle ratio comes out to less than 1:50, it's a steal. When your driver takes a break, we can hook up to the back of an Amtrak train, and they will gladly tow us for $2.10 per mile plus some other fees. So make sure you account for all that.

Of course, in order to guarantee the accuracy of this study, we'll make it double blind. By that I mean that both ktulu and Darph will have had enough to drink in order to literally render them temporarily blind, and then we will put blindfolds on them. So would that then qualify as quadruple blind, or do we call it based on the number of eyes, multiplied by the number of ways they have been blinded, and so Octo Blind?

All these details which we will need to hammer out before we depart.

And don't forget to factor in the cost of the hammer. I am certainly not paying for it.

And while we're at it, could you put in the budget to not only get us engraved iPad 2 64GB Verizon units? And while we're at it, I need an iPhone 4S 64GB Verizon, and it needs an unlimited data plan. Now that I think of it, so does the iPad. And we'll go ahead and get a WiFi hotspot so we can use FaceTime at all times. I'm pretty sure it comes installed on the Coach.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 am

Want to really piss off a guest.
if you have a AP, figure out what your daily entry cost is and tell a guest that, just leave out the AP part. i.e. you paid HOW much? I only paid about 3.00 to get in here today..." this will either give them a heart attack or send them off screaming.

Corey