red clips mean NO!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Smile.Like.You.Mean.It
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

red clips mean NO!

Post by Smile.Like.You.Mean.It » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:39 pm

So today I was working at the Swings over in DCA and as you all know we have the tandem swings for the little ones to ride alongside their parents. We used to have 4 and then they upped it to 8. (They're a nuisance to the workers)

Today we had two that were broken. As with any vehicle that is broken on a ride, we red clipped it and made sure people didn't sit in them.

Despite there being two red clips preventing the lap-bar from being raised and a red, eye-level sign with the universal symbol for do not enter, multiple SGs tried to climb through these obstacles to sit in the broken swings! Even after spieling they didn't get it. Finally, I would go up to them as they were trying to take off the red clips and say, "Those red clips are there for a reason, pick a different seat!"

I just don't understand it -.-

SG: "Excuse me, do you work here?"
Me: looking down at obvious costume/nametag while standing in front of attraction with similar theme. "Uh, yeah."
:oweye: i thought that question was just a myth!!

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: red clips mean NO!

Post by Freak » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 am

I understand why people were trying to open it. Red means its fine. Think about it. People run red lights, which means red tagged items are totally fine to use!

When we had to tag items out @ Knott's, we usually would seatbelt the lapbar/restraint shut if possible, and tag it. If the attraction had the option, we would have a mechanic take the lapbar offline...IE if we hit lapbar release, it wouldn't release. THAT was awesome, because it basically made sure nobody could open the lapbar no matter how hard they tried (of course, its totally different for swings).

Sometimes we would just shut down that row, just to avoid any confusion.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:38 am

In their defense, the guests don't know what a red clips mean. We need to dumb it down for them with a sign saying, "Do not use!" in plain English so that they understand.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:57 am

"Stay off. This attraction seat is blocked off because you could fall and break your neck if you use it. Capice?"

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 am

Perhaps the guests were red, green clipblind?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 pm

When I worked at Knott's, there would be times when a seatbelt would break on one of the cars at Charlie Brown Speedway. I'd put the "Do not use' sign in the affected car, and guess what? People kept trying to use that car! Usually those whose first language wasn't English. But some other people, who were native English speakers, also didn't see it, supposedly.

Smile.Like.You.Mean.It
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Smile.Like.You.Mean.It » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:43 pm

felinefan wrote:I'd put the "Do not use' sign in the affected car, and guess what? People kept trying to use that car! Usually those whose first language wasn't English. But some other people, who were native English speakers, also didn't see it, supposedly.
Exactly what happened! If it was just the red clip I would kinda understand, but the eye-level sign is too hard not to notice. Today it happened again, literally thirty seconds after I spieled and let the SGs in a family went straight for the broken tandem. I had to turn to my co-worker and ask if I was going crazy! Everyone else heard me talking and it's always the parents that go for them!

Lol, I actually had a kid turn to his mom and say: "Mommy, weren't you listening?" So I know someone is listening at least.

SG: "Excuse me, do you work here?"
Me: looking down at obvious costume/nametag while standing in front of attraction with similar theme. "Uh, yeah."
:oweye: i thought that question was just a myth!!

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:34 pm

Just attach a live rattlesnake :snake:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:20 am

DisneyMom wrote:Just attach a live rattlesnake :snake:
:dropmouth :dropmouth :dropmouth DISN....um, why do I even bother? :confused:

For Randy, For Bonny, For Chris...

Purpura
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Purpura » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:02 am

CBeilby wrote: :dropmouth :dropmouth :dropmouth DISN....um, why do I even bother? :confused:
I hereby second what my husband says... Why do we even bother LOL

Partial Guest List for Minnie and Friends Character Breakfast Disneyland Plaza Inn :minnie: :eeyore: :hook: :pooh: :tigger: :fairymom:

I am at Rancho Del Zocalo. OLE~!

Go Wombat and VM!

Notatourist will never be forgotten...