disney break ca vehicle codes

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: disney break ca vehicle codes

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:See if you still feel the same when California breaks off of the mainland and floats out into the Pacific.
We could use the company. :cool:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 pm

MouseKiss wrote:Supposedly thanks to the shale gas drilling, we are getting earthquakes in the D/FW area now. That seems to be making things a little more equal in the mother nature category.
Mother Nature has nothing to do with it. If they're fracking to get at the gas you'll soon be able to light your kitchen faucet on fire. And don't light a match to kill the smell in the bathroom. :kaboom:

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

MouseKiss
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by MouseKiss » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:45 pm

hobie16 wrote:Mother Nature has nothing to do with it. If they're fracking to get at the gas you'll soon be able to light your kitchen faucet on fire. And don't light a match to kill the smell in the bathroom. :kaboom:
I have heard of some of those experiences occurring around here.

Which flammable gases come with smells naturally? I have always been told that the smell we think of in gas is added artificially.

My Mother Nature reference was just in regard to acts of nature like earthquakes and tornados. Not about the actual cause.

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 pm

MouseKiss wrote:Which flammable gases come with smells naturally? I have always been told that the smell we think of in gas is added artificially.
Methane reeks. Natural gas has an odor added to it. I thing propane has a smell as it's petroleum based.

--- Matt King

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 am

Main Streeter wrote:" a little?" :D:
Two things: I was being lenient, and giving the minimums. I do know some people I worked with who were only a little crazy.

And then there was the guy who detested gays, and told me during his training... at Monorails, of all places.

Needless to say, he wasn't around long.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Alyssa3467
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Alyssa3467 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Back to the original topic, it could be a number of things why the vehicles have the color lights they do. They could have permission from the proper authority or maybe the lens just looks blue when the lights are off and are actually green or something (this is what I think is going on). A number of the newer security vehicles at WDW have green lights in their light bars along with amber. Also, the vehicles are mostly used on private property on private roads so can legally (AFAIK) have blue lights as long as said lights are never used on public roadways or used to make people pull over.

DLR Fire Department is a fully certified fire department and is therefore allowed to have red emergency lights on their vehicles. I'd be surprised if they didn't have mutual aid deals with Anaheim and other area FDs and regularly respond to off-property emergencies. I know that Reedy Creek FD has mutual aid deals with the Orange County and Osceola County FDs and that they do get called out to emergencies off property.

OTOH, DLR Security are NOT a law enforcement agency (hence APD being on property) and therefore cannot use blue lights on public roadways without express permission from CHP, Anaheim PD or whoever it is that makes those decisions.
The strobes on the security vehicles are indeed blue. I've seen them used backstage recently. I can't imagine them being used on public roadways, nor any reason to do so with Anaheim PD readily available.

I've also recently seen DFD with their red lights activated. I don't recall if there was a steady burning front facing red light though.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:27 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:And then there was the guy who detested gays, and told me during his training... at Monorails, of all places.

Needless to say, he wasn't around long.
We had some senior cast members on the railroad who were so homophobic that they refused to wear the red bandanna -- part of the costume -- on Gay Day.

Costuming found them blue bandannas. I would have found them the door, or at least a point for being out of costume.

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by hobie16 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Zazu wrote:Costuming found them blue bandannas. I would have found them the door, or at least a point for being out of costume.
Gotta disagree. Make sure the Gay Day attendees were made aware of the significance of the blue bandanas and then step back. Possibly a Kodak moment.

--- Matt King

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:19 am

Zazu wrote:We had some senior cast members on the railroad who were so homophobic that they refused to wear the red bandanna -- part of the costume -- on Gay Day.
@ Knott's we had to wear red bandanas in our back pockets on most Ghost Town attractions. I never had a problem with it, but I couldn't stand it when kids would come up and go "Hey man, you a Blood?" and non-sensical things like that. I eventually started color matching my bandanas to my shirts (IE gray flannel = gray bandanna, green flannel = green bandanna, etc etc). Nobody ever said anything about it (nor did they say anything about the card I used to wear in my hat), but it was nice not to have some teenage thugs bother me and start asking gang-related questions. I recall some employees actually being approached by local gang members in Buena Park while they were going home because of the red bandannas. We were encouraged to remove them once we got off property.

Gay Day is actually a pretty fun day, it's actually one of the few days its more fun to interact with guests IMO.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:02 am

hobie16 wrote:We could use the company. :cool:
Especially since you guys have Aulani. :D